Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban (48463 Views)

Pupil Killed By Stray Bullet As Police And Keke Riders Clash In Lagos (Graphics) / Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Ijora Badia, Lagos, Burnt To Ashes (Graphic) / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Medtelly: 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
JUST IN: Serious fight and shooting going at Ijora Olopa, Lagos.

Police exchanging bullets with Okada and Napep riders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLtFHlMi9Z4

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by kunleweb: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Governor Sanwo Olu. Okada riding and Keke driving is almost the only means of livelihood for people in Apapa and Ijora axis.

Please restrain your show of force against this people. Please I'm pleading. Just the sight in the second picture says it all. How these people have against all odds clinched to hope in the hope of a better live through honest living

Let's put an end to these elitist principles that Rob's people of decent livelihood. Regulate not kill them. Go to Ikorodu axis, from agric to Isawo, agric, bayeku, move towards oke ira in Ogba, Badore, Awoyaya, Badore, Sangotedo,Ijesha to Lawanson to Ojuelegba to Sabi, central , inner Yaba routes, Onipanu, Shomolu, Palm Grove, Maryland. Please answer me the state government. If you know these areas at all.

Allow me to also mention residents of Omuokoko, Agbara, Sango axis,Kola, Agbado,Ipaja,Egbeda, Badagry, Alaba do the officials of Lagos understand the inner workings of these routes atall

Let's be gentle with the forceful approach to life's issues. These are humans. If Lagos State has alternatives, let them register their bikes and then present them after which the buses will or whatever new considerations the government have in mind be presented to these people so they can have their livelihoods and dignity intact than the use of militralistic force against human beings for the sakes of humanity. Please

I hope this is respectful of the government's desire to effect a change towards a better more improved system. We're only saying things should be done in phases.

149 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
The truth is the Government is for the people in Government not everyday Masses....

Imagine trekking to oshodi FROM ikeja

22 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Kendumazy(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
I really feel for the investors of OPAY AND GOKADA. A wrong investment this would be for them and this sends a wrong signal to foreign investors.

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by dazzlingd(m): 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
All the people that say NO to a sane society are free to go to hell!!!!

And some people are sympathizing with these okadas....very dangerous people...the disadvantage of keke and okadas obviously outweigh the advantages.

They pose a serious security threat ...

Modified: for those enemies of sanity, lovers of disorderliness, commotion and confusion quoting me,...

Pls is okada business the only business nigerians can do...is it the alpha and omega, the one and only, the messiah and saviour of our race?? Without okada business, nigerians cannot survive? Why are u such pathetic lowly thinkers, poverty is indeed beyond bank account, it is indeed a bastard of the mind...
I weep for your mindsets...

Okada must go, if e pain u, relocate to Niger or chad

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by solmus: 7:45pm On Feb 03, 2020
grin

Point and Do Governor don cut their ticket

una no get car but na you go first call MC Oluomo Agbero, una no get levels for Lagos but na you go first call Lagos No mans land, you no say Tinubu runs things yet you come online to fault his policies

Yoruba Agenda
*Amotekun out..
*Lagos economy reposession through market demolition and re-alocation, given rights over FG asset in southwest to yorubas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nawa
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by femtex007(m): 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
It's just so unfortunate that all the laws in Nigeria is strictly for the poor masses. It's a shame for someone we voted to bring succour is now the one inflicting pain on us.

5 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
You can not solve a problem by creating another problem..

Why place a ban when you didn't provide an alternative?

Banks, especially the Microfinance are in trouble.

Those who took loan and those who used pensions to invest in marwa are in trouble..

Many of this riders rely on this daily income to feed their families but now they are now jobless..

Gokada investors?
Opay investors?

Now the policemen are laughing to the bank cos you just made some of them millionaires overnight..
Oga sanwolu Olu if you are really serious about this, kindly move you office to Apapa or mile 2 The Lagos state House of Assembly members should do the same too...

Let's see how convinent it is for you and the assembly members.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by EzeNdiAra: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
We are tired of this country

24 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by StarUp: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Short Cut Association of Nigeria (SCAN) have created this 14 minutes shortcut from Ijora to Ikeja... Contact me for details grin

11 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Mistaicey2288: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
Issokay. E don finally set!
I actually knew this was gonna spell trouble. This ban will definitely affect lots of people. This is the only source of income through which most of these people provide for their families. How would they cope now and where exactly do they start from with this Ban?

Yes, it's understandable that most of these people are terrible as they just drive recklessly, disobey road rules, cause traffic congestions, and some even use it for criminal activities like kidnapping, robbery etc. But all the same, the government was supposed to have at least made alternative provisions before enforcing this ban and also, perhaps enough notification of the intended Ban should have been given before now in order to enable them make other plans..

8 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by americaninja1: 7:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by goodnessme1(f): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
Banning of okada and keke in lagos is an attack to northerns.
Just because northerns were against illegal Amotekun group.

9 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
Nigeria, Okada headquarters of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yusufu16: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
I honestly commend Sanwo for his doggedness.

A mega city like Lagos should not allow okada to deface the beauty of the city. Its painful at the beginning but everyone will be happy soon.

Abuja banned okada and keke heavens did not fall. Look Abuja is now cleaner.
Yola banned okada
Borno banned okada
Kano banned okada
the list of states banning okada continues. Its good for our safety and beauty of our major cities

There are other places they can operate in the surburbs but not in the city center.

Kudos to Gov. Sanwo

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by dazzlingd(m): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
Governor Sanwo Olu. Okada riding and Keke driving is almost the only means of livelihood for people in Apapa and Ijora axis.

Please restrain your show of force against this people. Please I'm pleading. Just the sight in the second picture says it all. How these people have against all odds clinched to hope in the hope of a better live through honest living

Let's put an end to these elitist principles that Rob's people of decent livelihood. Regulate not kill them. Go to Ikorodu axis, from agric to Isawo, agric, bayeku, move towards oke ira in Ogba, Badore, Awoyaya, Badore, Sangotedo,Ijesha to Lawanson to Ojuelegba to Sabi, central , inner Yaba routes, Onipanu, Shomolu, Palm Grove, Maryland. Please answer me the state government. If you know these areas at all.

Allow me to also mention residents of Omuokoko, Agbara, Sango axis,Kola, Agbado,Ipaja,Egbeda, Badagry, Alaba do the officials of Lagos understand the inner workings of these routes atall

Let's be gentle with the forceful approach to life's issues. These are humans. If Lagos State has alternatives, let them register their bikes and then present them after which the buses will or whatever new considerations the government have in mind be presented to these people so they can have their livelihoods and dignity intact than the use of militralistic force against human beings for the sakes of humanity. Please

It's not by force they stay in lagos....the law has said it does not want them again....simple!!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by kunleweb: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
H

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Lovelyn451(f): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
I really feel for these people...chai

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Jh0wsef(m): 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
ok

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by GOFRONT(m): 7:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Bad market for Bajaj products....

8 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by olaadesino(m): 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
Free these peoples

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by kunleweb: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2020
dazzlingd:

It's not by force they stay in lagos....the law has said it does not want them again....simple!!!!

Na your fault?

8 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by SouthNigerian: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
No doubt, the Lagos State Government have failed to announce an alternative plan for the ban of Okada.

But still, the ban of okada is a direct blessing to Lagosians.

Boko Haram, ISWAP, Fulani Herdsmen, Fulani Bandits have infiltrated Lagos while taking over the okada sector. They are taking advantage of the porous okada operation by obtaining local maps. Ask yourself, who have been buying this okadas for the abokiis? Their masters have.

11 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Dunnigrace(m): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kallmerb:
The truth is the Government is for the people in Government not everyday Masses....

Imagine trekking to oshodi FROM ikeja

Sir, I trekked from Ilepo to Oshodi

Ikeja to Oshodi is still an easy exercise

6 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Sayfact: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
I don't have RIP to waste oh

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by xtianchris(m): 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
When Ambode was saying somtin about ex psychiatric patient you people did not listen

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Jabioro: 7:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
Our cart is before our horse..

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by olaskul(m): 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
The more reason why they should ban Okada in Lagos... where on earth did Okada riders get guns from if not that this guys are real danger.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by helinues: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Na war o

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by BabyApple(m): 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
I work as a tricycle rider. We trekked from Oyingbo to Ikeja to protest .. We were not attended to. Sanwo olu don finish me

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta Woman Stabs Man To Death During Fight / Mob Beats Rapist To Stupor In Ikorodu (graphic Photos) / Thief With Hammer And Chisel Caught At A Shop In Anambra. See His Technique.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.