Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,907 members, 7,810,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth (348 Views)

2023: Seun Osewa Forecasts Tinubu To Win; Says Atiku Not Popular In The North / Kogi State Government To Borrow $100 Million For Economic Development / Buhari Inaugurates NEC, Asks Them To Focus On Economic Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Sunofgod(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, has disclosed that Nigeria stands a chance to smile in 2020, as economic outlook and indices portray hope of a brighter future.
Speaking at Inspiration Conference 2020, organised by Redeemer’s Men Fellowship, Lagos Region, last weekend, Osinbajo quoting a Newsweek Magazine article, tilted: “Africa’s first Super Power is coming sooner than you think,” identified Nigeria as that Super Power.

“The essential points made in that write up was despite Nigeria’s challenges, Nigeria is the last major open market on earth. We are at a point in our history where everything is working in our favour,” he said.

With the theme, ‘Galvanized for Geometric Growth,’ he noted that Microsoft for instance is setting up its Africa Centre in Nigeria, and other investors are going in the direction of incredible prospects that the country offers.

According to him, the insufficient 2.5 percent growth rate that is predicted by IMF for Nigeria economy in 2020, comes to about $10billion, just about the size of some of the economies which Nigeria is often compared with in Africa.

He said further that the Finance Act, the first of its kind since 1999, addresses the issue of domestic revenue mobilisation, which is taxation, and will also encourage ease of doing business and foster private sector growth.

Ösinbajo listed many sectors of the economy that are experiencing growth like the SMEs, manufacturing sector, the Creative industry, and Aviation.

https://guardian.ng/business-services/osinbajo-forecasts-economic-development-growth/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Sunofgod(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2020
Osinbajo is right - Economic Development Growth = Inflation!

[img]https://media1./images/86c06c56c16bda247b45d723817170d7/tenor.gif?itemid=14987437[/img]
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by CodeTemplar: 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2020
Politicians and personal interests.
Every ruling party man will always be hopeful irrespective of harsh realities.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by DATMAT(m): 10:00pm On Feb 02, 2020
the greatest economist of our time forecasting doom
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by crownwealth: 10:07pm On Feb 02, 2020
Foolish & stupid prediction

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by okefrancis: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2020
crownwealth:
Since I have known you I had never heard you saying a positive things concerning the VP ,what is your problem because I don't believe in this this administration
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by okefrancis: 7:22am On Feb 03, 2020
DATMAT:
How do you mean ? I will advice you read well so that you can understand
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by helinues: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2020
Headlines - Forecast

News itself - Disclosed
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by okefrancis: 7:27am On Feb 03, 2020
Thank God and the VP as well for saying this ,and we have been this already in the area of domestic mobilisation revenue and in terms of Small and Medium Enterprise ( SMEs)
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by okefrancis: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Politicians and personal interests.

Every ruling party man will always be hopeful irrespective of harsh realities.
Is like you failed to understand what VP osinbajo was saying,so what is the political interest and self here,is Osinbajo want to gain the economy growth alone, mtchewwww
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Deputy1111(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2020
It takes only a man of vision to see positive changes ahead of others. Osinbajo is a leader full of wisdom, who with the present situation of the country can see better tomorrow.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Deputy1111(m): 7:39am On Feb 03, 2020
crownwealth:
You will possess what you confess, as for me I see better tomorrow.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by crownwealth: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2020
okefrancis:

Since I have known you I had never heard you saying a positive things concerning the VP ,what is your problem because I don't believe in this this administration

Direct your question to Osunbade

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Deputy1111(m): 7:42am On Feb 03, 2020
DATMAT:
You will call it doom because you are ignorant of the economy process of the country.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by crownwealth: 7:44am On Feb 03, 2020
Deputy1111:
You will possess what you confess, as for me I see better tomorrow.

Keep deceiving yourself. Better tomorrow since 29th May 2015. You have been scammed.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2020
I know you can never be positive, may God soften your mind
crownwealth:
[/s]Foolish & stupid prediction[s]
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2020
We so much have believe in you Mr Vice President, greater days ahead of us
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by NewsMuncher: 8:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Is babasanjo an economist?? angry
What is he forecasting
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 8:03am On Feb 03, 2020
Trash
DATMAT:
[s][/s]the greatest economist of our time forecasting doom[s][/s]
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 8:05am On Feb 03, 2020
So you have to be an economist before you can forecast the future economy? Anyway he is.......are you okay now?
NewsMuncher:
Is [s][/s]babasanjo an economist?? angry
What is he forecasting[s][/s]
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 8:07am On Feb 03, 2020
Get well soon bro

crownwealth:
[/s]Foolish & stupid prediction [s]

Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by ojokolax: 8:07am On Feb 03, 2020
Is there a reason why you are this story from over a week ago is suddenly being resurfaced?
Vice president Osinbajo made his forecast of 3% and some renowned economist actually said it might actually be around the 2.5% mark which is still a lot of growth itself, but we as Nigerians fail to read and grasp the sectors being focused on so that we might tap into it rather we criticize without ever suggesting better alternatives. Quite pitiful

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Arubajagz: 8:15am On Feb 03, 2020
If you like believe the projections and take necessary action to benefit economically, if you like remain pessimistic.
Las las e go show for your account balance.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Jhayphil: 8:35am On Feb 03, 2020
That's a positive improvement to the economy. We should all look forward to this growth.
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by crownwealth: 8:37am On Feb 03, 2020
Ebunoluwa2020:
I know you can never be positive, may God soften your mind

Direct your prayers to the wicked and bloody government
Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by crownwealth: 8:39am On Feb 03, 2020
NewsMuncher:
Is babasanjo an economist?? angry
What is he forecasting

Don’t mind the fraudulent fake pastor.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Forecasts Economic Development Growth by Zeesugar(f): 9:20am On Feb 03, 2020
Things Are bond to get better with the rate of investment by foreign investors.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 30 Will Buhari Cut Short His AU Meeting? / Detained Journalist, Agba Jalingo Finally Released / Punch Got It Wrong: Nothing Like Supply Of 100 Computers For N100m- Gombe Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.