Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,756 members, 7,834,538 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed (734 Views)

Social Media Bill: Protesters Storm National Assembly (Photos) / Nigeria’s Social Media Bill: The Dangerous Implications By Techcabal / Nigerian Lawmakers, Police, Judges Most Corrupt, Says TI, N’assembly Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by etcsines: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lai Mohammed, minister of information, says he is not aware of the “Protection From Internet Falsehood and Manipulations Bill, 2019” before the national assembly.

Referred to as “social media bill”, it is being sponsored by Mohammed Musa, senator representing Niger east. The bill seeks to regulate social media.

Despite sparking controversy, it has since passed second reading at the senate.

But speaking in an interview with DW’s Tim Sebastian, Mohammed said such a bill does not exist, asking who authored it.

“Who is the author of that bill, I am not even aware of it. There’s no such bill before the house. I can say that categorically and authoritatively that there’s no such bill before the house,” Mohammed said.

The minister also spoke on the “National Commission for the Prohibition of Hate Speeches Bill 2019’, which has been described as extreme and as an infringement on the fundamental human rights of Nigerians.

On the hate speech bill, Mohammed said it is ignorant for anyone to accuse the government of President Muhammadu Buhari of pushing it.

The bill seeks the death penalty for any person found guilty of any form of hate speech that results in the death of another person but Abdullahi Sabi, also a senator from Niger who is its sponsor, has agreed to review the aspect of the death penalty.

“What is even more shocking here is the ignorance of people. Here's what we call separation of power in major democracies. This particular bill you’re talking about is a bill submitted not by the executive but by the legislative arm of government, so how can you accuse the executive?” he asked.

“Do we have a choice which bill goes through or not. The government does not come in until when the bill has been passed.

“The only thing you can do as a president is refusing you're to assent to such a law. The law has not even been passed. It is still with the senate. So, how does the president stop it without being accused of dictatorship? We don’t micromanage the parliament.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxE5WQKalCk

Source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2020/02/im-not-aware-of-any-social-media-bill.html

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by deboysben(m): 2:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
I watched the video

Seriously lai cannot make heaven.

His lies they fear devil.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by clarocuzioo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lai Mohammed that can lie categorically and emphatically.
The propaganda machine of APC.
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Seriously mehn are APC supporters this dumb?
This is getting ridiculous.
They know what they are doing is stupid yet Buharideens and Buharididirins would support it.

I honestly wish this bill has been passed, so that those apc clown shouting amotekun would have been hanged

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by crownwealth: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2020
Alhaji Lie Mohammed grin
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by demolinka(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2020
Uncle Lai!

Mad o...
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 01, 2020
deboysben:
I watched the video

Seriously lai cannot make heaven.

His lies they fear devil.
shocked
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by nnaetobi(m): 3:05pm On Feb 01, 2020
Chief LINUS MMADUEKWE.welldone
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
This is the most shambolic video I have ever watched.
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by Marine54(m): 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lie Muhammad is the devil himself......
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 4:13pm On Feb 01, 2020
BREAKING NEWS!
God has forgiven Satan because lie lie Mohammed lie more than Satan! #fact

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by Racoon(m): 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2020
Stupid old man lying shamelessly.Nothing new because the APC was formed based on lies and propaganda
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by tidalstorm(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Lai Mohammed is a clown grin
After explaining the bill, he lied he doesn't know about the bill when asked if he supports it.

This guy suppose be the first person this bill suppose charge.
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by saaron(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2020
Bloody lying regime. Someone should post a video of Liar Mohammed defending ''Social Media Bill.'' A regime that lies perpetually non stop is a useless and irresponsible regime. #BuhariMustResign

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by BlackfireX: 6:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Who is the father of this man
Re: I’m Not Aware Of Any ‘Social Media Bill’ Before N’assembly - Lai Mohammed by SouthNigerian: 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2020
"There is no such bill before the house. I can say that categorically and authoritatively that theres no such bill before the house"

Confident liar... A Pathogenic liar retaining his seat as Information Minister.

(1) (Reply)

FCMB To Help Little Girl Who Used Their ATM Light To Study (photos) / The World’s Most Powerful Oil Alliance Is Falling Apart / FG Okays TSA Restructuring For Cash Mobilisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.