Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,207 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative (45190 Views)

Enugu: Keke, Okada And Tiper Union Leaders Say Hoodlums Responsible For Crimes / Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos / Buhari’s Government Promises 2 Geo-political Zones 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
meum:
This should have been in place b4 the ban
what do you expect from leaders who lack the most basic common sense?
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Neurotika: 10:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Tosdam:
There is big money in transportation especially in a busy place like Lagos... You think the state government is concerned about mega city. Did you know the huge amount of money the state government will generate if it controls transportation business singhandedly?

You're one of the few trying to think intelligently. However, substitute 'state Government' with 'the cartel controlling the state government' and you'll get the real picture.

We're dealing with a cruel syndicate of selfish bastards more concerned with monopolizing the transport system in a bid to ensure they lay claim to most of the revenues that the former deregulated system enjoyed. No one audits the procurement process of these contracts. They'll award contracts running in multiples of billions in the name of 'palliative measures' which will as usual be diverted to private pockets. After a while they'll loosen their stance on the ban, but their aim has been achieved anyway.

Since 1983 till date over $1.5b has been spent in the name of revamping the transport system in lagos yet nothing works!. No one is holding their leaders accountable for these. They're more concerned with Plebeians using bikes to escape the demonic traffic situation caused by their age long corruption.

The ban is just a smoke screen for a bigger fraud. Unfortunately, the heist will continue since the population have majority as illiterates.

3 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by TruthinAction: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
Alternatives? Medicine after death. I think we need to review our system of government. Democracy is not working in Nigeria. If it is the government of the people and by the people and for the people, no sensitive decision should be taken without hearing the people's voice.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Newmans: 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2020
If you are from the south east I want to tell you that this ferry or canu and boats Lagos States want to introduced is not for you pls find your way on the roads this is time for them to perfect there plans, they promise you that they are going to ferry you in to Lagoon pls be careful for nothing Our Great God shall save all of us long live fed rep of Nigeria long live S east!!.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Tapout(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
which alternative?? Lekki to new market is now 100box once u pass new market, anywer u drop all the way to eko roundabout is now 150 sad

Besides the number of touts I saw at lekki bustop will make me think twice passing there at night
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Done2009: 11:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
Its unfortunate we're still developing at this pace in naija, that's why we can't meet up with the developed outside world because plans are in place and its in phases, long term, mid term and short term plan and its economic impact on the citizens.
What are their plans for the people, do they have enough buses to serve the people before this action is in play, even the so called additional 65 buses if added alone to toll gate-oshodi route can't be enough not to even talk of other parts of Lagos. No accurate data taken to evaluate the number of buses they need now as a matter of urgency and dispatched them accordingly to the routes before the ban.
Also, are the roads motorable? What drastic measures is being taken to see that they are put in shape and maintained regularly. Major reconstruction are ongoing here and there and at a slow pace, inner roads needs to be tarred and repaired where needed before this could be implemented.
What efforts are they making to see that ancient of days light rail project starts working. I wonder when other 8 rails projects in Lagos master plan will be implemented (doubt if na this generation).
Its only in naija government flags off projects with ceremony and its only here we commissioned projects I.e roads meanwhile that's their primary responsibility. I recollect when Jonathan came to flag off lagos-ibadan express road, can u imagine they cripple the economic activities along Lagos shagamu interchange for that purpose, yet its still under construction. Other civilized countries plan, execute it to relieve the pains of the people, they don't delay nor renege from the plan but the reverse is the case here. Hmmmm, we want to develop indeed. I hope they check out on sister African countries nigerians are underrating and see the level of development going on there I'd it is justified to the level of their economy or not.
Nigeria we hail thee.
Since I was born it has been up NEPA and till now is still same and nobody is sure of its stability. What is wrong with our own electricity. Naija wake up.

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by sainthumble: 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
osazsky:
I an with u on this..our youths are too lazy common trekking they are all complaining ok assuming the whites didn't make cars for us wont they trek nonsense

And u will surely trek

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by yeldey: 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2020
This bus is available for sale, you can use it for transport business

https://www.nairaland.com/5635053/clean-t4-volkswagen-transporter-bus
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Guest2017(m): 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2020
[quote author=festacman.....
By the way, did Gov. Sanwo-Olu sound out the APC members at grassroots for feedback before this ban? I hope he analyzed the political implications come 2023 elections because Jagaban wouldn't blink before throwing him under the bus and nearer the tyres for maximum impact.[/quote]

Directly under the tyres will give maximum impact.
Additionally, this is in no way the solution to thr problem. Distance commutes ain't the challenge. The issue is about short distances. How do I move from obalende to Vi? Or from Eko Hotel to Adeola Odeku? Will one of your 69 buses transport me?
It's apparent you guys ain't thinking. You need to immerse yourself into what's going on in your environs to be able to come up with appropriate laws.
A lot of Lagosians can testify to the hardship they faced today in commute.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Horus(m): 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ggSfl5aUpc

Okada and Keke ban: Lagos residents react
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by omohlexy: 11:39pm On Feb 03, 2020
Lagos has always been known as a danfo and Molue state. Why all these fuss about keke and okada. The way these guys are wrekless you will be grateful for the BAN
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by bodyloveghetto(m): 11:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
at ikotun on 2nd of Feb, over 100 bike+keke bailing was at 10k each... Please who is fooling who, police de chop though while keeping the law. this won't work, this happen at fashola tenure and guess what!!!?
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by generalwo(m): 11:55pm On Feb 03, 2020
Medicine after death....this should have been done before the pan.... Who ever is advising our leaders is doing a terrible job.....
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by popcykaylah(m): 12:08am On Feb 04, 2020
May God purnish sanwo olu.. the kind suffer wey I suffer today .. I paid triple the amount I usually spend and still trek it’s the end of the world ..he will not sleep in peace .. fukkking junkie

2 Likes

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by OnyesomJ(m): 2:12am On Feb 04, 2020
Audio Alternative
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by pacespot(m): 2:20am On Feb 04, 2020
One thing with Nigerian government or anyone in the public office in Nigeria today is that, they think Nigeria is lawless, anything that is thrown at the masses is acceptable. Unlike citizens in other countries, Nigerians hardly fight back undue policies by their leaders. Like the video of military men constituting nuisance on the road recently and saying Nigerians can do nothing. How can you effect such a drastic policy without having alternative ready? Same reason why SARS will continue to harass youth despite the public outcry, what can you do is the question in the minds of the security operatives
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by selfemployed(m): 2:25am On Feb 04, 2020
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/375500-under-fire-after-ban-on-keke-okada-lagos-govt-promises-alternative.html

This should have been a gradual process.

The abrupt ban is making life difficult for people.

I just hope Ambode wasn't right when he said Sanwo was a psychiatric patient
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by petitejolie(f): 2:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Kikikikikiki this guys mean business. Them no shake at all. I believe they will provide alternative.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by citizenY(m): 2:47am On Feb 04, 2020
cry
SIRKAY98:
Sir please...why am i seeing police,military,and courier company on thesame bike that was ban by you sir? are they above the law?

Police and the military and even private security guards have already broken the rule from day one. Come to Apapa and see. Today has not been an easy one for maritime practitioners. I want to see what transport arrangements the government has for maritime operators stitching from CMA by Flour Mill, Kazuna plaza, Aeromaritime/Sifax, TCIP, Burma Road/ Creek Road etc

Those who are supposed to enforce the law are the lawbreakers.

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by adun99(f): 4:57am On Feb 04, 2020
[

The last paragraph- Sanwo Olu could.not have acted in isolation, of course, Jagaban is aware of the move.

Useless Government.

One key difference between Nigerian leaders and their counterparts in developed countries showing up once again. The critical issue of planning.

Why banning Okada and Keke when there is no alternative means of transportation in place? Why the haste? Obviously, nobody sat down to analyze the SWOT analysis of the policy and developed vital implementation stages. It is like Sanwo-Olu and his team never knew that Lagosians use Okada and Keke daily to go about their businesses.

By the way, did Gov. Sanwo-Olu sound out the APC members at grassroots for feedback before this ban? I hope he analyzed the political implications come 2023 elections because Jagaban wouldn't blink before throwing him under the bus and nearer the tyres for maximum impact.[/quote]
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by optimus106(m): 5:22am On Feb 04, 2020
Think before you act...ode
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Ladycewhy(f): 5:38am On Feb 04, 2020
sarrki:
I support the ban

The Okada caused more menace than the good

you are outside the country and yarning nonsense undecided

1 Like

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by teejet: 5:47am On Feb 04, 2020
WHICH ALTERNATIVES?

ALTERNATIVES THAT MAY NEVER

SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY!

ALTERNATIVES THAT MAY NOT MEET

THE DEMAND OF LAGOSIANS!

ALTERNATIVES THAT'LL FURTHER

COMPOUND THE PROBLEM OF

COMMUTERS RATHER THAN SOLVE IT!

LASG, THINK BEFORE ACTING!!!
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nairalandite: 5:52am On Feb 04, 2020
I am yet to fully recover from my trekking of yesterday. Just can't imagine going through the same today. God please help us.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by tiwiex(m): 5:54am On Feb 04, 2020
sarrki:
I support the ban

Did you do an objective cost benefit analysis? It's like closing the express because people get kidnapped.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 04, 2020
festacman:
One key difference between Nigerian leaders and their counterparts in developed countries showing up once again. The critical issue of planning.

Why banning Okada and Keke when there is no alternative means of transportation in place? Why the haste? Obviously, nobody sat down to analyze the SWOT analysis of the policy and developed vital implementation stages. It is like Sanwo-Olu and his team never knew that Lagosians use Okada and Keke daily to go about their businesses.

By the way, did Gov. Sanwo-Olu sound out the APC members at grassroots for feedback before this ban? I hope he analyzed the political implications come 2023 elections because Jagaban wouldn't blink before throwing him under the bus and nearer the tyres for maximum impact.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by ajebuter(f): 7:45am On Feb 04, 2020
sarrki:
I support the ban

Aburo, I'm mobile and drive, still l take okada when l need to navigate around certain places in VI ,Lekki and lkoyi because of the hectic driving experience in those places...

Banning okada is ill-timed since the government didn't provide alternatives..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Feigns Ignorance Of Wife’s Whereabouts / Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / Soldiers & Policemen Clash Over Girlfriend In Yobe, 4 Policemen & 1 Soldier Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.