Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums (658 Views)

Fingers Crossed: Most Anticipated Hiphop Albums Of 2010. / Mixtapes Vs Street Albums Vs Ep's / Lagbaja Releases 2 New Albums! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by yoji: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2010
Six of naija's finest rappers realised their albums @ about d same time. So there's enuff to satisfy d average fan. I want u guys to rate the albums from d best to d least impressive. In no particular order, here they are:
Untouchable-ruggedman
Return of d phero-pherowshuz
Boys are not smiling-terry d rapman
MI2 the movie-MI
HOD-overdose
State of suprise-vector.
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by temmytanny(m): 6:01pm On Dec 11, 2010
MI2
Ruggedman
Terrytharapman
Overdose
Vector
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by Fred87(m): 7:37pm On Dec 11, 2010
@poster no mode9-DVM,saucekid-AA huh,,, :eeezz
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by yoji: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2010
@ fred 87
I picked those album cos they came out about d same peri
od. I think u'd agree wit me that d mode and sauce aldums came out much earlier.plus am pretty sure a lot must have been said about them.
t
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by Abagworo(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2010
In terms of sales I think MI carries the day followed by Rugged Man.
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by darequam(m): 1:42am On Dec 12, 2010
Ruggedman, MI2
THE REST, I'LL CHECK LATER
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by Mobinga: 8:56am On Dec 12, 2010
No not sales!! Content!!

Ill give it to VECTOR
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by LoveKing(m): 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2010
Abagworo:

In terms of sales I think MI carries the day followed by Rugged Man.

where are your stats?
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by yoji: 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2010
Kai @ this stage for its pheroshuz o! This brother is lyrically insane. Very few rappers out there can match d amazing wordplay this dude is dishing out on this album. He is so underated. Any true rap head must get this album. Favourite tracks- rhyme tight and we no be novice. I repeat phero is mmaaaaadddddd!!!
Next is MI2-did enuff to keep him ontop. D album was risky as he experimented a lot but managed to pull it off. Probably not a classic but ok. I wonder y guys are not commenting on his beef track. I liked it a lot. Its a real mature diss track.
Then terry the rapman
Finally OD-should have really done more wit his beats. Beats were dull and monotonous but otherwise he comes thru as imposin as ever.

About to sample ruggedman, be back to tell u where it slots in. Can't find vector yet.
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by Fred87(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2010
@yoji.on pherow u b correct.d album dey burst me head baad.eeeezz
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by mode9007: 5:44pm On Dec 13, 2010
in terms of content, BANS by terry
MI 2
HOD
untouchable
am yet to get vector's album

in terms of quality both content and sound then its
BANS
MI 2
untouchable
HOD
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by yoji: 6:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yes am back! Finally sampled ruggedy, well no doubt he still holds his own. To think of d fact dat he has had to evolve his style to compete this newer generation sci-rappers, d guy try well. But u can't help but feel d album was primarily put out there to address d whole 9ice issue as adigun's cup was over flowing and ruggedy fans were baying for his blood. And on dat, I feel he dealth wit it well. I liked wat he did, getting chinadu to fight dirty while he dealt wit d facts.
All dat said, I place it above HOD in my earlier rankings. So its now
1-pheroshuz
2-MI2
3-BANS
4-untouchable
5-OD(fav. Track-lets ride)

@mode9007
I take it u've not got return of d phero.pls do o!
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by d1twista(m): 4:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
In Terms of sales

MI2- MI
BANS- TerryThaRapman
UNTOUCHABLE- Ruggedman

The rest am not sure

In Terms of Lyrics

BANS
MI2
UNTOUCHABLE
Re: Rap Wars-battle Of D Albums by Mobinga: 11:29am On Dec 16, 2010
Lets not forget that MODENINE released two albums this year grin

(1) (Reply)

Darey Fixes February 28 For Album Release + Exclusive Picture Of Album Cover / Alto Saxophone For Sale / Brand New Video From Ur Boy Faze - Am In The Mood [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.