Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,902 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Saraki Is An Ivorien Basstard Disturbing The Rightful Indigenes Of Kwara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Is An Ivorien Basstard Disturbing The Rightful Indigenes Of Kwara (762 Views)

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / 293 Rescued Women, Girls Are Indigenes Of Bumisiri Village / Dr. Sola Saraki Is DEAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Is An Ivorien Basstard Disturbing The Rightful Indigenes Of Kwara by AloyEmeka5: 8:48pm On Dec 11, 2010
[size=14pt]Saraki Is Not From Kwara By Alhaji AbdulGaniyu Folorunsho Abdulrazak[/size]
Posted: December 9, 2010 - 18:56
TheNEWS-Bamidele Johnson

Alhaji AbdulGaniyu Folorunsho Abdulrazak

Alhaji AbdulGaniy Folorunsho Abdulrazak, a former Nigerian Ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, claims to have met the father of Dr. Olusola Saraki in Abidjan in the sixties. In this interview with BAMIDELE JOHNSON, he tells the story of his friendship with the older Saraki, whose origin he gives as Abeokuta

Q: What do you know about the background of Dr. Olusola Saraki?
Well, in 1962, I was appointed Ambassador of Nigeria to Cote d’Ivoire and one of those who met me at the port as part of the Nigerian community in
Abidjan turned out to be the father of Olusola Saraki, Alhaji Muttahiru Saraki
. As an ambassador there, my second secretary in the embassy, Ignatius Olisemeka, who later became Foreign Affairs Minister, led officials of the embassy to come and meet me. That was around September or
October 1962. In those days, there was only one flight from Lagos to other West African countries. Ships plied the coast of West Africa, carrying some
passengers. One of the ships named General Mangaine travelled on the West African coast, stopping at principal ports. After leaving the Cameroons, it came to Lagos, where I went aboard together with Ado Ibrahim, who is now
the Emir of Kano. Both of us were appointed the same day as ambassadors; he to Senegal, I to Ivory Coast. We went with our respective families,
stopping at several ports along the way until we finally disembarked at Abidjan. So, I observed that the crowd that came to meet me at the port was divided into two and members of each group had flags of different colours,
saying: “Welcome, our ambassador.” One group had white and the other, green. And they were supposed to be a Nigerian community welcoming their ambassador.

Then, Olisemeka, my secretary, took me to my official residence. He was more like a permanent secretary to me. He was like a permanent secretary is to a minister. When we got home, he showed me the rooms along with my children and wife. Later, I called Olisemeka and asked why members of the Nigerian community that came to meet me were waving different banners and were standing apart, not mixing. He said I was very perceptive. I asked if they were divided and he said they were. He explained that the division was caused by a fighting over who would lead the Nigerian community. When I asked who the contenders were, he said one was called Alhaji Muttahiru Saraki, while the other was Emmanuel Alabi.

http://www.saharareporters.com/interview/saraki-not-kwara-alhaji-abdulganiyu-folorunsho-abdulrazak

(1) (Reply)

I Won't Prosecute Past Leaders - Buhari / Do Nigeria's Democracy A Small Favour / Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.