Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest (29002 Views)

Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults / FG Begins N20,000 Cash Transfer In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by nairavsdollars(f): 10:24am On Feb 03, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi on Monday said Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu must have considered the interest of a greater percentage of Lagosians before deciding to ban Okada and tricycles in some parts of the state.

Speaking on Channels Television programmed ‘Sunrise Daily’, the Minister who was a former governor of Rivers state said he also took the decision to ban Okada during his tenure as some people were using it to rob and kidnap people.

He, however, said banning Okada and tricycles without provision of alternatives may force people to go into crimes, as their means of livelihood has been taken away from them.

“I don’t know the reason why the governor of Lagos banned Okada and tricycles, only he could tell because, for a governor, the interest of the larger society far outweighs that of a particular group of people”.

“He must have made the decision based on the interest of the larger majority of Lagosians. Now he also has a problem to face. I’m sure he must have addressed it in his mind before he took that decision”.

“One of them is an increase in crime because all those Okada and tricycle riders are providing for themselves a means of livelihood”.

“Now if you ban it and there is no alternative, the chances are that some of them may go to crimes. But believe me, he may have made that decision based on the interest of the greater majority” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/okada-ban-sanwo-olu-took-decision-in-the-greater-public-interest-amaechi/

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by hisexcellency34: 10:46am On Feb 03, 2020
We were not consulted before he did it

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by revenge001: 6:32am On Feb 04, 2020
first time, this big tommy evil minister will say something nice
useless country

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by otokx(m): 7:18am On Feb 04, 2020
Hmmm cool
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:35am On Feb 04, 2020
God bless you Mr minister..
Pls hlp me ask him what alternatives he got for us..
Ask if him with the outrageous population do we have enough public buses to move people conveniently to ther destinations at any given
time?
Lastly let him move his office to Apapa or mile 2 pending the time we will have a solution to this so called public interest decisions...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by psalmsmiles(m): 8:53am On Feb 04, 2020
What do you expect from a government that acts before thinking?
Personally, i feel the LASG wants to capitalise on the imminient insecurity rise to avert funds to fighting the robbery and kidnapping they caused and looth the same fund.
But what do i know sef?

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by frankmoney(m): 9:16am On Feb 04, 2020
Okada was also banned in ph during amaechi tenure but he restricted them to some LGA , and also Keke is allowed to operate on Street and smaller roads not express . I think Lagos should consider allowing them operate in smaller roads . Although Keke is better than okada

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2020
It is well...
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Kendumazy(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2020
Love the part where he said "crime rate will increase". That's it.

Let's handle your ebay/Amazon orders. Check my signature below for more details.
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Iyajelili(f): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2020
The action by Sanwolu is good but he should have provided alternatives to ease the stress of it's citizens and yes, crime rate will definitely increase

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by NOC1(m): 9:17am On Feb 04, 2020
revenge001:

useless country

How useful are you, what have you done to make the so called useless country Useful?
you guys only derive joy in dishing out insults from your phones.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by AIIahuAkbar: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2020
Great, at least let's have one sane city in Nigeria
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by saheedbadmus(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2020
Well he said d truth though but I feel he ameachi can call sanwo olu and discuss personally instead of guessing.. okada and tricycles are also means of transportation and it still falls under his ministry.. and I feel sanwo olu isn't considerate at all.. okada and tricycle is the means of transportation for we poor men.. this rich pep have there private cars.. God av mercy on the poor ..

No matter the event you are holding always make sure you provide adequate security cos security comes first... Call on SANTOMA SECURITIES lets get your event secured at an affordable rate.. our Bouncers are well Equipped,Well trained with lots of years of experience.. for inquiries check my signature

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by philip0906(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2020
revenge001:

useless country
Amaechi has always been a blunt human. He never sugar coats anything.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Horus(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggSfl5aUpc

Okada and Keke ban: Lagos residents react

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2020
No pain no gain . It does hurt to see these people loose their means of livelihood, however the transport sector can only improve if Okada and Keke go extinct.

Think about this if you are an investor, will invest millions of naira and pay taxes to compete with independent operators that run tax free

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Afrikween(f): 9:18am On Feb 04, 2020
Mumu polithiefcians everywhere especially Nigeria undecided
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Neddstark: 9:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Sanwo-olu just showed that Ambode may be right about his drug abuse history. 6momths ago, he endorsed Gokada only to sniff like Baba Tinubu and kill their business

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Tolani1122(m): 9:19am On Feb 04, 2020
Wooooow amechi get sense today , make una clap for am.
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by africandollar: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020
Bros we know na, many of those Fulani dey disguse as Okada riders now with better AK-47 inside their seats. I support the O'trek initiative until we find an alternative solution that would not endanger the lives of my fellow Lagosians.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Akeem79(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020
Three things you can't take away from lagidi government no matter who the governor is are ...

Simple, fast and effective grin

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by mimilogs: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020
If a former Okada rider or Keke rider decides that the best option for him to survive is to start robbing innocent Lagosians off their hard earned money or properties just because of a policy made by the ruling class, then it is left for the Nigerian Police in Lagos to decide if that is acceptable or not!

There is no justification for crime! If Lagos state government have carried out their thorough investigations over the years and have decided that the best thing to do is to ban Okada and Keke from metropolitan areas of the Lagos state, then residents must abide by it and not resort to crime because if they do, they are breaking the law of the land and should be properly dealt with by the various security outfits in Lagos!

And please Nigerians stop encouraging these former Okada and Keke riders to go into crime with your words of encouragement like "banning okada will increase armed robbery", what nonsense justification is that angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Larryfest(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020
It should have just being okada alone he added keke to the list which is pretty harsh.
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by NotBeenPaid: 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020

But I see nothing wrong with the ban because "Lagosians" voted out Ambode for "Underperformance.".

O Te Go Ambode
Carry Go Samwo Olu

BTW, You better go get yourselves used or new bicycles else O-Trek would be your first name!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by BitcoinsMonitor(f): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2020
Lagosian will live with it...I see no reason people keep making noise about this ban, Okada is not the only means of transportation in Nigeria...after all there is legedis Benz that doesn't require queuing at the filing station.

Nobody will die if Okada cease to exist...Public Safety is much more important.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by okomile(f): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2020
Useless governor
They are pushing him, he has no say by himself.
He is doing the will/wish of his godfathers that put him in power!

Taaaaar

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by chukwuibuipob: 9:22am On Feb 04, 2020
sad agreed. .shud govt free Gokada/maxikada to operate,those kabukabuokada nor go gree.At least,Sanwo shud exclude keke maruwa from diz.
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by Kingrefreshed: 9:23am On Feb 04, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/okada-ban-sanwo-olu-took-decision-in-the-greater-public-interest-amaechi/

Hello!!! Amaechi raise your two hands and place them on your empty head and repeat after me " MY FATHER! MY FATHER! CRIME WILL INCREASE!!!

Not "may ".

Crime will surely increase !!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by twilliamx(m): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2020
The ban should remain in place.
Re: Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest by jaxxy(m): 9:24am On Feb 04, 2020
When u want to do such u have to create alternatives and consider the ripple effects of ur actions.

Don’t just do things ridiculously cos Ure the Governor without prior reorientation, explanations and warnings to sensitize people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi: Clarity On Tinubu’s Age And Postsecondary Education / Show The World Your Proof Of My $5m APC Mansion In California - Sowore / ‘we’ll Occupy Kogi If Faleke Is Not Declared Governor-elect By Jan 10’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.