Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government (73853 Views)

Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by jceesquare(m): 9:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Powersurge:
The way people report things ee. You didn't tell us how many months govt gave them. You didn't say how some of them called it a bluff and refused to move.

Fashola served them an eviction notice while in office, but their cry is that, they were not given an alternate place to go to.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by meetolu(m): 9:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos state government plans to build this place up into "modern" shops according to them and relocate the computer village from Ikeja to this place.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Naijaarchive(m): 9:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
payperpost:

its not by force to ride okada against traffic on Lagos highways , beside agriculture is lucrative now, they should just go back to their villages and make cool money in agriculture and not abandon their villages for herdsmen

Lol how brilliant... They will get land today, plant tomorrow, harvest by Saturday and start selling farm products next week...

Note: It's the right thing at the wrong time... This kind of policy needs critical planning...
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by olamakinde(m): 10:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
mysidechick:
kiss
Very bad for us that like OK where is the latest venue anybody with idea
my house
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by FODA(m): 10:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ha ojigbijigbi oh
How would I locate baba tailor that used to help me slim fit anything now
Na munu dey go boutique market
What will happen to those boys @ tarred road
Those alhiaji that sell jeans
Sunwolu
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by policy12: 10:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Veentage:
This Sanwo-Olu is just effortlessly making people more more poorer everyday, how can you ban Keke/okada and demolish a popular market that puts food on people's table within a couple of days... Haba! Nigerian politicians, fear God ooo

Same complain and complain is what most ppu like u do on sm, how will ppu survive no one ever ask if they are legitimate biz in the market, naija never border to know if the location is actually a market according to Lagos master plan,. We are so quick to blame the govt for any action taken by them and at the same time complain if things remain d way they are.

The demolition of Oshodi under bridge and oke comes to mind, this is how ppu spew rubbish in the name of writing opinion for the lesser one. No one ever thought Oshodi we be what it's today when Fashola took the first step and Ambode make it a sight to behold. Must we continue to do thing bcus of ppu that illegally erect kiosk or shop that is not in govt plan?

When El-Rufai was doing his job in Abj then this was d same outcry and outburst ppu make, today Abj is what its bcus someone dare to step on toes. I am just tired of all ds excuse of ppu turning to arm robbers bcus of govt policy that is not favorable to them, abeg commit the crime and be assure u will also do d time.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by grandstar(m): 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
I'm sure the livelihoods of a 100,000 was ruined because of this Keke and Okada BA.

The demolishion of this market will impoverish thousands more. I'm sure it's a presidential order in support of the uneconomic border closure.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by NEGZY(f): 1:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Mooreleak247: 2:10am On Feb 04, 2020
As much good this market has done for people, ranging from sellers to buyers, the place is like a Den of evil. I have lived in the hood around the market for over 25yrs. And I can categorically tell u that it's the perfect decision for the government to make. Anyone who live in the environs will agree with me.

Many of us only faults the government's plans and decisions based on sympathy. Yes sympathy alone without thinking more deep. May God help us all.

But if things has to be done the right way, and if we want our dear Country to move forward at all, let's reduce sympathy with our judgements and be real.

God bless us all
God bless Lagos state
And God bless NIGERIA.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by OnyesomJ(m): 2:53am On Feb 04, 2020
The Effect of A Pointer Governor,
#AkA point and Kill!! grin
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by k2money(m): 3:30am On Feb 04, 2020
Op it's katangora
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by rummmy: 4:46am On Feb 04, 2020
You all voted for next level so why the complain.... Please enjoy it while it last may by 2023 those that remain alive will vote wisely without sentiments....there is absolutely no opposition party in Lagos, or they don't understand the game of politics, this trying time is the time for opposition to pass a message and shine in Lagos..... Where is customer dadani
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by dotedote: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2020
extremophile:
Gatan kowa! If you know, you know.

Correct !
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Kayleb26(m): 8:57am On Feb 04, 2020
This market here represents business for thousands of individuals and families....
With this demolition, just like the Okada and keke ban; what becomes of these affected groups?

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by MICHEAL346(m): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2020
Please is it katangowa or super or the both that was demolished??
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by playboy19(m): 11:46am On Feb 04, 2020
Everybody wants to go to Dubai thereby taking billions of dollars out of the country annually. However, nobody has ever asked what sacrifice the people of Dubai made to pave the way for the development.

They want Naija to be like London, yet they want the govt to tolerate shanties at the same time. Hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by ForbesHomesNG(m): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
mysidechick:
kiss
Very bad for us that like OK where is the latest venue anybody with idea
Like since the time of former Governor Fashola, they've been saying they're moving the Computer village away from Ikeja to this Katangua location which was planned to be demolished.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by benratigan3(m): 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
iamdapsyj:
They have been served quit notice since fashola's tenure. Ambode was the one that did not follow through. I think sanwo is trying to mirror or follow what fashola did by embarking on the apc manifesto abandoned by ambode govt.

case closed
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by BlackBigBlog: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2020
Na only Songs of sorrow we go dey hear for naija !!!
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Liveagain: 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
Keziehenry:
More pics Lalasticlala
Sanwo toll gate wetin we do na.
Do you work at katankowa?
Please let e know because I need your help
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Keziehenry(m): 7:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
Liveagain:
Do you work at katankowa?
Please let e know because I need your help
i do business there.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Keziehenry(m): 7:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
MICHEAL346:
Please is it katangowa or super or the both that was demolished??
katangowa but they are not through with the demolition. the way I see it, super is among the place they will demolish.
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Liveagain: 7:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
Keziehenry:
i do business there.
Please I need your number. Or how can I reach you?
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Keziehenry(m): 7:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Liveagain:
Please I need your number.
Or how can I reach you?
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Liveagain: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
Keziehenry:
Thanks. You can delete the number now
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by 9jaRealist: 6:09am On Feb 06, 2020
GOOD MOVE!

Provide alternatives, but keep SANITIZING Lagos.

Eko oni Baje

>
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by MzBertty(f): 11:20am On Feb 27, 2020
Keziehenry:

Are traders still selling? Or did dey move to the filling station close to it...intend visiting d market soon
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Keziehenry(m): 11:55am On Feb 27, 2020
MzBertty:
Are traders still selling? Or did dey move to the filling station close to it...intend visiting d market soon
They are still there for now pending when construction will start
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by bestmutiu2019(m): 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2020
Keziehenry:

They are still there for now pending when construction will start
please are you into okrika selling if yes I will need your help and how I can contact you
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Keziehenry(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2020
bestmutiu2019:
please are you into okrika selling if yes I will need your help and how I can contact you
Yes drop ur email id or phone number
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by bestmutiu2019(m): 9:41pm On Feb 27, 2020
Keziehenry:

Yes drop ur email id or phone number
Re: Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government by Keziehenry(m): 5:28am On Feb 28, 2020
bestmutiu2019:
U can delete the number

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Surprises Her Husband With Car And House (Photos) / Video Of Nigerians Arriving CBN Office With Sacks Of Old ₦‎500 And ₦‎1,000 Notes / Konga Or Jumia: Which Is More Reliable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.