Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,197 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

Develop A Continual Conscious Awareness Of Christ’s Invisible Presence With You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Develop A Continual Conscious Awareness Of Christ’s Invisible Presence With You (148 Views)

5 Things You Should Be Conscious Of In 2023 / Develop A Continual Conscious Awareness Of Christ’s Invisible Presence With You / Lady Narrates Her Scary Experience With An Invisible Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Develop A Continual Conscious Awareness Of Christ’s Invisible Presence With You by Lovelash: 8:22am On Feb 02, 2020
One of the wonderful characters that King David the wonderful Psalmist of Israel exhibited as a believer worthy of emulation by all believers was the lifestyle of a continued awareness of the invisible presence of God with him always as revealed in some of his Psalms, actions and deeds. He knew that although God is Spirit and cannot be accessed with the physical human eyes, yet He is real and is invisibly present everywhere and His special invisible presence is with His children always. King David as an individual knew, understood, believed and grasped God’s Omnipresence (everywhere present) attribute so much that he basked in Him always. His statement in Psalm 16:4 that “I have set the Lord always before me;” revealed he deliberately and resolutely chose to be aware/conscious of the invisible presence of God roundabout him always and he developed himself greatly in it. This was why he excelled above all in knowing and understanding many attributes and characters of God as an individual as can be seen in Psalms 23, 91,139:1-18. This was why he was a man of prayer, thanksgiving and praises - always in communion with God. His living a lifestyle of a continued awareness of the presence of God was the reason why he was optimistic amid discouragements, patient amid tribulation, brave amid danger, and calm amid strife always praising and thanking God. Check out these few statement of his;

"I have set the Lord always before me,
Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices:
My flesh also shall rest in hope.
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell;
Neither wilt thou suffer thine holy one to see corruption;
Thou will show me the part of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy;
At thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore,"
Psalm 16:8-11.

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me;…” Psalm 23:4

Moses must have noticed the great difference between his early 80 years life’s journey experiences without the conscious awareness of God’s presence both as a prince at Pharaoh’s palace in Egypt and in the land of Midan and the short period of his life’s journey experiences in the conscious awareness of God’s presence from his burning bush experience till the Israelite left Egypt and camped before Mount Sinai for him to tell God that, “if your presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” Exodus 33:15.

Conscious awareness of God’s presence with one is comforting and reassuring. God’s presence was surely with them throughout their forty years journey in the wilderness and beyond. God’s pillar of cloud during the day time and the pillar of fire at night never left its place at the back and front of God’s people throughout their 40 years journey in the wilderness, Exodus 13:21-22.
This unchanging faithful and reliable God of Israel who kept His promise to be with His chosen people Israel and also gave a Savior to the world from among them has through Jesus Christ the Savior promised His chosen ones under His New Covenant saying, “Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of days.” Matthew 28:20. By this promise the invisible presence of our ever-living, ever-loving and everlasting Savior Jesus Christ is assured to be with us everywhere, at all times, day and night, year-in, year-out and in all situations and circumstances. This implies Jesus Christ is invisibly present all around us outwardly and inwardly - indwelling us by His Holy Spirit.

With this promise, the invisible presence of our Lord Jesus Christ is meant to be real to us everywhere and at all times. This implies we are to carry the continual awareness of our Lord’s invisible presence in our consciousness everywhere and at all times.

This reminder of this great promise is of great importance to the Christian believers now more than ever before because of the times we are in and the situations of things in the world full of so many unforeseen situations and terrible happenings such joblessness, failures, hardship, persecutions, disappointment, temptations and trials, illness, losses, delayed blessings among other life challenges which are capable of making us to doubt the reality of His presence with us always as promised.

Among the things we must endeavor to do this year is to make a deliberate effort to develop the continual conscious awareness of Christ invisible presence with us because according to J. Sidlow Baxter “when we lack the consciousness of His presence we are easily disturbed, disheartened, nervous, ruffled, impatient, and wrongly self-assertive;”

HOW THIS MAY BE DEVELOPED:
1) If you are not yet a born again Christian, you must become born again by:
a) Admitting you are a sinner, Romans 3:23; 6:23.
b) Repent of all sins. Acts 3:19. 1 John 1:9
c) Believe that God loves you and that Jesus His only Son died for you. Romans 5:8.acts 10;40&43
d) Invite Jesus into your heart Revelations 3;20
2) Totally surrender everything to Him and allow the Holy Spirit to be in total control of your life.

3) Spend time alone with Jesus in prayers and studying His Holy Scripture on regular basis.
a) Live in the consciousness of Jesus’s invisible presence with you always.
b) Learn to say it loud and clear to yourself as our Lord Jesus did saying, “…I am not alone, because the father is with me,” John 16:32.

Jesus Christ would want each of us to be mindful of these precious words always, “LO, I AM WITH YOU ALWAYS, EVEN TO THE END OF DAYS,” Matthew 28:20.

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I.

www.lovelashblog.com

(1) (Reply)

Light Of The World / Prayer In Faith Through Jesus Christ Crucified / Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.