Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,375 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) (65909 Views)

Trailer On Fire On River Niger Bridge, Onitsha (Photos) / Snake Killed Inside 'Goodness & Mercy' Bus Going To Onitsha (Photos) / Ghastly Motor Accident At Army Gate Onitsha - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:

Other popular Hausa settlements those days in Onitsha includes Adophy, Uga and Barracks streets. Almost all the houses in Adophy then were owned by northerners. However, I think Umuahia boasts of the oldest Hausa settlement in the whole of the old eastern region.
You are very correct. My great grand father was a tailor on Haruna street. There were a handful of Yorubas there too. They specialized mainly in embroidered African clothes. Life was peaceful, funful n exciting until the war came n my family relocated to Lagos. Then the military came n Onitsha turned to something else.

I was told that our family house used to be on Miss Elems Fegge( what the Onitsha ppl calls "Misaelemss" with a stretch of the "s"wink. I think from Miss Elems you get to Zik's Avenue ( I might be wrong).

2 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by ostarlink: 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Las las na the northerners dey spoil the roads in the east and later the federal government will be seeing it as a favour to award contracts for road construction in the east. I wish the federal government get sense Nigeria for don better.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 11:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
Mescana22:

You are a big slowpoke, i was born and raised in Kano, Sabon gari and now my uncle has about 4 houses even in Bompai and Air force Base, we have since 1994 have Hausa Men serving us, they follow us to village in Aguata ever Christmas, they are part of the family, they love us, we love them and there families, The way Igbos live peacefully and do business in Kano ehn, makes me wonder why IPOB and cohorts come from, IN fegge Local government of Kano, all elected house member and ward leaders are all Igbos, For Bleep sake we can live in Peace in this country, when some hates men like you will realize that not all Hausa' are evil, The only problem we have is Politicians who divide us, not even religion but politicians, If this country can be restructured ehn, We will be proud of it.
Thank you for such a rich history of your family. Thank you very much.
I was born n raised in Lagos. I see life differently from the average Igbo born n raised in the east who have never experienced life outside of the east.
Am not talking of igbos who grew up in the east but go to other regions for business. I am talking of igbos who have lived in other regions more than they have lived in the east. Our lives n way of thinking are different.

3 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by steppin: 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2020
jimyjames:

Don't derail this wonderful thread out of jealousy my friend go to church if you are a Yoruba christian

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Ty440: 11:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
Op give us update on the 2nd Niger bridge.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Brits named them _Burma,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Myanmar!

Brits named them _Upper Volta,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Burkina Faso,_ which means Land of Incorruptible People!

Brits named them _Gold Coast_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Ghana!_

Brits named them _Southern Rhodesia_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zimbabwe!_

Brits named them _Northern Rhodesia,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zambia!_

Brits named them _Tanganyika_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Tanzania!_

Germans named them _colony of South West Africa,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Namibia!_

France named them _Dahomey_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Benin!_

Belgium named them _Zaire_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _DRC_ or _Democratic Republic of Congo!_

And the list goes on and on and on.....!

But Brits named a bunch of people _Nigeria_ and _they will rather kill to preserve it than restructure and give them selves a befitting name

"It is only an animal that bears the name that is given to it by his enemy___ _Igbo Proverb_
All those countries are hopeless now I hope you know that only Zambia manage self. South Africa kept it's name and it is one of the greatest countries in Africa. Name is not the problem for bleeps sakes we should find the problems and solve it. Instead of talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by steppin: 12:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Sonnyboom:
Very important after the most important which is Lagos. I wonder why the owner of the most important state ain't beating their chest like you runners up which is even debatable.

Your tribe should lower it pride, the level of your insignicancy was established after the war. The noise you make is only for your gullible tribesmen so make we hear word.

The only state in your region that can challenge them is a no man's land(Lagos)
All the ethnic groups in Nigeria live there, so it shouldn't be counted.
Onitsha clearly has 95% of Igbos and 5% of other ethnic groups.
So, its you who should stop acting like a peacock.

2 Likes

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by ibinaboonline: 12:59am On Feb 03, 2020
Well, I want to ask all those that rejected and renamed: how market?
Ifesinachi22:

Brits named them _Burma,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Myanmar!

Brits named them _Upper Volta,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Burkina Faso,_ which means Land of Incorruptible People!

Brits named them _Gold Coast_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Ghana!_

Brits named them _Southern Rhodesia_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zimbabwe!_

Brits named them _Northern Rhodesia,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Zambia!_

Brits named them _Tanganyika_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Tanzania!_

Germans named them _colony of South West Africa,_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Namibia!_

France named them _Dahomey_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _Benin!_

Belgium named them _Zaire_ they rejected it, restructured and renamed themselves _DRC_ or _Democratic Republic of Congo!_

But Brits named a bunch of people _Nigeria_ and _they will rather kill to preserve it than restructure and give them selves a befitting name

"It is only an animal that bears the name that is given to it by his enemy___ _Igbo Proverb_
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by CanadaOrBust: 1:23am On Feb 03, 2020
majamajic:

What's the name of your state , let's compare the roads with Anambra roads , don't run oo

Kano
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Scottallen: 3:01am On Feb 03, 2020
Anambralstson:
Yesterday I decided to go for inspection visit on second niger bridge site, I went through harbour industrial estate Onitsha. It's one of the the major industrial estates in Anambra State. Previously I do visit the industrial estate on Sundays, the second niger bridge site is not far from the estate.

I went yesterday being Saturday, I was marvelled by the number of trucks most especially from the north with raw materials to sale to the industries. They all line-up both sides of the roads. I decided to make enquiry from one of the the locals I saw, he told me that's how they come everyday except Sunday, that after selling the raw materials they load finished products and other goods from Onitsha markets back to north, I was so excited.

No man is an island, only if we learn how to do things right in Nigeria, providing basic infrastructures doesn't benefit only the indigenous people other Nigerians residing or that comes for business also benefit from those infrastructures. Pictures below

This is well known to us who were brought up in 046. I rep Osha everytime

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Area4Area: 3:52am On Feb 03, 2020
Mescana22:

You are a big slowpoke, i was born and raised in Kano, Sabon gari and now my uncle has about 4 houses even in Bompai and Air force Base, we have since 1994 have Hausa Men serving us, they follow us to village in Aguata ever Christmas, they are part of the family, they love us, we love them and there families, The way Igbos live peacefully and do business in Kano ehn, makes me wonder why IPOB and cohorts come from, IN fegge Local government of Kano, all elected house member and ward leaders are all Igbos, For Bleep sake we can live in Peace in this country, when some hates men like you will realize that not all Hausa' are evil, The only problem we have is Politicians who divide us, not even religion but politicians, If this country can be restructured ehn, We will be proud of it.
God bless your soul, let those evil minded brainwashed eediots be please
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Area4Area: 4:03am On Feb 03, 2020
mamatwiny:

Not any more. If you visit main market, you will weep for the traders. Nothing is happening there since the border was closed. Remember most of the customers come from other African countries. The traders beg you to buy from them so that they can eat. A lot of shops are empty, while the goods in the open shops are not up to 1/10 stockef as it was b4. Lagos line that you have to push ppl to pass is just too empty.
Lots of the young traders have permanently relocated to China to tie goods for buyers that come to Chinese MKT and also act as agents ( oso afia) to ppl that don't know the market well. They earn commission from the sellers and tips from the buyers.
Congratulations, same main market we all know or another?
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Area4Area: 4:24am On Feb 03, 2020
enemybulldozer:
Don't answer my question with question. What was the name we bear before that thief came?? Since you believe biafra is not our original name.
So you agree Biafra is a fake and useless name you're trying to adopt from the Portuguese?
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by GermanMelania: 4:38am On Feb 03, 2020
Conner44:
So you’re happy that trucks bring goods from the north to anambra and take goods back to the north from anambra? Something that has been happening since time immemorial undecided
He wants us to know 1 Nigeria is working.

He wants to ignore the thousands slaughtered for free trucking and free grazing
See how the northerners even respect Christians. They observe the Sabbath and don't come on sundays. They also return back to the north. They only want to sell their wares.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by enemybulldozer(m): 5:40am On Feb 03, 2020
Area4Area:
So you agree Biafra is a fake and useless name you're trying to adopt from the Portuguese?
Still beating about the bush as usual. You always accuse me of not countering facts with fact. Now look at you doing exactly what you always accuse me of.

I will ask you again, what was the name we bear before the emergence of the Portuguese??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by enemybulldozer(m): 5:47am On Feb 03, 2020
Area4Area:
God bless your soul, let those evil minded brainwashed eediots be please
The truth is that you and your likes are the brainwashed here.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by majamajic(m): 5:49am On Feb 03, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Kano

The road network of Anambra is far better than Kano , ask anyone, not about Kano main city compare as in a whole both the rural areas ,
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Sonnyboom: 5:52am On Feb 03, 2020
Are we referencing the shitbole Abia n Ebonyi as well ?! The delusion with which you inherited the foolishness passed down from your generation need forensic audit. Do you have any idea how many tones of Anambra indigens escape that shitbole daily in Ekenedili chukwu busses to HINTERLAND in Yorubaland n not just Lagos to save themselves any dignity of existence ?

steppin:

The only state in your region that can challenge them is a no man's land(Lagos)
All the ethnic groups in Nigeria live there, so it shouldn't be counted.
Onitsha clearly has 95% of Igbos and 5% of other ethnic groups.
So, its you who should stop acting like a peacock.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by cardoctor(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

What an amazing fact.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by sunnyprof: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

that is a wonderful reasoning ....... and it can help somehow: the power of words
but still all those Countries remain lilliputian, little repute and molded in the limit of their local vision at renaming ....... Nigeria is far more popular still!!

it a bag of mixed fruits ...... may god guide us

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by pwettyJasmine(f): 9:58am On Feb 03, 2020
Can you pls give the name of this company and where its located. It might be of help to some of us here hussling to make ends meet.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by JKisOK(m): 10:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Great road layout. Whoever constructed those roads deserves to be President. He had his eyes on the future and built wide roads capable of bearing the weight of heavy duty vehicles.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by steppin: 10:29am On Feb 03, 2020
Sonnyboom:
Are we referencing the shitbole Abia n Ebonyi as well ?! The delusion with which you inherited the foolishness passed down from your generation need forensic audit. Do you have any idea how many tones of Anambra indigens escape that shitbole daily in Ekenedili chukwu busses to HINTERLAND in Yorubaland n not just Lagos to save themselves any dignity of existence ?

Written like the kid you are.
You bore me.
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by luluosas(m): 10:38am On Feb 03, 2020
Your destination was River Niger 2nd Bridge. Did get there?
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by delawal: 11:43am On Feb 03, 2020
mamatwiny:

Not any more. If you visit main market, you will weep for the traders. Nothing is happening there since the border was closed. Remember most of the customers come from other African countries. The traders beg you to buy from them so that they can eat. A lot of shops are empty, while the goods in the open shops are not up to 1/10 stockef as it was b4. Lagos line that you have to push ppl to pass is just too empty.
Lots of the young traders have permanently relocated to China to tie goods for buyers that come to Chinese MKT and also act as agents ( oso afia) to ppl that don't know the market well. They earn commission from the sellers and tips from the buyers.
where did u get this info. boys in main market dey buy new motor dey build houses daily. where did u see d people begging u for chop money . how many people from African countries dey come initsa market before. does border closure affect goods going out of naija abi d ones coming in. how old are u?
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by humblemikel(f): 11:54am On Feb 03, 2020
majamajic:
Onitsha is very good in business

Am so humbled seeing pictures from Anambra , the peaceful atmosphere of the state , the neatness ! The road conditions

You mean Onitsha the dent of thieves
Mtchewwww
Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by majamajic(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2020
humblemikel:

You mean Onitsha the dent of thieves
Mtchewwww
Yeye dey smell

Na your state people dey come thief for onitsha
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 1:25pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ifesinachi22:

Even the Brits who brought about the Nigerian amalgamation have pulled out of the EU, it is inconceivable why this contraption called Nigeria still exists...
Well said!
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by delawal: 3:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
jimyjames:
If business is bad business is bad but it doesn't change the fact that Onitsha is the biggest market in west Africa

don't mind them

1 Like

Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Simi8(m): 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
obiekunie2:

stop the stupid propaganda!

the average northerner hates the igbo man with everything in him - thats why any slightest opportunity he will use it to attack and kill him!

tell me - how many times have you heard an igbo man attacked any of the numerous northern brothers of your residing in the east!

we know you are an aboki that grew up in igbo land i will advise you to go to your northern brothers and preach them to understand that the average igbo man doesnt hate them nor have time to hate anybody at that - we are just after our peaceful survival!

Shut up...all this Igbo's sef u guys r d real problem..all what u guys just care about is Biafra..
D truth is no man is an island..
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by Kingrexyl(m): 8:28am On Feb 04, 2020
Pruwa:
THE ROADS ARE VERY NEAT NICE ONE OP
Bang bang
Re: North And East: My Experience Yesterday In Onitsha (Photos) by bigcasava1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2020
wman:

Who cares?

Dumbass
go suck ur mama! Blood Clark jackass!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Abramovich’s ₦181b Eclipse Yacht With Helipads,Sub & Missile Defence Syst / The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.