Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,816 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. (3679 Views)

Twitter Ban: American Social Commentator Questions Twitter / Atiku Reacts To US Travel Ban Against Nigeria / TRAVEL BAN: Dasuki, Badeh, Daniel, Amosu, Yuguda, 45 Others Top Travel Ban List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 02, 2020
So i was surfing the web for some medical articles for my research, and i bumped into American Thoracic Society Journal. Guess what i saw?
Nigerians? Who did we offend?

I weep. cry

1 Share

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Madlov3: 9:07am On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:
So i was surfing the web for some medical articles for my research, and i bumped into American Thoracic Society Journal. Guess what i saw?

I weep. cry
some websites are like this. They can only be accessed from the US. Even if you’re from UK, you cant access it

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by majamajic(m): 9:09am On Feb 02, 2020
Till we stop killings in the north , especially Christians

5 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 02, 2020
Madlov3:
some websites are like this. They can only be accessed from the US. Even if you’re from UK, you cant access it
I know! But this particular website wasn't having this restriction before now..which means it has something to do with the recent ban.

2 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by madridguy(m): 9:15am On Feb 02, 2020
grin angry
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 9:28am On Feb 02, 2020
majamajic:
Dey deceive yourself.If you like kill off half your population, America doesn't give a damn.South Africa's murder rate is four times that of Nigeria yet they have never been considered for a visa restriction.They need to know the sort of persons who wants to reside in their country.What the US wants is for Nigeria to have a reliable and functioning database to track people's criminal records.SA has that,we don't.

18 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Blackeuropean: 9:28am On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

I weep. cry

This has nothing to do with the ban.

3 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by rottennaija(m): 10:07am On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

I weep. cry

Use vpn to access the damn content

5 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by rottennaija(m): 10:10am On Feb 02, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Dey deceive yourself.If you like kill off half your population, America doesn't give a damn.South Africa's murder rate is four times that of Nigeria yet they have never been considered for a visa restriction.What the US wants is for Nigeria to have a reliable and functioning database to track people's criminal records.

That's is the official story, but has more to do with Nigeria China, Nigeria Russia relationship.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Okoroawusa: 10:18am On Feb 02, 2020
Na wa for children of nowadays
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 02, 2020
rottennaija:

Use vpn to access the damn content

You're not getting the point
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by ahiboilandgas: 11:09am On Feb 02, 2020
majamajic:
or stop yahoo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by rottennaija(m): 11:45am On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

I did and I am not talking about the point.

4 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by billante(m): 11:53am On Feb 02, 2020
The reason is clearly stated there why you couldn't access the site at that point in time and you jumped to conclusion on what you believe.

What if you access the site by tomorrow and you have access what will you now tell us??

3 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Dey deceive yourself.If you like kill off half your population, America doesn't give a damn.South Africa's murder rate is four times that of Nigeria yet they have never been considered for a visa restriction.What the US wants is for Nigeria to have a reliable and functioning database to track people's criminal records.SA has that,we don't.

If so, i blame the media for always putting bad news out there
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by tsdarkside(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

use vpn and stop makin senseless noises....

wow,the world is gonna end because amelika dont allow you in their house no more....

come to think of it....!!
that land is not even theirs sef....!!

be happy they dont want you....bunch of murderers.... angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by saaron(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2020
Nigeria now a PARIAH COUNTRY thanks to buhari's fulani miyeti allah led regime. Nigeria is finished!
Time for all regions to exit Nigeria.
One Nigeria is dead!
#BuhariMustResign

3 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Jakumo(m): 2:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

I weep. cry

Due at least in part to the online activities of Nigeria's ever busy advance fee fraud practitioners, Nigerian IP addresses have been banned for many years by numerous websites, ranging from Auto Trader, to Yahoo News video feeds, to several aviation themed forums, and even including Google Earth, whose crystal-clear, high resolution street-level images of Nigerian cities and towns, are selectively replaced by a blurry green and brown screen, for all viewers logging in from Nigerian IP addresses that are so often now automatically consigned to the Internet's ghetto.

Similarly, anyone who resides in the EU or USA, and utilizes PayPal for online transactions, should know that their PayPal account will be closed and deleted, if they EVER try and log into their PayPal account while on a visit to Nigeria. If PayPal finds you GUILTY of having attempted to access their system from Nigerian soil, your name will be BLACKLISTED for the rest of all time, or until hell freezes over, whichever comes later, during which time your every application to reopen a PayPal account, will be summarily DENIED with extreme prejudice. Anyone who wishes to test this policy will find out that every foregoing word typed in this paragraph, is 100% true.

The upshot is that browsing the internet while using a Nigerian IP address is , analogous to traveling beyond Africa with a Nigerian passport in that, the number of destinations accessible is drastically and purposefully curtailed, for all whose foreheads are marked with the scarlet writing of Nigerian IP addresses, and Nigerian passports.

My advice therefore, to all Pellow Kwantirimen of the Nigerian persuasion, would be to seek Ghanaian citizenship as a matter of paramount priority, before Ghanaian authorities notice the rush of new citizenship applications from Nigeria, and then apply restrictions to curtail the hordes. As a proud Ghanaian citizen, former Nigerians can travel the world as welcome ambassadors of Africa, with all rights and privileges implied.

2 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by NGpatriot: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
Your caption gave you the reasons why you were blocked, but your ignorant and unpatriotic mentality linked it to Visa ban.

How sad.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by JevonAir: 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Your caption gave you the reasons why you were blocked, but your ignorant and unpatriotic mentality linked it to Visa ban.

How sad.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by fireback: 2:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Dey deceive yourself.If you like kill off half your population, America doesn't give a damn.South Africa's murder rate is four times that of Nigeria yet they have never been considered for a visa restriction.What the US wants is for Nigeria to have a reliable and functioning database to track people's criminal records.SA has that,we don't.
how will Nigeria have a reliable and functioning database to track people's criminal records when the president is giving visa free for all terrorists in the world to come into Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by verifiablefacts: 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

I know! But this particular website wasn't having this restriction before now..which means it has something to do with the recent ban.
go on keep on concluding and reject reasons.
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by abumeinben(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
NewBea:

I weep. cry

This is really bad.... really bad.

1 Like

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
Jakumo:

Due at least in part to the online activities of Nigeria's ever busy advance fee fraud practitioners, Nigerian IP addresses have been banned for many years by numerous websites, ranging from Auto Trader, to Yahoo News video feeds, to several aviation themed forums, and even including Google Earth, whose crystal-clear, high resolution street-level images of Nigerian cities and towns, are selectively replaced by a blurry green and brown screen, for all viewers logging in from Nigerian IP addresses that are so often now automatically consigned to the Internet's ghetto.

Similarly, anyone who resides in the EU or USA, and utilizes PayPal for online transactions, should know that their PayPal account will be closed and deleted, if they EVER try and log into their PayPal account while on a visit to Nigeria. If PayPal finds you GUILTY of having attempted to access their system from Nigerian soil, your name will be BLACKLISTED for the rest of all time, or until hell freezes over, whichever comes later, during which time your every application to reopen a PayPal account, will be summarily DENIED with extreme prejudice. Anyone who wishes to test this policy will find out that every foregoing word typed in this paragraph, is 100% true.

The upshot is that browsing the internet while using a Nigerian IP address is , analogous to traveling beyond Africa with a Nigerian passport in that, the number of destinations accessible is drastically and purposefully curtailed, for all whose foreheads are marked with the scarlet writing of Nigerian IP addresses, and Nigerian passports.

My advice therefore, to all Pellow Kwantirimen of the Nigerian persuasion, would be to seek Ghanaian citizenship as a matter of paramount priority, before Ghanaian authorities notice the rush of new citizenship applications from Nigeria, and then apply restrictions to curtail the hordes. As a proud Ghanaian citizen, former Nigerians can travel the world as welcome ambassadors of Africa, with all rights and privileges implied.

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by psychalade: 4:38pm On Feb 02, 2020
grin

rottennaija:

I did and I am not talking about the point.
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by NinjaMetahuman: 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
While some sites do restrict people living outside us from visiting them or using their service, but OP is a complete ediot.

A spam robot blocked his ip cos he has probably been spamming the site clicks, the ediot linked it to visa ban.

1 Like

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Madlov3: 10:08am On Feb 03, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
While some sites do restrict people living outside us from visiting them or using their service, but OP is a complete ediot.

A spam robot blocked his ip cos he has probably been spamming the site clicks, the ediot linked it to visa ban.
lol! The op is a big fat HE-Diot
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by BabaRamota1980: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2020
NewBea:

The ban has not gone into effect.

And even when it does commercial activites are not restricted.
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by 2eggs1goal: 3:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Even as an educated person you can’t comprehend.. the reason for ur blockage is written..

FYI
Hope you know that date of the visa restrictions

2 Likes

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by tribalistseun: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
NewBea:

I weep. cry
stop spreading falsehood before devil take your life. the so-called website is still opening in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by ezugegere(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
BeLookingIDIOT:

Dey deceive yourself.If you like kill off half your population, America doesn't give a damn.South Africa's murder rate is four times that of Nigeria yet they have never been considered for a visa restriction.They need to know the sort of persons who wants to reside in their country.What the US wants is for Nigeria to have a reliable and functioning database to track people's criminal records.SA has that,we don't.

The violence in SA is not tied to religious
Re: Us Travel Ban: American Websites Have Started Banning Nigerian Ip Addresses. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
tribalistseun:
stop spreading falsehood before devil take your life. the so-called website is still opening in Nigeria

Dude stfu! Unless if you're the devil that will take over my life. Keep moving if your brain is empty. No need to comment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burj Khalifah, World Tallest Building Celebrates Nigeria At 60 / The North Have A Lot To Gain From Nigerian Breakup[photos ] / Between My Humble Self And Emeka Ihedioha Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.