Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi (1189 Views)

I’m Interested In Better Nigeria – Peter Obi Clears Air On Running With El-rufai / I’m Ready To Lay Down My Life For Nigeria – Peter Obi / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
Peter Obi, former governor of Anambra state, says living in Nigeria is the biggest threat to one’s life.

Obi said this while responding to questions during an interview with ThisDay.

Asked if he has had a near-death experience, Obi said: “What is more threatening to someone than living in Nigeria? We live under constant threats here.”

Speaking on his journey in business, Obi said business came to him naturally because he was born into it. He said both of his parents were both business people.

He said he was born with a silver spoon but the civil war and the death of his father when he was six years old, “took both the silver and the spoon”.

“There was a silver spoon when my father was alive and doing well but the civil war came and took both the silver and the spoon – leaving my mother and us toiling to meet our needs. One of the good things the war did not take away was the roof over our heads. My mother – a wonderful woman she was – struggled to see us through and guided us along the path of growth; a strong influence which I have imparted to my children,” he said.

Commenting on his relationship with women, Obi said he relates with the female gender as friends and partners.

He said that he does not agree that women throw themselves at men, rather it is men that take advantage of their relationship with women.

“I believe one of the major problems of this country is not allowing women to take their rightful place and not investing enough in them,” he said.

“As Governor, my administration accorded them a decent place – in the civil service, political appointments, education, health and other human services. Among others, at a time, my Chief of Staff was a woman.

“I do not believe that women throw themselves at anybody; it is the men that take advantage of them. Women are wonderful people and we should not exploit them.

“Young women come to me every day with one problem or the other; and God forbid that I should exploit them.”

The vice-presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election further said that he is allergic to wasting money.

Describing the type of wedding he had, Obi said he did the traditional wedding in Nigeria and had the church wedding in London with less than 50 guests.

“I have always told you, in my life, I have an allergy to money being wrongly spent. I undertook the traditional wedding quietly and later had the Church wedding in London with 35-40 guests at the reception. We agreed that it was mainly about two of us and no amount of Champagne would make us better husband and wife?

“When I see Nigerians own houses in New York, Abuja, Lagos, Johannesburg, London, France, here and there – some of which they rarely occupy – I wonder what they hope to do with all of them. What are you going to do with them? I have a house in Onitsha and was urged to have one in the village, I simply responded ‘No’, because it is 10-minute drive from Onitsha to my village. If my presence in the village is required, I will be there in time.”

He said that however, unlike him, “my wife enjoys life a lot”.
https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-nothing-more-threatening-to-life-than-living-in-nigeria

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by CanadaOrBust: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
“What is more threatening to someone than living in Nigeria? We live under constant threats here.”

Hmmm. I’m not sure I totally agree with that. Every country has threats - in China corana will get you, in US someone will shoot you!

3 Likes

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
As Nigerians we can all attest to this. We have either been attacked by armed robbers,had a family member kidnapped or been extorted by the police,army or customs at one point in our lives.

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
The moment you step out of Nigeria, no matter the country, you would experience a certain amount of freedom

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Nigeria is the most useless nation in the history of mankind.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Larryfest(m): 12:35pm On Feb 02, 2020
Like he isn't part of the people who made this country a life threatening place for the common man to live Till we are free from all this greedy people we call leaders the country will still remain life threatening.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Kylekent59: 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2020
I think I agree with him.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
The moment you step out of Nigeria, no matter the country, you would experience a certain amount of freedom
I have travelled around the world and without a doubt Nigeria is one of the worst countries in the world in every aspect you can think of.

3 Likes

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
Larryfest:
Like he isn't part of the people who made this country a life threatening place for the common man to live Till we are free from all this greedy people we call leaders the country will still remain life threatening.
He has the police and army to protect him like the rest of the fantastically corrupt politicians that destroyed the country.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 12:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
You say?....

Bia nwokem cancel that your comment before someone else does it for you.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 12:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Nigeria is the most useless nation in the history of mankind.
I see that lots of you young folks have never set foot out of this wonderful country.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
[s]The moment you step out of Nigeria, no matter the country, you would experience a certain amount of freedom[/s]

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You say?....

Already did. smiley

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by saaron(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
Living in a decietful country bounded by injustice, sharia and islamic caliphate is hell enough, but to live under buhari's islamist regime is an unfortunate calamity that can happen to any human being.
One Nigeria is Dead!
#BuhariMustResign

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by hisgrace090: 1:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
Peter obi is in best position to judge having lived in Nigeria and outside.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Baawaa(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
H
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Kamani8: 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2020
Any one who has lived outside nigeria will agree with him
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Baawaa(m): 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
Peter Obi,you are one of the problem of this country

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Horus(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is a very pessimistic statement. A pessimist is a man who thinks everybody is as nasty as himself, and hates them for it

3 Likes

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You say?....

Why do you think Buhari's children schooled abroad ? Or Buhari treats himself and his family in London ?

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Amujale(m): 1:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
There's nothing more threatning in life than peddling or propagating the senseless and lazy thoughts of Peter Obi.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Okoroawusa: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Why do you think Buhari's children schooled abroad ? Or Buhari treats himself and his family in London ?
Like Peter Obi' s children didn't school abroad... when you go get sense?
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by IduNaOba: 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Those I Favour say aye
The ayes have it!!!!!!!!!
Indeed there is nothing more life threatening than Living in Nigeria
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by StaffofOrayan(m): 2:26pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Like Peter Obi' s children didn't school abroad... when you go get sense?

Who the hell is Peter Obi
I am talking about the masses you are mentioning a politician that contributed to the cesspool that is Nigeria.
Lack of objectivity is the bane of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by citizenY(m): 2:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

I see that lots of you young folks have never set foot out of this wonderful country.

Don't mind them.

Being alive is a risk too, true or false?

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
This is true. Nigeria is a punishment to anyone in it. Very useless country

1 Like

Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 02, 2020
AmuDimkpa:
Nigeria is a good country for making money and has some of the best delicacies in the world. Those are the the only two positive things I have to say.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 02, 2020
AmuDimkpa:
The fantastically corrupt politicians are the only ones that are safe with their large entourage of police and army officials. The rest of us are at the mercy of ritualists,armed robbers,kidnappers,SARSs,army and customs officials.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Bola146(f): 7:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
Then where do we go But I must make it in this country whether the devil likes it or not
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 02, 2020
Bola146:
Then where do we go But I must make it in this country whether the devil likes it or not
You can make lots of money and become rich, but your security is not guaranteed.
Re: There's Nothing More Threatening To Life Than Living In Nigeria - Peter Obi by Bighead9: 7:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
Yeye man. All this trash, cause Nigerians decided not to vote for you and Atiku.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okowa Condoles Rita Lori-ogbebor Over Husband's Death / Ruga Project : Ganduje, Kano Igbos Reject Call For Relocation Of Fulani From Sou / Nigerians Are The Most Stupidest Black Group On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.