Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,238 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban (48505 Views)

Pupil Killed By Stray Bullet As Police And Keke Riders Clash In Lagos (Graphics) / Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Ijora Badia, Lagos, Burnt To Ashes (Graphic) / Soldier And A Policeman Fight In Ijora, Lagos - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by engrchykae(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
dazzlingd:

It's not by force they stay in lagos....the law has said it does not want them again....simple!!!!

very soon Lagos will be only for the elites.
Even poor yorubas won't be spared.
Today is okada and Keke, tomorrow it will be vulcanizers and mama put food vendors.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yesloaded: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by dazzlingd(m): 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
goodnessme1:
Banning of okada and keke is an attack to northerns.
Just because northerns were against illegal Amotekun group.
Stop taking drugs u have gone retard

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Slimtzy: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
eko for show
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yesloaded: 7:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
APC....OUR PARTY... NO LEAVE, NO TRANSFER!!!
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Sayfact: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
I don't have RIP to waste oh
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by solmus: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
engrchykae:
Today is okada and Keke, tomorrow it will be vulcanizers and mama put food vendors.

Mind your business, yoruba aint complaining

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Jossibest(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Most of this people have wife and children to feed,payin of rent and schools. Goverment could have provide them job before they stop them. Were will they get the job to take care of their responsibility?
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Sanwo olu plastered his posters on keke and bikes during his campaign, they weren't bad then. It's now.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Risingblue008(m): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Life
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
Dunnigrace:

Sir, I trekked from Ilepo to Oshodi

Ikeja to Oshodi is still an easy exercise
shocked shocked shocked shocked mogbe
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by kellight(m): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2020
You don't solve problem with problem
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Emmatech71(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Governor Sanwo Olu should please recall this people back to there work.

It's becoming unbearable for both the Riders and everybody.

I'm pleading.�
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by engrchykae(m): 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
solmus:

Mind your business, yoruba aint complaining
when it comes to that level,more igbos will make it more than yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yusufu16: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
engrchykae:

Stop thinking like a poor man. Yes its better you hustle and be among the elites that will stay in LAgos.

7 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by youngestgrad(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
EzeNdiAra:
We are tired of this country

We are fed up and exhausted, This country has removed my fear of death.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by EdiskyHarry: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
this is the only place, only time, and the only set of people our police will show their strength
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by solmus: 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
engrchykae:
when it comes to that level,more igbos will make it more than yorubas.

this is super story, why not develop your region Mr developer

8 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by xpmode(m): 7:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:
I really feel for the investors of OPAY AND GOKADA. A wrong investment this would be for them and this sends a wrong signal to foreign investors.

this happens because of those foreign and local investors. a lot of bloody capitalist have invested heavily on Lagos transportation and must be pleased. still wondering why they kicked out ambode, here is one of the reason.

To these capitalist money has no soul, they invest and expect a ROI at agreed time, by the time the investors start making their money, they wont trouble okada and keke riders again.

But Tinubu na one imperialist leader

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by AuwalYusuf812(m): 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
Waiting this governor won turn Lag to sef
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yusufu16: 7:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
Jossibest:
Most of this people have wife and children to feed,payin of rent and schools.
Goverment could have provide them job before they stop them.
Were will they get the job to take care of their responsibility?

I don't know why some Nigeriens always bring sentiments and sympathy to anything good. So the Gov. should allow any dick and harry from all over the country to come to Lagos just because they have families to carter for.

There are other businesses people can do aside okada/keke riding to survive in Lagos. We need to support the government on this.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Neddstark: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
The population of Lagos is more than 20 million.
Of these, more than 4 million are in need of transportation every day.
Lets say to solve these, there are 1 million personal cars and 50,000 buses to transport Lagosians
What now happens to the rest of people?

Sanwo-Olu, Tinubu and the whole Nigerian government are in inconsiderate bunch. They dont deserve the authority they unfortunately have.
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
yusufu16:
I honestly commend Sanwo for his doggedness.

A mega city like Lagos should not allow okada to deface the beauty of the city. Its painful at the beginning but everyone will be happy soon.

Abuja banned okada and keke heavens did not fall. Look Abuja is now cleaner.
Yola banned okada
Borno banned okada
Kano banned okada
the list of states banning okada continues. Its good for our safety and beauty of our major cities

There are other places they can operate in the surburbs but not in the city center.

Kudos to Gov. Sanwo

Pls just answer is Lagos a really mega city? Mega in terms of what pls?
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by emeka1759(m): 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
BabyApple:
I work as a tricycle rider. We trekked from Oyingbo to Ikeja to protest .. We were not attended to. Sanwo olu don finish me
it is well bro
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by ivolt: 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendumazy:
I really feel for the investors of OPAY AND GOKADA. A wrong investment this would be for them and this sends a wrong signal to foreign investors.
Foreign investors my ass!
Okada movement has been restricted since Fashola's tenure.
But the "investors" who have no regard for local laws didn't care.

2 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Correcto: 8:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
They will become a better threat when they turn to kidnapping and arm robbery. You have to create an alternative before banning them. Or you regulate them.
dazzlingd:

All the people that say NO to a sane society are free to go to hell!!!!

And some people are sympathizing with these okadas....very dangerous people...the disadvantage of keke and okadas obviously outweigh the advantages.

They pose a serious security threat ...
Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by solmus: 8:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
Yomboy4ever:

fifth largest economy in nigeria yet the smallest state, home of the most forbes millionaire in Africa, most expensive land per square feet in west africa (ikoyi) Africa (banana island, eko atlantic) lagos is extra mega

4 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by MrColdsweat: 8:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
kunleweb:
Governor Sanwo Olu. Okada riding and Keke driving is almost the only means of livelihood for people in Apapa and Ijora axis.

Please restrain your show of force against this people. Please I'm pleading. Just the sight in the second picture says it all. How these people have against all odds clinched to hope in the hope of a better live through honest living

Let's put an end to these elitist principles that Rob's people of decent livelihood. Regulate not kill them. Go to Ikorodu axis, from agric to Isawo, agric, bayeku, move towards oke ira in Ogba, Badore, Awoyaya, Badore, Sangotedo,Ijesha to Lawanson to Ojuelegba to Sabi, central , inner Yaba routes, Onipanu, Shomolu, Palm Grove, Maryland. Please answer me the state government. If you know these areas at all.

Allow me to also mention residents of Omuokoko, Agbara, Sango axis,Kola, Agbado,Ipaja,Egbeda, Badagry, Alaba do the officials of Lagos understand the inner workings of these routes atall

Let's be gentle with the forceful approach to life's issues. These are humans. If Lagos State has alternatives, let them register their bikes and then present them after which the buses will or whatever new considerations the government have in mind be presented to these people so they can have their livelihoods and dignity intact than the use of militralistic force against human beings for the sakes of humanity. Please
See beyond the picture.

The fulanis have exponentially multiplied in Lagos because of this okada business.

Their ruling class import them from other west African countries and give them all okada to ride down here in Lagos.

They've hijacked the okada business in Lagos. They're now everywhere in Lagos, every junction. When there's a religious crisis, you'll see the monsters they'll become.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by Yomboy4ever(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
goodnessme1:
Banning of okada and keke in lagos is an attack to northerns.
Just because northerns were against illegal Amotekun group.

Northerners don't ride keke marwa, and how many aboki dey ride Gokada or Opay? Oga talk another thing what is wrong is wrong it has nothing to do with d tribe

1 Like

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by yusufu16: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Yomboy4ever:

Whether you like it or not, Lagos is a mega city. I don't know why you want me to explain what a mega city is. Lagos is the biggest and the most important city in Nigeria.

Gov. Sanwo is doing everything possible to sanitize the city. We complain about our government but when the government takes one bold step, we all shout - oh its against the poor - oh how can people feed - oh this - oh that. This bold step will affect both the rich and the poor. But we need to give government a chance. THe govt. didnt just wake up one night and decided to ban okada and keke.

3 Likes

Re: Gunshots As Police, Okada And Keke Riders Clash In Ijora Lagos Over Ban by kunleweb: 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
MrColdsweat:
See beyond the picture.

The fulanis have exponentially multiplied in Lagos because of this okada business.

Their ruling class import them from other west African countries and give them all okada to ride down here in Lagos.

They've hijacked the okada business in Lagos. They're now everywhere in Lagos, every junction. When there's a religious crisis, you'll see the monsters they'll become.

It shouldn't be so swift

Doesn't mean Keke should be banned immediately. Do the fulanis dominate Keke too. Things should be put in place to cushion the effects of the sudden policy change.

When your president was granting visa on arrival and operating an open border policy, did you guys not envisaged that after effects would occur?

If the fulanis is what's been challenged then korope and Keke should be allowed to function as well as thenlikes of Gokada, Maxokada and other cooperate bikes and then phase it out in phases. Lagos has always had a cultist internal system where some unseen faces determine what affects lives makes swift decision not minding consequences leaving people at the mercy of government.

This is inhumane. When America instituted visa ban under Trump did you lots not shout similarly too? When South Africa struck, did people not shout. ..Why then should this be any different

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Delta Woman Stabs Man To Death During Fight / Zenith Bank Robbery: IMSU Graduate Arrested / "My Husband Ties Me Up And Rapes Me Daily" - Lagos Woman Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.