Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative (45194 Views)

Enugu: Keke, Okada And Tiper Union Leaders Say Hoodlums Responsible For Crimes / Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos / Buhari’s Government Promises 2 Geo-political Zones 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by lexxyrule(m): 7:53am On Feb 04, 2020
lekanjeremiah:

My is from constain to pako-aguda

Trekked from Ikorodu to Sango. I think I love this Audio trekking. Lol
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by lexxyrule(m): 7:57am On Feb 04, 2020
Newmans:
If you are from the south east I want to tell you that this ferry or canu and boats Lagos States want to introduced is not for you pls find your way on the roads this is time for them to perfect there plans, they promise you that they are going to ferry you in to Lagoon pls be careful for nothing Our Great God shall save all of us long live fed rep of Nigeria long live S east!!.

For real you okay?
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2020
Mrtitanic:
May God punish the leaders of this country for bringing such calamity on poor Nigerians Audio alternative

why they voted for them, allowed them to do as they pleased, me thinks tje poor deserved the leaders they get.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by adesharon1: 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2020
I support the ban on okada and keke, but government should make alternative means of transportation for citizens.
Re: Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative by tsmith(f): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2020
Lagos states okada/keke napep ban on my mind!

I must admit I'm sorely disappointed at Lagos State's immature ban on Okadas and keke napep. And I thought this governor had great minds around him!

In my honest opinion, the ban is yet again another woefully executed "great idea" which is very typical of Nigerian projects; lacks adequate planning and consultation plus very rushed implementation.

Just one working day in and the hardship felt by the masses is unprecedented, add the heightened insecurity and violence spates this has brought about and you start to get a picture of the chaotic mess.

The state governments PR ain't doing great either nor have they offered plausible answers to key issues. Have they considered individuals who solely depend on their bikes as their private means of transportation. Saying powerbikes and delivery bikes are excluded just doesn't cut it. No be person wey chop belleful go afford powerbike?

Similarly, BOS's statement about alternatives being rolled out shows WIP that should have happened before not after implementing the ban. And the icing on the cake for me 'the little discomfort experienced' shows someone not intune with his representation.

So much could have been done differently and it's never too early to call off a dead on arrival project. The govt should first deliver on the promised rail services. A phased implementation should be considered (perhaps a ban on all major highways first), Fix and peg transportation costs so bus drivers do not take advantage of the populace by hiking up prices. Have unique registration for private and public lightweight vehicles similar to cars and buses. Focus on information and data management whereby everyone and vehicle is registered to an address so penalties are sent via post thereby removing from the streets the unnecessary rancour caused by officials trying to administer the law. The lack of data.and information management is the sole reason the USA imposed recent visa restrictions on Nigeria, information management is very pivotal for the success of any economy.

Invariably all of these just shows the need for a robust and strategic project management office that can adequately assess, review, consult, plan and phase out changes. I am thereby offering my consultation services �

Perhaps also learn from the
Brits, who 2 years after Brexit vote are still yet to implement, but rather performing important due diligence on how it can be implemented with minimal impact. Further transportation stats using London as an example is hereby attached and to imagine the Brits still complain about the (in)efficiency of transportation in London, they need a visit to my home country �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cyril Akunyili: IPOB May Not Be Involved In Killing Of Dr Chike Akunyili / Before You Cast Your Vote - A Message From General Buhari / Dino Melaye Out, Police Storm His Residence To Arrest Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.