Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? (387 Views)

1st Class in Maths: Maniru Ibrahim Gets N9.2bn Scholarship For PhD In Ireland / Kirikiri Inmate Enrolls For Phd In Criminology At NOUN / Nairalanders Need Ur Help Pls Jupeb In Uniben Or Unilag Wich Is Better?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by starz100: 9:16pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hey Guys, I am thinking of a Phd or Mphil between the above institutions.
Kindly advice based on ease of completion of the program, duration and other factors. Meanwhile, I live in Delta state, thanks
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by edoairways: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2020
starz100 if you love yourself don't apply to those schools I beg you
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by starz100: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2020
edoairways:
starz100 if you love yourself don't apply to those schools I beg you
Okay, but why do you say so?
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by edoairways: 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
starz100:

Okay, but why do you say so?
They are slow
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by edoairways: 10:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Fratermathy: what is your take?
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by fratermathy(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
starz100:
Hey Guys, I am thinking of a Phd or Mphil between the above institutions.
Kindly advice based on ease of completion of the program, duration and other factors. Meanwhile, I live in Delta state, thanks

Unilorin is good but distance may be a barrier. I don't know about EKSU but please be wary of UNIBEN except you have done your research very well. Every department is different so be very particular so that people can help you better.
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by starz100: 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2020
Education gurus in the house please come in
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by starz100: 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2020
fratermathy:

Unilorin is good but distance may be a barrier. I don't know about EKSU but please be wary of UNIBEN except you have done your research very well. Every department is different so be very particular so that people can help you better.
Thanks. Yea, distance is actually a barrier for me for Unilorin. I only considered it because of the good report I heard about it. As for the program, it is Science Education
Re: Unilorin, Uniben Or Eksu For Phd, Which? by soprano008(m): 2:34am On Feb 03, 2020
There are certain enquiries you need to make before registering in any of those schools.

1. Does the school postgraduate has a good calendar? Yes every school does, but how effective is it?

2. Narrow it down to your desired Department. And make enquiries from present and past PG students

3. For PhD. It's better you have a conversation with your potential supervisor even before applying. It's more like a journey of no return

4. For the distance, might not really be a barrier depending on who your boss is. Some prefer to hear updates from your work. Some prefer to see you often. They even use that as a test of seriousness.

5. Check from the Department, if there are helping hands in the intended area/niche you want to research on.

Best of luck

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Before Prof.luke Anike Runs ESUT Aground / What Is Business Administration About? What Qualifies You For That Course? / Is ASUU Still On Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.