Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja (38736 Views)

Government Should Ban Sports Betting Halls Over Coronavirus / FG Issues Travel Ban On 13 Countries Over Coronavirus / Anxiety In Edo Over Coronavirus Detection As Screening Begins At Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Anawana50(m): 11:22pm On Feb 01, 2020
Police in Abuja have arrested five persons for falsely claiming that they had contracted the dreaded Coronavirus disease.

They were said to haveing stormed the Wuse District Hospital claiming that one of them had been infected by Coronavirus.

The incident reportedly sparked panic and confusion and also disrupted normal health service delivery at the hospital.

The pranksters included Peggy Shandi, Abayomi Adedoyin, David Enemigin, Priscilla Ajesola and Jacob Oji.

Parading the suspects at the Wuse Zone 3 Divisional Police Station on Saturday, the FCT police spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manza said that the suspects claimed to be “playing out a script about the virus” without the knowledge or authorisation of the relevant authorities of the FCTA.

He said, “The FCT police command is still investigating the case and on conclusion, the suspects will be arraigned in court.”

The Chief Press Secretary to the FCT minister, Mr. Anthony Ogunleye said in a statement that the Director of Public Health, Dr Josephine Okechukwu reiterated that there was no confirmed case of Coronavirus in the FCT and advised residents to remain calm.

Okechukwu said that the action of the alleged pranksters was very wrong as it was capable of creating pandemonium especially in a hospital environment where the alleged action took place.

She said that if such false information was released on social media, it would do great damage not just to the FCT but the country at large.

https://punchng.com/police-parade-five-over-coronavirus-hoax-in-abuja/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:30am On Feb 02, 2020
Some people dont know when to joke. You dont joke with sensitive issues. I hope they get punished for their beautiful nonsense.
For all your Okirika needs in bales contact the number in my signature. Are you in need of a social media manager, email marketer, copy writer, or a cinematographer, call the number on my signature.

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by dominique(f): 6:00am On Feb 02, 2020
I see no point for this arrest. Hypochondriacs are paranoid people that believe they've caught every infection under the sun. They exist everywhere in the world and they can be a tad dramatic. That shouldn't call for an arrest should it?

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:01am On Feb 02, 2020
U say watin Happy Sunday guys..I pray God bless us youths of naija so we don’t go broke or broken

14 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Ghost1994: 6:02am On Feb 02, 2020
[i][/i] Their foolishness cost them 2-3 yrs behind bars. Prank goes wrong. I pity them Sha

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Eraddray(m): 6:03am On Feb 02, 2020
dem no get brain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Sabenko: 6:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Pls dont beat/jail them....just send them to China, if they survive, they will get sense finally. Silly people, how can you joke with something so sensitive like that. I was moved to tears when i saw a baby infected by the virus ! And u are here doing stupid dry joke about it.

20 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Expensive prank, now they will get small sense!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by NnamdiKanu(m): 6:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Don't forget to pray for your president today in church.... Shalom grin

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by SOFTENGR: 6:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Free them
Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Kingjjo(m): 6:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Just bundle those five ijiots to Wuham ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by solmus: 6:04am On Feb 02, 2020
Deadly joke, disruption of Hospital activities can cause death, some are on life support, others breath with oxygen.. any rowdiness or breach of peace and they could get unpluged and die

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Nobody: 6:05am On Feb 02, 2020
Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by lemon10(m): 6:05am On Feb 02, 2020
lkm
Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Oketoks(m): 6:05am On Feb 02, 2020
sad

Poor guys sad

They are tryna do probably "candid camera" or "just for laugh gags" .

Those shits don't go well here in Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Goddys(m): 6:06am On Feb 02, 2020
The fear of coronavirus is the beginning of wisdom

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by francis5051: 6:07am On Feb 02, 2020
What's dia gain now ?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by solmus: 6:07am On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:
I see no point for this arrest. Hypochondriacs are paranoid people that believe they've caught every infection under the sun. They exist everywhere in the world and they can be a tad dramatic. That shouldn't call for an arrest should it?

Breach of Peace in an hospital or any public place is a felony, for the time the prank spans for, Doctors and Nurses would initiate quarantine proceedure as stated by the National Disease Control Agencies.. this would prevent people who need the attention of doctors from getting help

Not to talk of the panic and rowdiness that can cause harm to people on life support

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:07am On Feb 02, 2020
grin
Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 02, 2020
Just because of YouTube and Instagram likes. Some people Life spam will just reduce for just this act. Nigeria where BP kill pass Coronavirus.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by buoye1(m): 6:07am On Feb 02, 2020
Just like the signature of the guy above me, " who cares ? "
Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 6:08am On Feb 02, 2020
Every thing na wayo for this country,spits sad angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by emmabest2000(m): 6:08am On Feb 02, 2020
There's no smoke without fire oooo

hope this joke will not turn around

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by simple250: 6:08am On Feb 02, 2020
Attention seeker...pls send them to China

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by golddare: 6:10am On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:

Playing pranks with what has kept the world powers on their toes?

the FCT police spokesman, DSP Anjuguri Manza said that the suspects claimed to be “playing out a script about the virus” without the knowledge or authorisation of the relevant authorities of the FCTA

Imagine such pranks at the hospital at this crucial moment, no consideration for the sick people in that hospital at all.

I hope they dont get any publicity at all while dancing to the music.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Brandonx(m): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2020
Most Nigerians are mentally ill. That's how someone sent a bathing with salt broadcast during ebola in order to cause panic and confusion.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by reccy(m): 6:11am On Feb 02, 2020
Good one from the police...... Let them find there way to prison

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Mistaicey2288: 6:15am On Feb 02, 2020
Torr! So when they said they had contacted Coronavirus, bia Police is it your contact? angry

Anyways, it's my day.. February 2nd every year speak about me. Thanks to God for the grace..

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by helinues: 6:18am On Feb 02, 2020
Imagine
Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by Offpoint: 6:19am On Feb 02, 2020
Thank God it's not Zfancy, he's the only dare Nigerian prankster I know.

MC Makapolo is good too, but dude is too agbero-ish

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Five Over Coronavirus Hoax In Abuja by jeffrey1596: 6:20am On Feb 02, 2020
dominique:
Baba calm down. They legit said its a prank not people with hypo whatever you call it.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Piles (haemorrhoids) – Basics, Symptoms And Treatment / Medical Doctor Knocked Down While Jogging In Lagos / Kidnapper Caught In Hospital (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.