Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime (297 Views)

How Many People Did Muhammad Kill During His Lifetime? / The Claim That Allah's Apostle Never Beat Anyone Is False / What Is The Biblical Perspective On Domestic Violence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by Biodun556(m): 7:18am On Feb 03, 2020
Prophet Muhammad never struck a woman or a servant or an animal.

Aisha reported:

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, did not strike a servant or a woman, and he never struck anything with his hand.

The Prophet warned us that Allah will retaliate on the Day of Judgment against those who wrongly beat others.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Whoever strikes someone will receive retribution for it on the Day of Resurrection.

Likewise, the Prophet warned us that Allah will punish those who torture others.

Hisham ibn Hakim reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Verily, Allah will torture those who torture people in this world.

Beating a servant and causing harm to him is a major sin. If a Muslim beats his servant, the Prophet commanded the servant to be set free.
Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Whoever strikes his servant without limit or slaps him, then the expiation for the sin is to emancipate him.

Abdullah bin Zam’ah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

How does one of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (have intercourse with) her?

Iyas ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Many women have come to the family of Muhammad complaining about their husbands hitting them. These men are not the best among you.

Indeed, Allah has prohibited men from harming their wives as a means to correct their behavior.
Allah said:
وَلَا تُضَارُّوهُنَّ لِتُضَيِّقُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ
Do not harm them in order to straighten them.
Surat al-Ṭalāq 65:6

If a Muslim man violates these strict limits and he abuses his wife, the Prophet considered this a just cause for divorce.

Yahya ibn Sa’eed reported: Habeeba bint Sahl was the wife of Thabit ibn Qais ibn Shammas and it was mentioned to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, that Thabit had struck her so she appeared at the door of the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet said him:
خُذْ مِنْهَا وَخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا
Take your dowry and let her go.
Source: Sunan al-Dārimī 2200, Grade: Sahih

Based upon this precedent, Muslim women deserve legal protection from abusive husbands and may seek a divorce in court.

Anas bin Malik was a young boy when he started working in the Prophet’s household. Anas worked for the Prophet (peace be upon him) for ten years, and not once did the Prophet (peace be upon him) strike or even reprimand him.

Anas said, “I served the Prophet at home and on journeys. By Allah, he never said to me for anything which I did: ‘Why have you done this?’ or for anything which I did not do: ‘Why have you not done this?’” (Sahih Bukhari and Muslim)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “When your servant prepares food for you and lays it for you — while he has suffered the inconvenience of heat and smoke when cooking — you should ask him to sit down and share the meal.”

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “They (servants) are only your brothers. Allah has placed them in your care. So whoever has a brother under his care, then let him feed him from what he eats himself, clothe him with what he clothes himself. Let him not overburden him with that which he cannot bear. And if he overburdens him, then let him lend him a hand.”

This Hadith applies also to female servants of course.

Note: Implementation of sharia law and defense during the battle are Allah's commandments.
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by madridguy(m): 7:20am On Feb 03, 2020
" Talking of beauty, you are the one that comes to my mind

For there's not been a single soul more pleasant than you are

You are cleansed of all imperfection

You are one of a kind in all creation "

May the Peace and Blessing of Allah SWT be upon The Best Of All Creations, Abu Fatima, Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, Aameen.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:25am On Feb 03, 2020
And Muhammadu is busy beating everybody here undecided
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by money121(m): 7:25am On Feb 03, 2020
Allahu Akbar
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by falcon01: 7:30am On Feb 03, 2020
and Abdullah is busy beating fatima here while beheading Joseph, philip and emeka
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 03, 2020
Deluded idiot trying hard to defend an obvious murder, rapist, child trafficker and sower of religious hate.
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by TooMuchStuff: 8:03am On Feb 03, 2020
cool
But he killed thousands and Rape uncountable

In my Bible description of Devil, it's almost refer to the Hadith and Quran
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by advocatejare(m): 11:02am On Feb 03, 2020
Biodun556:
Prophet Muhammad never struck a woman or a servant or an animal.

Aisha reported:

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, did not strike a servant or a woman, and he never struck anything with his hand.

The Prophet warned us that Allah will retaliate on the Day of Judgment against those who wrongly beat others.

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Whoever strikes someone will receive retribution for it on the Day of Resurrection.

Likewise, the Prophet warned us that Allah will punish those who torture others.

Hisham ibn Hakim reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Verily, Allah will torture those who torture people in this world.

Beating a servant and causing harm to him is a major sin. If a Muslim beats his servant, the Prophet commanded the servant to be set free.
Ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Whoever strikes his servant without limit or slaps him, then the expiation for the sin is to emancipate him.

Abdullah bin Zam’ah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

How does one of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then embrace (have intercourse with) her?

Iyas ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

Many women have come to the family of Muhammad complaining about their husbands hitting them. These men are not the best among you.

Indeed, Allah has prohibited men from harming their wives as a means to correct their behavior.
Allah said:
وَلَا تُضَارُّوهُنَّ لِتُضَيِّقُوا عَلَيْهِنَّ
Do not harm them in order to straighten them.
Surat al-Ṭalāq 65:6

If a Muslim man violates these strict limits and he abuses his wife, the Prophet considered this a just cause for divorce.

Yahya ibn Sa’eed reported: Habeeba bint Sahl was the wife of Thabit ibn Qais ibn Shammas and it was mentioned to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, that Thabit had struck her so she appeared at the door of the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet said him:
خُذْ مِنْهَا وَخَلِّ سَبِيلَهَا
Take your dowry and let her go.
Source: Sunan al-Dārimī 2200, Grade: Sahih

Based upon this precedent, Muslim women deserve legal protection from abusive husbands and may seek a divorce in court.

Anas bin Malik was a young boy when he started working in the Prophet’s household. Anas worked for the Prophet (peace be upon him) for ten years, and not once did the Prophet (peace be upon him) strike or even reprimand him.

Anas said, “I served the Prophet at home and on journeys. By Allah, he never said to me for anything which I did: ‘Why have you done this?’ or for anything which I did not do: ‘Why have you not done this?’” (Sahih Bukhari and Muslim)

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “When your servant prepares food for you and lays it for you — while he has suffered the inconvenience of heat and smoke when cooking — you should ask him to sit down and share the meal.”

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, “They (servants) are only your brothers. Allah has placed them in your care. So whoever has a brother under his care, then let him feed him from what he eats himself, clothe him with what he clothes himself. Let him not overburden him with that which he cannot bear. And if he overburdens him, then let him lend him a hand.”

This Hadith applies also to female servants of course.

Note: Implementation of sharia law and defense during the battle are Allah's commandments.

There's no law in the Quran that gave Muhammad authority to beat any one who drank wine but Muhammad did

Narrated Anas:
That a man who had drunk wine was brought to the Prophet ( ﷺ ), so he beat him about forty times with two stalks of a palm tree. So Abu Bakr did similarly, and by the time 'Umar became Khalifah he sought council from the people. And 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Awf said: 'I see that the lightest penalty is eighty lashes,' so 'Umar ordered that.
Jami at-Tirmidhi 3:15:1443

Narrated By Anas bin Malik
The Prophet beat a drunk with palm-leaf stalks and shoes. And Abu Bakr gave (such a sinner) forty lashes.
Sahih Bukhari 8:81:764

Sahih Muslim Book 004, Hadith Number 2127.
Muhammad b. Qais said (to the people): Should I not narrate to you (a Hadith of the Holy Prophet) on my authority and on the authority of my mother? We thought that he meant the mother who had given him birth. He (Muhammad b. Qais) then reported that it was 'Aisha who had narrated this: Should I not narrate to you about myself and about the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? We said: Yes. She said: When it was my turn for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to spend the night with me, he turned his side, put on his mantle and took off his shoes and placed them near his feet, and spread the corner of his shawl on his bed and then lay down till he thought that I had gone to sleep. He took hold of his mantle slowly and put on the shoes slowly, and opened the door and went out and then closed it lightly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my waist wrapper, and then went out following his steps till he reached Baqi'. He stood there and he stood for a long time. He then lifted his hands three times, and then returned and I also returned. He hastened his steps and I also hastened my steps. He ran and I too ran. He came (to the house) and I also came (to the house). I, however, preceded him and I entered (the house), and as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'Aisha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain,...
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
All these are religious fallacies!

Let all the Muslims on this planet come together and produce in one volume the story of Muhammad from birth till death just as four Jewish writers did regarding Jesus of Nazareth.

Leave the rest for readers to conclude on what type of person this Muhammad was through the complete story of his life.

We don't need any STRONG or WEAK story, even if it means a modern day fabricated and seasoned story line, at least each person should be able to grab a copy as the Christians made Jesus' story available to everyone! smiley
Re: Domestic Violence: Prophet Muhammad Never Beat Any Human Throughout His Lifetime by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
@op. Which book did you get these stories from? Can you recommend one that is genuinely historical rather than mythical? I am sure that such a religiously reverred figure would have many myths surrounding him just as Jesus, the Buddha, etc have.

Also, if one wanted to study Islam from a Muslim's perspective, which books would you recommend? It is essential to hear all sides before forming an opinion. Unfortunately, the requirement to swear an oath in the islam section; while understandable; does not permit non muslims to make enquiries when something interesting catches the eye.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop It! Little Things You Do In Church That Is Making God And Jesus Very Angry / Priests Slumps, Dies During Sunday Mass / Pastor Odumeje Miracles Are Fake (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.