Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road (28248 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Rail: FG To Demolish Parts Of Apapa Port Terminals - (Pics) / Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Abuja-kaduna Rail: FG To Inaugurate 10 New Coaches, Two Locomotives – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Blindersoff: 9:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Liar

The first class coach when i boarded a while back

2 Likes

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by GamalNasser: 9:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

The first class coach when i boarded a while back

This picture is popular online

1 Like

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by spiralwedge(m): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blue3k2:

Source: https://punchng.com/rail-fg-to-ban-heavy-cargo-transport-by-road/

If he bans them tankers and trucks on major road, I would give a long hug anytime I see him.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by doggedfighter(f): 9:40pm On Feb 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Welcome back to reality grin
Something about his tone. He sounds broken cry
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by spiralwedge(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Liar

I boarded first class KD to ABJ, Super cool with AC.

2 Likes

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Blindersoff: 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

This picture is popular online

Bring it up from its popular places online and show me

2 Likes

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Blindersoff: 9:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
spiralwedge:

That guy you responded to thinks everyone is as empty upstairs as he obviously is

2 Likes

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by spiralwedge(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
izubext007:
After Paying Truck Driver Nd Loaders To The Train Station, U Will Wait At Other End To Pay Anotherd Driver And Loaders Out Of D Station. Silly A P C Ideal.

Smh. How do you people reason?

1 Like

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by GamalNasser: 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2020
spiralwedge:

I believe you but I can never believe the other guy ..that guy has never been to the north
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Skyebestpropert(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Ameichi my best minister ,fashola my best mentor,Buhari my best president.others are iwuruwuru to the answer ministers.i beg any oau student in the house ,get ur accommodation now 08169670189.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by naturefellow(m): 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
It's about time. A welcome news!
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Blindersoff: 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

I believe you but I can never believe the other guy ..that guy has never been to the north

From the attached train schedule where do you think i was headed? Can you guess? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Pro2makx(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blue3k2:

If Buhari govt. Can get this done, then i will closely line him as my number 3rd best president, after . Yaradua and Goodluck. Anything short of this, he will remain mr. clueless that we have always known
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by hmohammed(m): 9:55pm On Feb 02, 2020
sarrki:

I voted for him based on security

That’s my yard stick to measure this government

It’s a personal opinion

I am also entitled to it

If Boko Haram can’t be tamed , armed banditry and kidnappings with the billions of Naira

Ow do you want me to believe anything again

His is this issue now related to bokoharam or insecurity. This goes back to the advise given to you, try to be objective and apply critical reasoning before wailing. You get it?

1 Like

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by GamalNasser: 9:59pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blindersoff:

From the attached train schedule where do you think i was headed? Can you guess? cheesy

Butterflleo you are Yoruba troll most likely staying in the SW
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Nobody: 10:01pm On Feb 02, 2020
A welcomed development.

Nigeria will be better.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
sarrki:
I don’t believe anything about this government anymore

Is the rail system to other part of the country effectively running?
This can't be happening! Sarrki, is this really you?
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Blindersoff: 10:09pm On Feb 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Butterflleo you are Yoruba troll most likely staying in the SW

who is Butterflleo? I can see i have been engaging a mad and delusional troll all this while

2 Likes

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by panpan(m): 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2020
Compulsory use of the railways for transporting certain types of cargo may sound good, but how practical would the implementation be?

Has the federal government assessed the volume of such types of cargo that is transported along federal roads each day and night, and whether the railways can handle such volume daily unfailingly?

If use of the railways is to be enforced, it should not be done immediately, but after at least two years from a public announcement, to enable businesses to adjust.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by PROJECTBASE: 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
I know between now and 2023, this government would have baned lives out of some people.

1 Like

Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Kingspin(m): 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2020
Officialgarri:

I think for a few days now, you have been seriously seeking validation from people to welcome you into the wailing community.

I'm not saying you shouldn't complain about this administration, but I don't expect you to fall in the category of 'ignorant' wailers who just want to complain even when it's not necessary.

What I'm saying is that you should be constructive and mature. Complain when necessary and stay mute when the news is good.
Banning road cargo transport is as same a banning generator import right now.

You should try to understand it.
Yes! We wanna see the rail work.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by bawajghai(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Let them finish the railway first... Talking with out action
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
Blue3k2:

Honestly, Buhari has been the best president ever in Nigeria.. his plans are well strategized but slow... if that sluggishness will help us develop, am supporting wholeheartedly.... Buhari attack bluntly without considering personality... if this works out, dangote and dantata family , Tinubu and so on will be affected with their load of trucks on the road
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by sainthumble: 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2020
Future impossible
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by AlphaStorm: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
Fuel Tankers No1 culprits. Let them get off our Roads abeg.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Originalsly: 11:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmm......

The FG plans to ban [i]certain categories of cargo from some roads [/i].

But the headlines and too many posters say different. Something is wrong with too many people.

@ topic. For some reason.... politicians seem not to be able to fully address the present situation.... but always would jump and be giving details about what is going to happen in the distant future. When is this railway due to he completed?... where would it run? .. how much it costs?.... and need to be repaid?.... estimated price range of tickets?... what type of goods would be restricted to rail haulage? When would the trainees be back from China? ... would they be immediately replacing the foreigners? A railway university.... how many trains would we have in 10 years?...would there be employme.t for half of the graduates? ...million and one questions.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by galadima77(m): 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2020
sarrki:

I voted for him based on security

That’s my yard stick to measure this government

It’s a personal opinion

I am also entitled to it

If Boko Haram can’t be tamed , armed banditry and kidnappings with the billions of Naira

Ow do you want me to believe anything again

Some people find it so hard conceiving the plight of those whose livelihoods or lives have been affected by the incessant security challenges, for reasons they alone know.
So it's easy to tell one to shut up when he complains about security of lives and properties.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Mjpem23(m): 12:01am On Feb 03, 2020
Blue3k2:

Thank God that Railway will be Transporting crude oil to all mega station in Nigeria.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Smellingrillmea: 12:10am On Feb 03, 2020
Ovamboland:

Still the same ignorant throbs, you think insurgency is curbed by spending few billions,

America has spent trillions of $$ and is still afraid of terrorist attacks on it's soil till today

You are so ignorant and stupid comparing usa with your zoo......wake up and smell the cooking Nigeria is finished.......this administration has finished Nigeria......i have been out of Nigeria do 15 years and this is the first time I want to travel back to Nigeria and there are series of warmings from my adopted country......keep calling peoole waivers......u will see the real waivers when u want to travel and get denied cos of your country
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by tlarge1612: 12:15am On Feb 03, 2020
He said when the complete the rail project not immediately Mr oga
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by Nobody: 12:44am On Feb 03, 2020
What about Dangote's harbingers of death.
Re: Rail: FG To Ban Heavy Cargo Transport By Road by judgementyard(m): 4:23am On Feb 03, 2020
doggedfighter:

Something about his tone. He sounds broken cry
Yeah,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Edo, Kills Many (Photos) / "Ebonyi International Airport To Be Completed In 2022" - Governor Umahi (photos) / Bus Driver Fights With LASTMA Officials After Passing One Way In Sabo, Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.