Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. (878 Views)

Vitamin E Capsule And The Skin Beauty Hack You Should Know About It / Pls Help... Black And Fair Skin On One Person / Pls Help... Black And Fair Skin On One Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by Phraences: 7:59pm On Feb 01, 2020
Who else experiences this?. I need to know i am not the only one cos right now i feel like a freak. I hear people talk about her Shea butter lightened their skin and how black soap cleared their dark spots and yet anytime i use any of this things, i get darker even as soon as i come out of the shower. Even to the extent that if a cream or soap has Shea butter or cocoa butter or vitamin e as an ingredient, i will get darker even the whole world testifies that it made their skin lighter. It is like the shea butter overpowers all the other ingredients. Even if i use the cream or soap only at night, i still get darker. I just don't understand my skin.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by Kwamecron(m): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
because you av earlier bleach ur skin...

So using those thing will first try to restore repair ur damaged skin due to the bleach, ur skin can will come normal then later come the fairness.

If u are not scare of getting dark, then you are doing urself good.

But if u want to restore ur skin to normal, reduce the regular use of other cream, use the black soup regularly and gradually and apply the Shea butter occasionally till ur color don’t border ur anymore.
Phraences:
Who else experiences this?. I need to know i am not the only one cos right now i feel like a freak. I hear people talk about her Shea butter lightened their skin and how black soap cleared their dark spots and yet anytime i use any of this things, i get darker even as soon as i come out of the shower. Even to the extent that if a cream or soap has Shea butter or cocoa butter or vitamin e as an ingredient, i will get darker even the whole world testifies that it made their skin lighter. It is like the shea butter overpowers all the other ingredients. Even if i use the cream or soap only at night, i still get darker. I just don't understand my skin.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by misskungfup: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sorry op, shea butter isn't for everyone but do you use a sunscreen?
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by Phraences: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2020
misskungfup:
Sorry op, shea butter isn't for everyone but do you use a sunscreen?

Yes.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by Phraences: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Kwamecron:
because you av earlier bleach ur skin...

So using those thing will first try to restore repair ur damaged skin due to the bleach, ur skin can will come normal then later come the fairness.

If u are not scare of getting dark, then you are doing urself good.

But if u want to restore ur skin to normal, reduce the regular use of other cream, use the black soup regularly and gradually and apply the Shea butter occasionally till ur color don’t border ur anymore.

It is not bleaching issue. I forgot to add that toilet soaps like dove, lux, delta etc also darkens my skin. Also pomade I.e petroleum jelly also darkens my skin. After paying attention to general products that darken my skin, i realized that there is another ingredient used in virtually most skin products that darken my skin and that is mineral oil also known as petroleum jelly, petrolatum, propylene glycol etc. So it is not a bleaching issue. I don't bleach.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by dawnomike(m): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2020
The above listed items will make you darker... Carrotine, papaya and glutha products are what you should stick to
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by Phraences: 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2020
dawnomike:
The above listed items will make you darker... Carrotine, papaya and glutha products are what you should stick to

It's just somehow hearing people around you talking about shea butter and especially black soap clearing and brightening the skin and your own skin is doing the exact opposite.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by Chuks9000: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2020
Shear butter darkens skin. Confirmed.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by dawnomike(m): 9:12pm On Feb 01, 2020
Phraences:

It's just somehow hearing people around you talking about shea butter and especially black soap clearing and brightening the skin and your own skin is doing the exact opposite.
It is better you use what suites you...Your skin is different
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by SmileDance(f): 9:46pm On Feb 01, 2020
Shea butter is not for you if you are light skinned, stick to what suits your skin. You can try palm kernel oil sha if you want to go local.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by misskungfup: 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
Do you exfoliate your skin?
Phraences:

Yes.
Re: Help!!! Black Soap, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E OilsAreDarkeningMySkin. by misskungfup: 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Do you exfoliate your skin?
Phraences:

Yes.

(1) (Reply)

MILLINERY ( Hats, Fascinators, Turbanators, Gele Etc / Instagram Gowns,shirts,mamas....wholesale / Lady Steals The Show At An Event With Her Dance Moves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.