Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation (21478 Views)

Jimi Agbaje To Tinubu: There’s A Limit To Hardship Nigerians Can Endure / Jimi Agbaje wins Lagos PDP Governorship Primary / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by twilliamx(m): 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Keep quiet there! You ban people's only mode of transport without providing alternatives. Is that good governance?

It takes a lot of strength to bring change.. Vex all you want. Walking is good for you.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Perfecttouchade: 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Fire fire in our country country (daddy showkey)
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Sundrus: 2:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
E don already set...ijora dey hot right now sef sad
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by bkool7(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
14 ferries and 65 buses for a population of 18 million?
Let me just be quiet.

In London alone there are 8,600 buses in the bus fleet, operating on 700 routes, serving 19,000 bus stops serving a population. Of 8.7 million.

Eat that!

Those are apart from the metro lines and ferries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by OnyesomJ(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Otrek and Ohorse will soon be Bangrin
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Incandescent(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bkolibo:
I heard the ban was due to plot to take over Lagos by Boko Haram

If that's it..let's better thank God. And I'm glad they didn't say it before sensationalists start to
concoct fake stories
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by bkool7(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
Come out and lead a protest

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by DropsMic(m): 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmm
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by brownemmanuel43(m): 2:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
My concern is the likes of oride, gokaka, gomax etc, what will now be their fate. Govt would hv put measures in place before the existence of those companies. Some invested heavily with those companies.
Govt would hv regulated them instead of banning, this is fuckingly bad

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Kylekent59: 2:37pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kreamie:
Bike and keke riders are the most flagrant lawbreakers; from one way riding to reckless riding... They cannot be regulated. The kill switch is the only way.

Then what can you say about the innocent ones that don't rive recklessly or break the law??

Have you seen the error in your statement?
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by emifunrami: 2:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
It's wrong to call what the Lagos state government has done a ban It's a restriction. The opposition is politicising the issue without telling us what they would have done differently. No doubt the decision has its attendant adverse effects but the benefits far outweigh them.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Kreamie(m): 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
They'd have to bear the consequences of their fellow rider's actions. Aren't we we all bearing the consequences of China's actions? #CoronaVirus

Error fixed. smiley
Kylekent59:

Then what can you say about the innocent ones that don't rive recklessly or break the law??

Have you seen the error in your statement?

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by EcoBrick: 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
My concern is the likes of oride, gokaka, gomax etc, what will now be their fate. Govt would hv put measures in place before the existence of those companies. Some invested heavily with those companies.
Govt would hv regulated them instead of banning, this is fuckingly bad

Those bike hailing startups you listed must have been dumb to revolve their business model around Lagos alone. Is Lagos the only state in Nigeria? No serious business would do such. Lagos population is just roughly 10% of Nigeria's estimated total population. They should move to other states that are more receptive to bike hailing. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by AFRlCA: 2:44pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bkolibo:
I heard the ban was due to plot to take over Lagos by Boko Haram

Parts of it
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by BabaO2: 2:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
What do we really want in this country, development or stagnation or moving round the vicious circle? Okada/tricycle business has turned Lagos into a jungle city. Only Nigeria and Cotonou use Okada as a means of transportation. No sane country of the world we are dreaming of use Okada as a means of transportation. We need tough decisions like this to enable us achieve our dreams.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by lastempero: 2:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nobody is even talking about how commuters will get themselves to their various destinations

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Swallowurspit(m): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
EcoBrick:

Bro, the regulation you speak of is easier said than done. These okada people had turned Lagos to the Okada capital of Africa. Like Jimi himself acknowledged, these riders pose a serious security risk which even the police have demonstrated their inability to effectively manage, not to mention the extortionist angle on the police' part as well. Strange people from God knows where (some say from as far away as Chad and Mali) just enter Lagos in truckloads solely for Okada business. Last time I checked, Lagos isn't the only state in Nigeria. There are similar bans in effect in some other states and the riders from such states just pack themselves in trucks and enter Lagos for Okada business. It may be a bitter pill to swallow for now but I believe Lagosians would adjust to it.

Correct yan.
Firstly, Fashola several times restricted them from riding on the highways, but after two weeks they are back there with police ready to collect egunje.
Secondly, those Mali and Niger people are too much and it's a big risk for security.
Thirdly, if u think people in developed countries don't trek at all, then u missing out. Lots of my friends trek for 10-15 mins from their various homes to the nearest Metro station daily.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
BabaO2:
What do we really want in this country, development or stagnation or moving round the vicious circle? Okada/tricycle business has turned Lagos into a jungle city. Only Nigeria and Cotonou use Okada as a means of transportation. No sane country of the world we are dreaming of use Okada as a means of transportation. We need tough decisions like this to enable us achieve our dreams.

Yes because of bad roads that causes one to stay in long hours of traffic. Also because in Lagos most people have to travel far to their place of work. So they try to get the fastest means of transportation.

I bet you own your own car that is why you can write it. If you stood at the bus stop for hours on your way to work you wouldn't write all these.

The polices always have the masses suffering!

How many inner routes can the Lagos state buses ply? How many of those buses are available?
How is does it make life easier? Are the fares cheaper? NO. So what's the usefulness? Putting people out of jobs thousands of people.
The government does not have the people at heart
Regulation not ban is the answer

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by chinchonglee(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2020
Professorcplus:

Jimi should better take a chill. Sanwo Olu took a very courageous step on this issue. Afterall we have been clamoring for change and here it is. Lagosians like insanity.

There is no development in any country without any change in policies which might affect the masses but it's just for a while and in the long run brings progress. I suggest the governor should introduce a better Mass transit mediums as quick as possible to curb this menace of Lagosians treking.

Las las them go dey alright grin

You are a very big fool for this useless comment.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by chinchonglee(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
twilliamx:
Jimi should park well. I have been waiting for a governor who had the balls to do it. Lagosians like insanity. They should introduce Mass transit mediums. The government left a very important sector of the economy in the hands of illiterates for a long time. Its time to take it back to bring sanity to the state
I guess u were so dumb to understand what "RIPPLE EFFECT' is
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Dollabiz: 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2020
Oh
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by BabaO2: 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ohemababy:

Yes because of bad roads that causes one to stay in long hours of traffic. Also because in Lagos most people have to travel far to their place of work. So they try to get the fastest means of transportation.

I bet you own your own car that is why you can write it. If you stood at the bus stop for hours on your way to work you wouldn't write all these.

The polices always have the masses suffering!

How many inner routes can the Lagos state buses ply? How many of those buses are available?
How is does it make life easier? Are the fares cheaper? NO. So what's the usefulness? Putting people out of jobs thousands of people.
The government does not have the people at heart
Regulation not ban is the answer

How to regulate it. Opay, Gokada, Maxx etc are worse than the regular Okada drivers, they also don't obey any traffic rules, drive on walkways, form additional lanes on the road, scratch people's cars and run away..No amount of regulations will prevent anything.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by MarianaTrench: 3:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
Of course he will condemn it...it's part of his job description as a politician grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by emerged01(m): 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
This people play politics with everything. You don’t expect govt policy to Favour every business. Closed border—some businesses are affected.
I work in Vi,I trekked from Falomo to Vi this morning , though I could have followed obalende but I chose to trek. I’m totally in support of the ban because security in Vi is getting worse day by day.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2020
BabaO2:
How to regulate it. Opay, Gokada, Maxx etc are worse than the regular Okada drivers, they also don't obey any traffic rules, drive on walkways, form additional lanes on the road, scratch people's cars and run away..No amount of regulations will prevent anything.

Oga you and I know this thing does not affect you in any way that's why u are able to type all these.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2020
agree with, lasg needs to know that okada is a symptom of the problem not a problem.

the problem is congestion Lagos needs to be decongested, move ports to other stares like delta, rivers, aks and crs.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by slimfit1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
A Tram would have been cheaper to install and efficient. We have dead brains in this APC seriously.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
emerged01:
This people play politics with everything. You don’t expect govt policy to Favour every business. Closed border—some businesses are affected.
I work in Vi,I trekked from Falomo to Vi this morning , though I could have followed obalende but I chose to trek. I’m totally in support of the ban because security in Vi is getting worse day by day.

and you think banning okada will improve security?, if you had important appointments to make yiu d be worried.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Professorcplus(m): 3:30pm On Feb 03, 2020
chinchonglee:
You are a very big fool for this useless comment.
why resort to abusive word when you have nothing to say just shut the fu¢# up!

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
twilliamx:

It takes a lot of strength to bring change.. Vex all you want. Walking is good for you.

only good when ur a broke ass nigga, people who are economically engaged are concerned about the ban, but if all you do is to sleep onur couch yapping on soc media, i guess the ban makes you look relevant.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Condemns Outright Ban On Okada, Tricycles, Urges Regulation by hisexcellency34: 3:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
dont mind him
quentin06:

only good when ur a broke ass nigga, people who are economically engaged are concerned about the ban, but if all you do is to sleep onur couch yapping on soc media, i guess the ban makes you look relevant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"RIP APC, Gone To Soon" - Dino Melaye Mocks Party Over Fresh Crisis / Fayemi Declines EFCC Invitation, Gives Reason / Video Of Amaechi Defending The 2016 Budget Of The Ministry Of Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.