Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,402 members, 7,853,782 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! (5571 Views)

Update On Constructions At ESUT College Of Medicine, Igbo-Eno / Can A Person With 261 Get Medicine And Surgery In UNN / Chinelo Okafor Receives N100,000 From AfricLearn For Making First Class In UNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by BuhariAdvocate: 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
There's a problem in this country. Sentimental Tribalism Religous bigots have reach this stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 12:02pm On Feb 02, 2020
mgbadadike:

The one in kaduna based in kaduna state.

The one of Atbu Bauchi, I don't have enough details concerning the company.
Imagine the laborers involved and the contractors for those projects were based 500 km away, relate it to this discussion. Then you will get my picture.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
There's a problem in this country. Sentimental Tribalism Religous bigots have reach this stage.
Be more specific please
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
If you are a true Buhari advocate and if Buhari is true in his fight against corruption, we should be on the same team here. Are we?
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Hisduchess(f): 1:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Being Northern is not the problem. My question is that Kano is 760.4km while Kaduna is 567.5 km from Nsukka. Do you really believe that no other Contracting and Consulting firms could have submitted a suitable tender in between those distances? Bearing in mind they are Federal projects. If you really believe so, tell me who is the bigot?

He doesn't want to face reality. Bringing a contractor from North to come to UNN with his equipments and manpower is completely a waste of resources.am sure that an Enugu contractor can be used by tetfund but because nah Northerners dey rule this country,they didn't.i can remember my days at UNN then,the chancellor was Emir of zzau zzau dunno if he is still the chancellor but that's just to tell you how Northerners are.so allow that north boy be cos he can never agree that nah them Northerners nah the bigots
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by voltron14: 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Imagine the laborers involved and the contractors for those projects were based 500 km away, relate it to this discussion. Then you will get my picture.

Just as Ifeanyi Uba has his tank farm in Lagos a place far removed from his origin.

If you dont want a northerner to work you too must not work.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by verifiablefacts: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
I was born in Plateau, have worked in Kaduna
and you couldn't see contractors from other climes carrying out jobs in those so-called Plateau and Kaduna?
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Just as Ifeanyi Uba has his tank farm in Lagos a place far removed from his origin.

If you dont want a northerner to work you too must not work.
apples to oranges, bananas to tomatoes
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mu2sa2: 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
Asquare84:

See I have done a contract in UNN before, the contract was given to me by then V.C, proff bath okolo, probably then you are not in the university, but something keep stroking my mind, I mean the keep telling me " we don't trust our people" as contractor we knew what we face in the hand of the local both our staff and the host community. Then the dual express way that link the library/girls hostel down to the new school gate is under construction, look we will wake up in the morning to site and see our work scattered by wicked host community, expensive flowers planted are uprooted and cut into pieces, i can't remember how many times our geepee tank were stolen in UNN, not talking about arm robbers that personally trailed me to my house at odenigwe to Robb me. At a point we all went to Abuja to Scott for labourer that will give us rest of mind
Breeze don blow foul yansh. I also heard of someone who had a similar experience in SS. Very backward people.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
verifiablefacts:

and you couldn't see contractors from other climes carrying out jobs in those so-called Plateau and Kaduna?
Not my point and I believe you know this.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by voltron14: 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
apples to oranges, bana as tomatoes

Of course it does now.

You would see reason to find the difference because he's your brother.

Had he been a northerner with a tank farm in the east you would have started a thread about it.

Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
mu2sa2:
Breeze don blow foul yansh. I also head of someone who had a similar experience in SS. Very backward people.
Are you saying only Northerners companies can handle construction projects in Nigeria?
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Of course it does now.

You would see reason to find the difference because he's your brother.

Had he been a northerner with a tank farm in the east you would have started a thread about it.

Hypocrite.
He is running a business, not a government project. If he is running government projects in such questionable ways, every Nigerian has the right to ask similar questions.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by voltron14: 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
He is running a business, not a government project.

And the contractor is not running a business right?

Only Igbos can run businesses abi?
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mu2sa2: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Are you saying only Northerners companies can handle construction projects in Nigeria?
The contract in question is said to have been awarded by Tetfund. Let me have the full list of all the contracts awarded by Tetfund and i will answer your question presto.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

And the contractor is not running a business right?

Only Igbos can run businesses abi?
That is your own assertion, not mine
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by voltron14: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
That is your own assertion, not mine

Your assertion is that contracts should be limited to those from a catchment and only those from there.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

Your assertion is that contracts should be limited to those from a catchment and only those from there.

Try again
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by voltron14: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Try again

There is nothing to try you bigot.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

There is nothing to try you bigot.
Thanks for coming.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by voltron14: 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
Thanks for coming.

It's a public forum.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 2:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
voltron14:

It's a public forum.
Yeah, I am thanking you on a public forum smiley
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
In the 80's, my Dad friend's firm made so much money as a contractor in Kaduna. I don't know abt now again sha.

2 Likes

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by onoja12: 1:44am On Feb 03, 2020
my friend your arguement is baseless,full of ethnic begortry.igbo people are the major contracts all over Nigeria from lagos down to sokoto,nobody has asked this stupid question you are asking in any of the remaining 31 state plus fct.you are there thinking your are brilliant when you are ignorant,the law of Nigeria says you can do business of any kind anywhere in Nigeria,it does not say in the south east alone only igbo people must get work.this is how you wicked people bring problems for your brothers in other part of the country.then turn around to blame others, una too like trouble.

mynaijaforumcom:
Being Northern is not the problem. My question is that Kano is 760.4km while Kaduna is 567.5 km from Nsukka. Do you really believe that no other Contracting and Consulting firms could have submitted a suitable tender in between those distances? Bearing in mind they are Federal projects. If you really believe so, tell me who is the bigot?
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by onoja12: 1:47am On Feb 03, 2020
another ignorant mugu,chancellors have usually been chosen from the tradtional rulers,and it is complusry atlist at the federal level that the chancellor is from a different state from the univeristy most times a different region,the obi of onitsha is a chancellor but surely your tribalistic bigotry would not allow you do research,it is simply easier to hate.
because i know you would argue i helped your lazy ass do the work
Obi of onitsha is the chancellor of ABU Zaira,in case you do not know where that is,it is the Biggest university in the north and it is in Kaduna.

Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe CFR, mni (born 14 May 1941) is a royal and the 21st Obi of Onitsha, in Anambra State, South-Eastern Nigeria.[2] He is chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University since 2015,[3] and was earlier chancellor of Kogi State University.[4] Achebe also serves as the chairman of the board of Directors of Unilever Nigeria, and the Chairman of International Breweries (ABInBev) Nigeria. Before emerging as the Obi of Onitsha, in 2002, he had a long and distinguished career in the Royal Dutch Shell Group serving as Director in various companies in the group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Achebe

Hisduchess:

He doesn't want to face reality. Bringing a contractor from North to come to UNN with his equipments and manpower is completely a waste of resources.am sure that an Enugu contractor can be used by tetfund but because nah Northerners dey rule this country,they didn't.i can remember my days at UNN then,the chancellor was Emir of zzau zzau dunno if he is still the chancellor but that's just to tell you how Northerners are.so allow that north boy be cos he can never agree that nah them Northerners nah the bigots
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by mynaijaforumcom: 5:07am On Feb 03, 2020
onoja12:
my friend your arguement is baseless,full of ethnic begortry.igbo people are the major contracts all over Nigeria from lagos down to sokoto,nobody has asked this stupid question you are asking in any of the remaining 31 state plus fct.you are there thinking your are brilliant when you are ignorant,the law of Nigeria says you can do business of any kind anywhere in Nigeria,it does not say in the south east alone only igbo people must get work.this is how you wicked people bring problems for your brothers in other part of the country.then turn around to blame others, una too like trouble.

I wish you will take the time to go through our discussion and try to refute any point you do not agree with. But then you are the kind of person who wants to justify all the unnecessary violence and things you cannot imagine visited on the Igbo people with me excercising my right as a full citizen by questioning a questionable contract.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Hisduchess(f): 5:29am On Feb 03, 2020
onoja12:
another ignorant mugu,chancellors have usually been chosen from the tradtional rulers,and it is complusry atlist at the federal level that the chancellor is from a different state from the univeristy most times a different region,the obi of onitsha is a chancellor but surely your tribalistic bigotry would not allow you do research,it is simply easier to hate.
because i know you would argue i helped your lazy ass do the work
Obi of onitsha is the chancellor of ABU Zaira,in case you do not know where that is,it is the Biggest university in the north and it is in Kaduna.

Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe CFR, mni (born 14 May 1941) is a royal and the 21st Obi of Onitsha, in Anambra State, South-Eastern Nigeria.[2] He is chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University since 2015,[3] and was earlier chancellor of Kogi State University.[4] Achebe also serves as the chairman of the board of Directors of Unilever Nigeria, and the Chairman of International Breweries (ABInBev) Nigeria. Before emerging as the Obi of Onitsha, in 2002, he had a long and distinguished career in the Royal Dutch Shell Group serving as Director in various companies in the group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Achebe

So you had to insult me to drive home your point with your grammatical and spelling errors.Do you actually have sense? Must you be violent in everything you do or say? Can't you bring forth sensible arguments without cursing. Just grow up and stop being an a*shole.you actually is the mugu and the bigot with all the sh*t you've been ranting on this thread.i would have refuted some point from your almighty Wikipedia comment but I've come to understand that you are an unintelligent fellow who is naturally violent,so let me keep my cool
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by myobjective: 6:29am On Feb 03, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:

That is the nepotism we are talking about! All those universities project you see going on are Tetfund project and the past chairman of tetfund was from Bauchi, the present on is from Gombe. 99% of the contracts are given to unqualified northern contractors.

I am a civil engineer in the know of how most of these works are given to less qualified companies all because we have an irredeemable bigot as the president. There are companies handling more 20 companies when others more qualified don't have.

It is painful to have a country structured in this manner where crude oil tax revenue from the south is used to fund northern excesses, reasons why we must restructure or divide this country.

1 Like

Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by myobjective: 6:34am On Feb 03, 2020
mu2sa2:
The contract in question is said to have been awarded by Tetfund. Let me have the full list of all the contracts awarded by Tetfund and i will answer your question presto.

Most Tetfund projects are awarded to northerners this is a fact, not because they have the capacity to do them but because of nepotism.

It is not the issue of being Igbo or Hausa it is being fair in an heterogeneous society like Nigeria. Among all the major groups in Nigeria, the north are the least qualified to handle any job if we are to go be strictly merit yet they get the best job all because we have a lopsided arrangement.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by myobjective: 6:40am On Feb 03, 2020
DrObum:
I don't understand the aim of this thread nor what you peeps are arguing about.

TETFUND awards a contract and its done. If you want to get to why TETFUND gave the contact to a northerner, get to their office and find out.

It is important to have tho type of discussion sir!
Most of the tetfund projects are just simple construction of classrooms or lecture theatres that not local contractor can handle, you don't need to bring in people from thousands of kilometres to this job.

The construction industry is dominated by the Yoruba but we are the most affected group in this Buhari administration since most work is not giving based on merit, you will need to know some people and bribe a huge sum of money to buy some of these contracts to begin with.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by wirinet(m): 6:41am On Feb 03, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:

Might be. But I cannot quite see bringing people from Kano to carry blocks as a cost saving move.
It is. When I was doing a project in ogwashi uku, I brought all my labourers from Lagos. My bricklayers were mainly Yorubas, so are my carpenters. My tilers were igbos, as well as my POP guys. The plumber was a local introduced by my client though and he did a terrible job. I had to change most of the fittings as they were fakes.

When doing a project, it is best to employ people you are familiar with, that you know their competencies. Hiring new untested hands can be risky, and besides locals are usually troublesome and lazy due to entitlement mentality. Those you import from outside has no other distractions than the job at hand, so they work harder and faster.

In addition :
Oil is being drilled in my community right now by NPDF and due to community squabbles, most of the workers employed to work in the rigs are Igbo. Boys dey vex say igbos came from East to collect jobs in warri.
Me, I no send, because most of my brothers and cousins are not ready to work.
Re: Ongoing Constructions In UNN By Northern Companies! by Mahsums: 6:45am On Feb 03, 2020
mynaijaforumcom:
While you may say that it shows national character, I did not meet a single person on the project from Engineer to labourers carrying the blocks that was not of purely Northern character. I should add that the Engineers seemed professional when I spoke to them and were willing to teach me some details of our profession.
Kindly open the link and watch the short video clip attached (tetfund boss visit to ATBU Bauchi)
Sorry for the long link i couldn't shorten it
https://m.facebook.com/J.B.Maiauduga/posts/pcb.10222067525023676/?photo_id=10222067520543564&mds=%2Fphotos%2Fviewer%2F%3Fphotoset_token%3Dpcb.10222067525023676%26photo%3D10222067520543564%26profileid%3D100007825936854%26source%3D49%26_ft_%3Dmf_story_key.10222067525023676%253Aog_action_id.10222067527663742%253Atop_level_post_id.10222067525023676%253Atl_objid.10222067525023676%253Acontent_owner_id_new.1428493447%253Athrowback_story_fbid.10222067525023676%253Aphoto_attachments_list.[10222067522143604%252C10222067520023551%252C10222067520543564%252C10222067520863572%252C10222067521103578]%253Astory_location.4%253Astory_attachment_style.album%253Athid.1428493447%253A306061129499414%253A2%253A0%253A1583049599%253A-4174975544488649012%26__tn__%3DEH-R%26cached_data%3Dfalse%26ftid%3D&mdp=1&mdf=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

34 Amazing Facts You May Not Know / Difference Between "Don't Go Anywhere" And "Don't Go Nowhere" / I Need Info On University Of Nigeria Nsukka Part Time Degree Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.