Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today (44922 Views)

Tough And Controversial Issues In Christianity / Bishop Oyedepo: Why I Never Had Sleepless Night Despite Issues In Nigeria / Another COZA Video Released Ahead Of Program After Controversial Davido Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Wyzzhi22: 11:25am On Feb 02, 2020
Vacancy vacancy for female artiste only... Yemi Alade currently needs two female singers to sign.. Get the full gist below

https://abegabeg.com/yemi-alade-is-in-search-for-two-female-artiste-to-sign/
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by SireJacobs1(m): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2020
TechCapon:
grin

Let me address the issues one by one.

GAY MARRIAGE : God punish LGBT people. You're not welcome in the church because the church is the body of christ. Dirt and uncleanness is unwelcome. Period.

ABORTION : Should be allowed ONLY IF THE BABY IS DEFORMED OR POSE THREAT TO THE LIFE OF THE MOTHER.

WOMEN ON THE PULPIT: Nonsense. Why didn't Jesus appoint a woman to be among the disciples. This is why I love catholic church. Women should not be on the pulpit. I'll never worship in such church.

POLITICS ON THE PULPIT : The world has changed. It's important for churches and Christians to be involved in politics and leadership so that they can make positive impact. Look at the mess Nigeria is today. It's because the church is actively involved and abeg don't call osinbajo here. It's better to have a Muslim there than to have osinbajo there.
You are very correct my broda but where do we go from here?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by StagethemTVee: 11:27am On Feb 02, 2020
Check my signature below. Show some love.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by mvem(m): 11:29am On Feb 02, 2020
kunleweb:

They are athiests. All the mods on this site have the same bias against Chrisitianity
so Christians should pretend that there are no doctrinal issues in the church. If not for healthy debates you think you will be here today in this free society
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Liposure: 11:29am On Feb 02, 2020
Taking Alcohol is not dat bad. In d bible, paul advise timothy to take a little wine. Jesus was a drunkard. He even went as far as turning water to wine. D israelites drank wine in d temple after paying tithe.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by gaskiyamagana: 11:29am On Feb 02, 2020
ABCthings:
Which Anglican Church support gay?
The Church of Nigeria is violently against it.
Gay is sin no arguments about that.
There are useless and nonsense arguments about it in Christendom. IT IS ONLY IN ISLAM, THAT IT WAS UNANIMOUSLY CONDEMED.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by gentlegenius(m): 11:29am On Feb 02, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

The Bible clearly said divorce is not allowed unless in the case of Adultery,

So even if my husband beats me, drinks and smokes.. I should still be with him

Hmm...
A man who beats you and keep doing the things you don't like doesn't love you at all. You shouldn't have married him in the first place. A man who doesn't love you is already guilty of adultery because there's no way he won't pursue other women outside or look at other women with lust in his heart. You don't need to catch him fucking another woman to know he is guilty of adultery. Jesus said "whoever looks at another woman lustfully had already committed adultery....".

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by mvem(m): 11:30am On Feb 02, 2020
genii96:
There is no controversy to anyone who follows the Bible, only to those who wish the interprete the Bible only to their benefit
if I engage you now I will see certain differences between your beliefs and another. You won't say the other is less a christian than you
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by gaskiyamagana: 11:30am On Feb 02, 2020
Liposure:
Taking Alcohol is not dat bad. In d bible, paul advise timothy to take a little wine. Jesus was a drunkard. He even went as far as turning water to wine. D israelites drank wine in d temple after paying tithe.
No quotes to back up your statement?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2020
bhest:

Destroyed a whole city then blame it on sodomy? And that make sense to you? The question you should ask is why create em when you foreseen the mess they would be or perhaps they are created to be slaughtered. Common sense doesn't make most of this biblical stories make sense to me anymore.
Dude I’m not here to argue if God exists or if bible was written via common sense.

The argument is why should Christians believe their MOG over what has clearly been written in the Bible which is their guide.

Don’t deviate.

Thanks for you cooperation and understanding.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by mvem(m): 11:31am On Feb 02, 2020
gentlegenius:

Hmm...
A who beats you and keep doing the things you don't like doesn't love you at all. You shouldn't have married him in the first place. A man who doesn't love you is already guilty of adultery because there's no way he won't pursue other women outside or look at other women with lust in his heart. You don't need to catch him fucking another woman to know he is guilty of adultery. Jesus said "whoever looks at another woman lustfully had already committed adultery....".
admiring a woman's beauty isn't it lustful looking ?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Mudassir2016(m): 11:32am On Feb 02, 2020
Alhamdulillah, being a Muslim
Have no controversy with all these

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by gaskiyamagana: 11:33am On Feb 02, 2020
kunleweb:
Why must we keep have controversies when it comes to Christian issues but Muslim threads on Friday are all pro-pristine threads. Nairaland and it's hatred for Christianity
Why is controversies trailing practice of Christianity by the churches?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by gibzzhd: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Your bible answers all these questions but since you choose to believe men instead of reading your bible you’ll be forming confused.

The Bible clearly said divorce is not allowed unless in the case of Adultery,

God destroyed a city cos of Sodomy

Some of these issues can’t be debated cos they were unambiguously sorted in the Bible.

can you show me were Good destroy a city becos of sodomy.Read your Bible with understanding not spreading the story that men teaches

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Jidkidz(m): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2020
Ope oh no smoke fa
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by kunleweb: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2020
mvem:
so Christians should pretend that there are no doctrinal issues in the church. If not for healthy debates you think you will be here today in this free society

Indeed. Grow up. Learn to read and comprehend before being combative

Shalom
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by love816: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2020
Most Pastors are educated, have Jobs and business they do, most are very much updated so why should someone who's updated not have money, I do not agree with the idea of all pastors using church money!

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by mvem(m): 11:37am On Feb 02, 2020
kunleweb:

Indeed. Grow up. Learn to read and comprehend before being combative

Shalom
You haven't addressed what I said logically. Probably it is you that has comprehension issue

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by oluku86: 11:38am On Feb 02, 2020
Islam is free from all these filthy attributes. Accept Islam and Allah will forgive you of your sins, mend your way and give you eternal paradise in the next world. Don't let death catches up with you as unbelievers. Open your mind and be sincere to yourself.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by babyfaceafrica: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2020
gentlegenius:

Hmm...
A who beats you and keep doing the things you don't like doesn't love you at all. You shouldn't have married him in the first place. A man who doesn't love you is already guilty of adultery because there's no way he won't pursue other women outside or look at other women with lust in his heart. You don't need to catch him fucking another woman to know he is guilty of adultery. Jesus said "whoever looks at another woman lustfully had already committed adultery....".

Hope you know people change from good to bad.. Some. Men are angels while courting and they later become demons

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Johilo(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2020
love816:
Most Pastors are educated, have Jobs and business they do, most are very much updated so why should someone who's updated not have money, I do not agree with the idea of all pastors using church money!
if they are not using church money, then they have used ur head..... Sometin must kill a man
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Ubdavis(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2020
Fortissimo502:
None of these issues would be controversial if we actually read and understand the bible.

How can u understand a book that contradict itself?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by genii96(m): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2020
mvem:
if I engage you now I will see certain differences between your beliefs and another. You won't say the other is less a christian than you

What kind of differences exactly?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by bhest(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2020
kokaneprodigy:

Dude I’m not here to argue if God exists or if bible was written via common sense.

The argument is why should Christians believe their MOG over what has clearly been written in the Bible which is their guide.

Don’t deviate.

Thanks for you cooperation and understanding.
When the Bible has so many contradictions and common sense won't just let you. suggest another person/place they would go to get a better understanding?
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by IsraelOA(m): 11:48am On Feb 02, 2020
Exactly my question!! cry

SireJacobs1:

1 Like

Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Opexzy: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2020
genii96:
There is no controversy to anyone who follows the Bible, only to those who wish the interprete the Bible only to their benefit

This is where the controversies started... The possibility of being able to interpret the Bible in diverse ways is the beginning of the controversy. Christianity has always been surrounded by controversies... That is the reason for so many denominations and diverse belief with all claiming and trying to prove a point and you know what they all make use of the same bible.
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by ojuu4u(m): 11:55am On Feb 02, 2020
Trousers by women
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by bergs2: 12:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Go to church and leave controversy for controversy
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by Zeesugar(f): 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
SireJacobs1:
You are one of the numerous problem Nigeria has
Re: See 8 Most Controversial Issues In The Church Today by SpartanKing: 12:08pm On Feb 02, 2020
helinues:
Tithes will definitely be omitted grin grin
+ wealth accumulation(jets). Dressing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / The EXPERIENCE 2019 (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.