Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today (44975 Views)

Tough And Controversial Issues In Christianity / Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria / Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by ABCthings: 10:52am On Feb 02, 2020
Which Anglican Church support gay?
The Church of Nigeria is vehemently against it.
Gay is sin no argument on that.

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by kunleweb: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2020
Why must we keep have controversies when it comes to Christian issues but Muslim threads on Friday are all pro-pristine threads. Nairaland and it's hatred for Christianity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by BeerParlour: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2020
The church should be discussing how to defend themselves from Islamic jihadists.

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by AreaFada2: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2020
elasticlala:
U didn't mention tithe & u are saying 8 most bla bla bla?
He doesn't want to offend MoGs and their sheeple.

Take tithes and quest for money out of Pentecostal churches and 90% would be gone.

8 Likes

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by kunleweb: 10:55am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

The Bible clearly said divorce is not allowed unless in the case of Adultery,

So even if my husband beats me, drinks and smokes.. I should still be with him

The Bible doesn't say divorce isn't allowed except in cases of idolatry
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by sanmtiago(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

your last statement is it a question or the ideal thing to do?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by babyfaceafrica: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2020
sanmtiago:
your last statement is it a question or the ideal thing to do?
question?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Raalsalghul: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2020
Tithing nko? undecided
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by babyfaceafrica: 10:57am On Feb 02, 2020
kunleweb:

The Bible doesn't say divorce isn't allowed except in cases of idolatry
lolz
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Ramos16(m): 10:57am On Feb 02, 2020
Oluromantic:
That abortion is really an issue. We know God doesn't approve it but what does one do when the pregnancy is a threat to the carriers life or it's a product of incest/bestiality or violation/rape that comes with psychic trauma at the site of the child.

I know a church(name withheld) that says wearing tight(female underwear in place of pant) is a sin. That anything that looks like knicker or trouser whether in or out is sinful for a woman to wear.

Another issue is sex. Dag heaward-mills(a pastor) said in one of his books that it's not sinful for couples to engage in orall sex. But many other pastors condemn it

Another issue is divorce. A particular popular church in Nigeria with its head pastor now a divorcee is said to have the highest record of divorce within its members among xtain organizations in Nigeria. In d Western world, it's even a normal routine even among xtains. Which does one believe?

When did God tell you abortion is a sin
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by etrange: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2020
Fortissimo502:
None of these issues would be controversial if we actually read and understand the bible.

Bro, it is not that simple. If it were, we wouldn't be here. You don't know the bible more than the spiritual leaders of these churches. What you term as understanding the bible might differ from mine cause no two persons reason alike. Again, bible stance may be clear but difficult, if not impossible, to relate to the reality on ground.

Elijah interfered in politics but today, spiritual leaders are criticised by some for having a say in politics while others call them out for keeping mute.

Women were asked to keep mute in the bible. I'm sorry but making a fellow human being a second class citizen based on gender is very inhumane. Today, we have female pastors who are doing just fine.

According to the bible, Sodom was destroyed for many sins including homosexuality. We know that sexuality is not a switch you turn anyway you want. Some people are born gay and criminalizing them based on that is unfair. Besides, why haven't we criminalized other sins that made Sodom to be destroyed?

Abortion is regarded as murder by many churches but for some, it's really nothing more than wiping away spermatozoa after making love and that, to a great extent, is logical.

No matter how we try to water it down; truth is, the whole thing is just complex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Onlineclothing(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2020
Good news pant trousers for male and white shirt Charles tyrwhitt Tm Lewin etc designer in wholesale and retail purchase.The brands are top Europe designers.Any colour kindly dm. By clicking my profile to get my whatapps contact Customers outside lagos will pay a token for delivery.
Pant trousers 1500
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by sanmtiago(m): 11:00am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
question?
the answer is don’t stay with him cause your life is much more important!
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

If you like add to the Bible na you know, sha read revelations chapter 22 vs 18 and 19 before you do.

They will tell you to seek Spiritual guidance before marriage you’ll be looking at his bank account , his big sized diçk will not let you do the needful why won’t he beat you.

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by babyfaceafrica: 11:02am On Feb 02, 2020
sanmtiago:
the answer is don’t stay with him cause your life is much more important!

And go against the bible?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by babyfaceafrica: 11:03am On Feb 02, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

If you like add to the Bible na you know, sha read revelations chapter 22 vs 18 and 19 before you do.

They will tell you to seek Spiritual guidance before marriage you’ll be looking at his bank account , his big sized diçk will not let you do the needful why won’t he beat you.

You are going out of point.. Good day
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

You are going out of point.. Good day
Cos I’m not telling you what you want and like to hear like your fake MOG.

Me no need your offering na, I’ve got nothing to lose.

Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Lamanii22(f): 11:06am On Feb 02, 2020
elasticlala:

Yes oo.. Tithe is really an issue... In the real sense giving of tithe isn't for us.... It's not compulsory... But it's good to give to the lord... We give because we have been blessed by him.. We don't give to be blessed or get blessings....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by kayuseful: 11:09am On Feb 02, 2020
kunleweb:
Why must we keep have controversies when it comes to Christian issues but Muslim threads on Friday are all pro-pristine threads. Nairaland and it's hatred for Christianity

I was about to say something like this, but blame the op and not NL for having something like this on FP.
Except the OP is an atheist or Muslim, why on earth would you come online to post "8 most controversial issues"? Does this edify the body?
Now that it has been posted, have the issues been solved?

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by genii96(m): 11:09am On Feb 02, 2020
There is no controversy to anyone who follows the Bible, only to those who wish the interprete the Bible only to their benefit

2 Likes

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by gentlegenius(m): 11:09am On Feb 02, 2020
elasticlala:
The OP is just doing copy and paste, but he must be high on some hard substance for him not to know that TITHING is the most controversial issue among Churches today.

2 Likes

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by sanmtiago(m): 11:12am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

And go against the bible?
you’re not going against the Bible. You’re doing the right thing which is logical. If your husband beats you to stupor incessantly it’s domestic violence and in saner climes individuals often file for a divorce when there’s no sign of change from their significant order. Life is much more important and that’s what you need to know. You don’t have to die because someone failed to control their own demons. Please be realistic and guided!

2 Likes

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Mrbenny001: 11:12am On Feb 02, 2020
Thou shall not kill
Ramos16:

When did God tell you abortion is a sin

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by kunleweb: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2020
kayuseful:

I was about to say something like this, but blame the op and not NL for having something like this on FP.
Except the OP is an atheist or Muslim, why on earth would you come online to post "8 most controversial issues"? Does this edify the body?
Now that it has been posted, have the issues been solved?

They are athiests. All the mods on this site have the same bias against Chrisitianity
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 02, 2020
Please my good friends, if you can remember all my cry and begging here every day. Since I'm good with computer someone suggested I should go and join one computer training class coming up in a few days from now. He promised to pay the fee for me which is #15,000 but right now my biggest problem is a laptop. And he said I should make sure I go with a good high-speed laptop for the training (required). I asked about the training and so many people advised that once I'm done with it that I could be writing both CVs creating websites, Internet security and mobile apps, and other things and they said stuff pays a lot. And here is the message from the class this evening **Training for Cyber Security, Website & Mobile App design. Date: February: 10 to 12 for Weekday 15 & 16 For Weekend. Venue: Onatrix Garden, Zone 5, From Berger get to Sky Memorial. For transfer: 03644**** - GTB - #15,000 - We advise you make Payment now, chat on Whatsapp with transfer evidence to get theory material to study** if you are in Abuja you should know about Brekete Family, that is where the training is taking place. Please I beg of anyone to please help me with a laptop please, my good friends, please. You can check my other post if you have forgotten about my cries and begging about my kids here. Please I really need this. God bless you as you assist Amen.

ALL THE DONATION MADE FOR MY DAUGHTER IS YET TO BE CREDITED BY GOFUNDME AND I CAN NOT SIT ONE PLACE AND BE LOOKING I NEED TO DO SOMETHING ���

My number is +234 807 075 1915 both on WhatsApp please help
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by bhest(m): 11:13am On Feb 02, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Your bible answers all these questions but since you choose to believe men instead of reading your bible you’ll be forming confused.

God destroyed a city cos of Sodomy

Some of these issues can’t be debated cos they were unambiguously sorted in the Bible.
Destroyed a whole city then blame it on sodomy? And that make sense to you? The question you should ask is why create em when you foreseen the mess they would be or perhaps they are created to be slaughtered. Common sense doesn't make most of this biblical stories make sense to me anymore.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by africanusvu(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2020
Op you ar confused.the most controversial issues in today's church is TITHE AND FAKE MIRACLES"not any of these u wrote.these ones u mentioned ar societal issues not religious
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by babyfaceafrica: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2020
sanmtiago:
you’re not going against the Bible. You’re doing the right thing which is logical. If your husband beats you to stupor incessantly it’s domestic violence and in saner climes individuals often file for a divorce when there’s no sign of change from their significant order. Life is much more important and that’s what you need to know. You don’t have to die because someone failed to control their own demons. Please be realistic and guided!

2 Likes

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by BreconHills(m): 11:17am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Easier said than done.. Reading and interpretation are different please and some Bible Versions are very open to various interpretation

Please give one or two examples with the relevant chapter and verse? You can quote from versions you think are in conflict
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Cleffunual: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2020
What about masturbation undecided
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by yemififi: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2020
Most churches today have become branches of Hell fire. An example is Anti-Christ Embassy headed by Oyakhilome where masturbation is allowed despite its side effect health wise and spiritually.

Other Antichrist churches include Omega Fire (Pastor Suleiman) KiCC, Rhema, COZA, the list is endless. The church now allows what the secular world disallowed decades ago.

It is now normal to see a pastor sleeping with members wives and an overbleached pastors wife.
Things have really fallen apart.....

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by kenny714433(m): 11:18am On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmm
Thank God I'm a Catholic. Catholics view about those things you just wrote.

Gay marriage. The church has never been in support and will not be in support anytime soon.

Abortion. The children considers the sin as mortal sin and anyone who comits such should go for confession because God forgives all sins.

Women as leaders. The Rev. Sisters have their special role in administration in institutions whereas the Priest heads the church.

Worship songs. One thing I love about my parish is maintaining the tradition of using soul lifting hymns, traditional Catholics tunes not any contemporary noises we hear now. Although they introduce contemporaries but not frequently.

Alcohol. It's no sin to drink but drinking to stupor is not advisable.

Baptism. We baptize kids because they too share in the original sin of our first father Adam. It's advisable that the godparents of such kids should bring up those kids in the way of the Lord.

Speaking in tongues. The church doesn't emphasize in this modern day hypocrisy. The Pentecostal churches doesn't even know the reason the Apostles spoke in tongues and that it's not just rubbish they were spewing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / The EXPERIENCE 2019 (Live Updates) / Osibanjo And Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Holy Ghost Service Today(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.