Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (51827 Views)

Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) / Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market / Fire Engulfed Katangowa Market In Agbado/okeodo, Lagos State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by BlackDonald: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
Initially existing as a remote area, and more like an abandoned space in the Abule-Egba area of Lagos, the trading district known as Katangowa Market has evolved over the years.
Asides the trading of used clothes, bags, and shoes the market is famous for, Katangowa housed a mechanic village and other businesses.
Until the Lagos state government stormed the market with bulldozers for demolition, the market was a destination for many shoppers in and beyond the shores of the state.
When Pulse visited the market on Wednesday, February 12, 2020, it observed that it is no longer business as usual for traders. Serious demolition is ongoing, and some traders who used to sit comfortably in their shops have been left with no choice but to loiter the roadside.
Traders are not the only ones affected. Sadly, some residents whose houses are built-in and around the market have been displaced. .
In a statement obtained by Pulse, the Lagos Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development said the demolition of the Katangowa Market was because of the state government's plan to relocate the Computer Village from Ikeja.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/B8qxOKCl1A9/

4 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Citytrend: 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2020
It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by alizma: 6:43pm On Feb 17, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Enwhen(m): 6:48pm On Feb 17, 2020
E don red , where poor man wan get okrika(gbogbo) clothes buy ?, Even in the PMB hardship govt ??.....

Make them kukuma share SNIPERS for Nigerians , haba mallam...na so custom dey enter stores dey sieze bags of rice , clothes .....wetin dey happened in Nigeria ??.. Are we in a banana republic ??... Our president closed borders, yet ask them to registers foreigners coming in and refused people from going out mainly in the northern borders. Bandits are killing our people , our president said we shouldn't defend ourself that it's retaliatory, Retaliatory for what ??, What biz do the citizen have with criminals ??, Our president is sick, his brain is dead but thank God he will be going for his drugs this months...May God help Nigerians...we have seen it all.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Pabloosas(m): 6:56pm On Feb 17, 2020
shocked
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by eagleu: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Everything giving way to Tinubu empire in Lagos!
It shall be well.

5 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by lyriclekidd(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Mad oo

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Goldencheese(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
This govt should take it easy o. They are really making life difficult for Lagosians without providing enough cushioning effects. It is getting too much o.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by BCISLTD: 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
angry always destroying before proffering alternatives....they will continue to treat u guys as door mats...until una get sense.....

How can a set of people be in charge of a state for so long....someone has to look at their books....

Vote them out and stop complaining

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by landforeast(m): 6:57pm On Feb 17, 2020
Behold the new Computer Village
They gradually want to frustrate poor people out of Lagos.
I wonder where people will face now considering that many States are not economically bouyant and have lesser Opportunities.

Another issue here is that people are find of building structures illgally on Lands which are not excised by Government.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Kingpele(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
cry

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by vincentjk(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
They should have good intentions by doing this, anyways let's see the modern market that'll be erected in a few months time

1 Like

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
This Lagos don dey red oooo

2 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Kendumazy(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
House and shops around that area will be high when computer village finally arrives there.

4 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by ednut1(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
one day one day i know Nigerians will revolt. we have been too docile like fools for years

10 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by olayemioshiyemi: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Every game is rigged against the poor ....

15 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by InvincibleNIGGA: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is so typical of many Nigerians (hypocritical nature)....
Though the govt also has it share of blame due...
The LASG informed them of the plan to demolish and relocate the market since 2011....
The people never saw diz coming 10-15yrs time (fact, cos they know govt don't act on time)
Same way d nearby ile-epo market went d way of TVISL (name of d new company managing ile-epo market)...
Pls don't blame the govt too much but rather give d bulk of blame to the iya-loja and baba-loja 9f d market who have been settled Buh refused to communicate duely with shop owners

15 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by olaolulazio(m): 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Madt govt
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by isram: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2020
Since this evil governor came, his missions are

MAKE THE POOR POORER

MAKE THEM JOBLESS AND HOMELESS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by agrowell: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
New Computer Village will soon spring up there.
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by solmus: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2020
cool

New Computer Village

as much as our Developer blodas selling bails of okirika have right to have a decent business, Lagos is a metropolitan state that can gain more and more from IT revolution, New Computer Village would be the Nigerians silicone Valley boasting of billions in IT revenue

3 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by MrSix: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2020
This is serious

Need US used laptop?
Are you in Lagos or Abuja?
It's pay on delivery in both locations
Chat me up via WhatsApp link in my signature below
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by 2special(m): 7:04pm On Feb 17, 2020
Alade market that was diminished about 3years ago is still there with no building

7 Likes

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by yinkus6750(m): 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2020
Sanwo just demolishing and cancelling everything.
The masses are suffering.
They won't go and demolish V I, Ikoyi, Lekki, Ajah, or those areas don't have illegal or unapproved structures?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by money121(m): 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
Lobatan
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by revived: 7:06pm On Feb 17, 2020
It's well

Come Ea smileyn
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by StrikeBack(m): 7:08pm On Feb 17, 2020
grin
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by highcadre: 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
My village, My village, My village, how many times I call una? HERE I COME

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by Thirteenblood: 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Wow
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by mytime24(f): 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2020
Bad news 4dem slayqueeN
Re: Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) by NurseJP(m): 7:11pm On Feb 17, 2020
My Guy is affected, I just pray he bounce back, bro assisted me with funds when I needed cash to travel go England, such a good fellow
Enwhen:

E don red , where poor man wan get okrika(gbogbo) clothes buy ?, Even in the PMB hardship govt ??.....

Make them kukuma share SNIPERS for Nigerians , haba mallam...na so custom dey enter stores dey sieze bags of rice , clothes .....wetin dey happened in Nigeria ??.. Are we in a banana republic ??... Our president closed borders, yet ask them to registers foreigners coming in and refused people from going out mainly in the northern borders. Bandits are killing our people , our president said we shouldn't defend ourself that it's retaliatory, Retaliatory for what ??, What biz do the citizen have with criminals ??, Our president is sick, his brain is dead but thank God he will be going for his drugs this months...May God help Nigerians...we have seen it all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New International Building Materials Market In Enugu South LGA (Pictures) / How A Man Got Duped Of $30,000 Inside FCMB In Lagos - Photos / Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.