Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final (17022 Views)

Akwa United Wins 2020/2021 NPFL Title / US Open 2019 Men's Final: Rafael Nadal Vs Daniil Medvedev Discussion Thread / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Yusman316(m): 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
StephenBB:

Can you imagine

E really pain me sha...

Hey was a no-go area those days in tennis
Says who? Wait until they go to the clay court tournaments, then u will know who the king of clay is. They all have their preferred playing surfaces. Federer does his magic best on grass, which is Wimbledon. Djokovic loves the hard courts
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by viktor88: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
Venerable612:

Hmmm.

Roger Federer is still the greatest of all time.

1. Roger Federer has the most grand slam wins of all time.
2. He has the most ATP tournament victories of all time.
3. Has the record for the longest weeks as World Number 1.

He is commonly recognized as the greatest play.

Until Djokovic meets and beats those records - he is still further below.
It's debatable now
Federer have 20, Nasal 19, Djokovic 17. Djokovic will over take them next year.

Djokovic have a better winning ratio than both of them in the ATP tournaments.

Djokovic have a better h2h than against both of them.

3 Likes

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by viktor88: 6:14pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Beating at old and worn out federer.whwn federer was younger,djokovic no see him back
He should retire if he's old, djokovic started wining federer when federer was in his prime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by viktor88: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

not exactly bro, fedal started turned pro 98 while nola turn pro 03 that a whole 5yr head start. now check there h2h both have meet 50 times in GS fedal won 23 and nola 27, even when fedal was in is prime he didn't really dominated the way nola and nadal are dominating now, he is struggling to win a GS since nola and nadal came on board, he only wins when either nadal or nola are injured. If the three of them (fedal, nola & nadal) turn pro the same year fedal would have been far behind the big three
Djokovic is better than both but they will not agree. One thing that will clear their doubt is that Djokovic will retire with more grand slam than both of them.

4 Likes

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by TruthSpeaker: 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2020
CONGRATS TO THE DUDE, HE IS MY FAVORITE!!! HE WILL BECOME #1 WHEN THE NEXT RANKING IS OUT. NADAL STAY ON THE THRONE WAS REALLY BRIEF.

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by garfield1: 6:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

not exactly bro, fedal started turned pro 98 while nola turn pro 03 that a whole 5yr head start. now check there h2h both have meet 50 times in GS fedal won 23 and nola 27, even when fedal was in is prime he didn't really dominated the way nola and nadal are dominating now, he is struggling to win a GS since nola and nadal came on board, he only wins when either nadal or nola are injured. If the three of them (fedal, nola & nadal) turn pro the same year fedal would have been far behind the big three
Its like arguing if ronaldo and messi would have bested pele and maradona.its neither here nor there.dont forget djokovic started dominating federer when the latter clocked 30.the dominance is mainly in grandslams.
Again,federer is not a ruthless player.head sometimes too nice and entertsining like an arsenal and not too aggressive and this plays into djokovic's hands.i also blame his coaching crew they haven't found a way to beat djokovic consistently just as federer has found a way to beat nadal in recent times outside clay.

Before today's match,i predicted that thiem wont be able to beat djokovic.a ruthless zverev 2-1 up would have taken no prisoners
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by 2018PROFSUNDAY: 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
And the WINNNNNNNNNNER is
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Venerable612(m): 7:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
viktor88:

It's debatable now
Federer have 20, Nasal 19, Djokovic 17. Djokovic will over take them next year.

Djokovic have a better winning ratio than both of them in the ATP tournaments.

Djokovic have a better h2h than against both of them.

When you talk about GOAT.. it’s about records as it applies now - not as it will be in the future.

There is no question of debate here.

To date, Federer has won 103 ATP singles titles including a record 20 Grand Slam singles titles, 28 ATP Masters 1000 titles, and a record 6 ATP Finals. Federer was also a Gold Medalist in men's doubles with Stan Wawrinka at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and a Silver Medalist in men's singles at the 2012 London Olympics.

They are all records that re yet to be broken. When they are - you can subject them to debate on h2h.

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by IAMPhoenix007(m): 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Its like arguing if ronaldo and messi would have bested pele and maradona.its neither here nor there.dont forget djokovic started dominating federer when the latter clocked 30.the dominance is mainly in grandslams.
Again,federer is not a ruthless player.head sometimes too nice and entertsining like an arsenal and not too aggressive and this plays into djokovic's hands.i also blame his coaching crew they haven't found a way to beat djokovic consistently just as federer has found a way to beat nadal in recent times outside clay.

Before today's match,i predicted that thiem wont be able to beat djokovic.a ruthless zverev 2-1 up would have taken no prisoners

The comparison with Ronald & messi with pele & maradona is a bit out of place in my own opinion, ronaldo and messi didn't play when pele & maradona played, in fact they played decades apart while pele play in the 50s to the late 70s maradona played in the mid 70s till 1994 or there about and messi and ronaldo are still play.

But same can't be said of nola, fedal & nadal they practically played in the same era, the difference is just a gap of few years fedal(1998), nadal(2001) and nola(2003) till present.
I agree that fedal is not as ruthless as the like of nadal, Wawrinka or even zverev you mentioned, he is known for his speed, fluid style of play, and exceptional shot making, that is why a lot of people love him, I actually feel in love with tennis becos of fedal. On the other hand nola will use any tactics to win especially when he is losing reason why most fedal fans labeled him arrogant and a cheat. But then the game is all about winning inite?

ps. fedal is still the weakest while nola is the strongest of the there.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by IAMPhoenix007(m): 8:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Venerable612:

When you talk about GOAT.. it’s about records as it applies now - not as it will be in the future.

To date, Federer has won 103 ATP singles titles including a record 20 Grand Slam singles titles, 28 ATP Masters 1000 titles, and a record 6 ATP Finals. Federer was also a Gold Medalist in men's doubles with Stan Wawrinka at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and a Silver Medalist in men's singles at the 2012 London Olympics.

They are all records that re yet to be broken. When they are - you can subject them to debate on h2h.

this doesn't make him better than Nola, Nola is far better than both him and nadal there h2h speaks for them. unlike football tennis is an individual Sport( to a large extend).
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by israelmao(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
aliyuthayo:

The youngster who took the final game to 5! Indeed. Remember Dominic Thiem isn't a youngster when it comes to Tennis also is rated 5th in the world ranking.

Dominic is younger than Raphael Nadal that what I meant,I was not referring to ranking.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Kingjags: 9:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
garfield1:

Beating at old and worn out federer.whwn federer was younger,djokovic no see him back
nah lie. Check their head to head
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by garfield1: 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

The comparison with Ronald & messi with pele & maradona is a bit out of place in my own opinion, ronaldo and messi didn't play when pele & maradona played, in fact they played decades apart while pele play in the 50s to the late 70s maradona played in the mid 70s till 1994 or there about and messi and ronaldo are still play.

But same can't be said of nola, fedal & nadal they practically played in the same era, the difference is just a gap of few years fedal(1998), nadal(2001) and nola(2003) till present.
I agree that fedal is not as ruthless as the like of nadal, Wawrinka or even zverev you mentioned, he is known for his speed, fluid style of play, and exceptional shot making, that is why a lot of people love him, I actually feel in love with tennis becos of fedal. On the other hand nola will use any tactics to win especially when he is losing reason why most fedal fans labeled him arrogant and a cheat. But then the game is all about winning inite?

ps. fedal is still the weakest while nola is the strongest of the there.
that means am largely correct.federer does not like winning dirty lik djokovic
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by garfield1: 9:12pm On Feb 02, 2020
Kingjags:
nah lie. Check their head to head
Check their h2h when federer was below 30
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by viktor88: 9:17pm On Feb 02, 2020
Venerable612:

Okay
I get your point but he's not my GOAT
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Ovie56(m): 9:38pm On Feb 02, 2020
Venerable612:

Hmmm.

Goat ko, Ewure no, keep shouting most grandslam when he has one 12 out of 20 before Nadal and Djokovic arrived.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Venerable612(m): 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
viktor88:

Okay
I get your point but he's not my GOAT

Yes, there is that point as well. You can choose to have your GOAT.

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Venerable612(m): 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ovie56:
Goat ko, Ewure no, keep shouting most grandslam when he has one 12 out of 20 before Nadal and Djokovic arrived.

I don’t have to respond to this.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Venerable612(m): 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

this doesn't make him better than Nola, Nola is far better than both him and nadal there h2h speaks for them. unlike football tennis is an individual Sport( to a large extend).

I don’t quite agree with you. All sports are individual sports.

With football for instance, You don’t say someone is GOAT based on his club Nd country records. It’s the individual achievements that matter, with the difference that individual achievements in Football are often tied to club and country successes as well.

what I mean is that - it doesn’t matter that Nov beats Nadal and Federer h2h - the individual achievements are what matter. You can’t make this comparison particularly because Federer was on more than 10 G.S before Djokovic came up.

So there is the age factor. You can only say Nova is better if they both were on their prime and were of the same Age.

People don’t say Federer is better than Pete Sampras or Andre Agassi because he had a better head to head over both. Both players were equally good in their days and when Federer played them - they were well above age.

Federer is considered GOAT because he currently has all the Records - and that might soon change if Djokovic can retain his form for another 2 years.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Tobechuckwu(m): 7:51am On Feb 03, 2020
I think Goat is measured by the number of G.S u win. Federer defeated Djokovic last in 2012 in a G.S match, since then it's been Djokovic all the way. With the way things are going, Djokovic will soon catch with Federer. Just know that by May, Federer nd Nadal will be 20-20 in G.S,king of clay will surely catch up. Forget ATP tour, GOAT is only on the number of G.S u win.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by djoe21(m): 9:48am On Feb 03, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:

Did you just type that Federer didn't really dominate in his prime like Nola and Nadal? Sorry I don't think you met Federer in his prime. undecided
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Ovie56(m): 11:01am On Feb 03, 2020
Venerable612:

I don’t have to respond to this.
of course, there's no counter argument to that, nothing you can say
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by SwagPower: 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
Venerable612:

Hmmm.

True that..But bruh you and I know it only a matter of time before Djokovic beats Roger's 20 Grand slam titles..I'm sure you also know that Djokovic has beaten both Roger and Nadal more than they have beaten him.

The record stands at:
27 wins for The Djoker V 23 wins for Roger
29 wins for The Djoker V 26 wins for Nadal...

If you take apart your love for Roger however justified,You will realize that there is only going to be one GOAT.. And NOVAK DJOKOVIC is his name
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Venerable612(m): 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
SwagPower:

True that..But bruh you and I know it only a matter of time before Djokovic beats Roger's 20 Grand slam titles..I'm sure you also know that Djokovic has beaten both Roger and Nadal more than they have beaten him.

The record stands at:
27 wins for The Djoker V 23 wins for Roger
29 wins for The Djoker V 26 wins for Nadal...

If you take apart your love for Roger however justified,You will realize that there is only going to be one GOAT.. And NOVAK DJOKOVIC is his name

Smiles- very compelling grin.

I am almost convinced grin. Time will be the judge.
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by SwagPower: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
Venerable612:

Smiles- very compelling grin.

I am almost convinced grin. Time will be the judge.
grin Surely I for on will forever respect what Roger brought to Tennis between 2004-2010..Man was virtually unplayable...grin
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Ovie56(m): 11:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
SwagPower:

grin Surely I for on will forever respect what Roger brought to Tennis between 2004-2010..Man was virtually unplayable...grin
When Djokovic was still suffering from Gluten allergy, and the rest of the tour is in shambles, they've been using age excuse for him for the past 10 years, baba has been old since 2010 that Djokovic found him out.

Fun fact Roger Federer last beat Djokovic at Australia open in Jan 2007 it's been 13 years since
Happy anniversary
Re: Djokovic Wins 2020 Australian Open Men's Final by Smara(f): 2:46pm On Apr 15, 2020
ezer20:
Federer is the greatest of all time.

�� Hello

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Equals Pele's Goals Record For One Club With 643 For Catalan Giants / New Photos Of Godfrey Oboabona's Kids / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Barcelona Vs Chelsea 3-0 – Highlights & Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.