Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United (1751 Views)

Video Of Ighalo's Lekki, Lagos Mansion. Money Is Good / Odion Ighalo Not Released By Al-shabab, set To Miss AFCON / Ighalo Not Worth £20m – Neville (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by solbase10(m): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2020
Former Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has slammed Manchester United’s loan move for Odion Ighalo describing it as an act of “desperation”, Completesports.com reports.

United completed a six-month loan deal for Ighalo from Chinese Super League club Shanghai Shenhua on transfer deadline day.

Ighalo was brought in as a replacement for the injured Marcus Rashford.

But Warnock who took Cardiff from the Championship to the Premier League in 2018, is not convinced it would be a good move for the club.

“I am not sure if it’s the right one, if I’m honest – not for Man Utd,” Warnock said on Sky Sports.

“I just think it is too up in the air. I don’t think he has been that consistent and I don’t think he is the right type of player.

And Warnock was not convinced it would be a good move for the club.

“I am not sure if it’s the right one, if I’m honest – not for Man Utd,” Warnock said on Sky Sports.”I just think it is too up in the air. I don’t think he has been that consistent and I don’t think he is the right type of player.

“I think they have gone for the younger element at the minute and I don’t understand why they didn’t go for a Danny Ings, somebody like Danny Ings. He’s 27-years of age, English and similar to a Rashford-type of player.

“I think it is a little bit in desperation. But I think the Josh King thing was a bit of a last-minute thought.

“But I think Josh King would have been better than this for the way that they are building.”

Though United have endured their fair share of troubles of late, Warnock has paid credit to the way they are trying to rebuild the squad.

The former Sheffield United and Crystal Palace added: “I think it is the right way that they are building with Wan-Bissaka and James – people like that. That is the way forward.

“They are so far behind Man City and Liverpool – they are five years behind them.

“I think they have got to bring the youngsters back in and almost bring a Busby Babes team back into the squad and get the fans behind them that way.”

Log on to www.completesports.com to read more interesting news like this. @completesportsnigeria @Completesports #breakingnews #sports #news ##sportsnews #caf #football #footballnews

Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by dominique(f): 6:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Let him make a few caps first before jumping to this conclusion, oversabi championship coach

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by Kingrexyl(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Badbelle will not kill that white man, look at how he just jump into conclusion, he should better face his stupid team.
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by codemaniacs: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2020
zz

2 Likes

Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
The last time Warnock was in the PL, I suffered countless bouts of brain fatigue watching his horrible Cardiff squad play. Now, he's going to give us lectures on good players

Sweet.

He should just focus on changing his old-fashioned, kick-and-follow style of football so that he can get a new victim to take to the relegation zone cos that's what he's good at.

No wonder he has just 27 wins in 112 EPL matches as manager.

Josh King better than Ighalo. Such a f**king drunk.

2 Likes

Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by MYSTIC19(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
This warnock guy shuld give the young lad a break..
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by AstroG: 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
[s]
dominique:
Let him make a few caps first before jumping to this conclusion, oversabi championship coach
[/s]

The man is actually correct,ighalo isnt fit for Manchester United.

Ighalo is too static to be a United player

GGMU
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
AstroG:
[s][/s]

The man is actually correct,ighalo isnt fit for Manchester United.

Ighalo is too static to be a United player

GGMU

Warnock knows nothing about football.

Even in England, his style of coaching is often branded 'old-fashioned'. So, if anyone has the right to say anything at all as far as any issue regarding modern football is concerned, then it shouldn't be Warnock.

He's only good at coaching clubs all the way back to relegation.

Has he fared any better in the area of player recruitment himself? Take a look at all the teams he has coached in the PL. He ought to zip it.

1 Like

Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by ruzell86: 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
This lazy and bartered English coach. Lampard that started coaching just few years ago, is more recognized than him that has been in the game for so long.
It seems his cranium has once been War-Knocked. A med. test would reveal more. Oluya.
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by NextD18: 8:31am On Apr 05, 2020
dominique:
Hello Dominique, got something I'll like to relate to you. How do I reach you.
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by Lica2baby(f): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2020
If better person talk I for understand but not this one who as a failed coach
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by Jokerman(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2020
Lol... Who is Neil Warnock??
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by dominique(f): 11:39am On Apr 05, 2020
NextD18:

Hello Dominique, got something I'll like to relate to you. How do I reach you.

Private message. Let me know once you've sent it
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by NextD18: 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
dominique:

I just did.
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by NextD18: 3:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
dominique:

Seen?
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by Miles2345(m): 6:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Wondering what games to stake with the Leagues still suspended till further notice? Our Virtual Leagues offers juicy odds on multiple markets. Check it out and start cashing out big.

#VirtualLeague #wgb #weareback #betting #gambleresponsibly�
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by PureGoldh(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2020
Na jealousy dey worry dz man...why he wants pour sand inside garrj wey Ighalo don pour milk finish ? undecided
Re: Warnock: Ighalo Not Good Enough For Manchester United by killer33(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
27 EPL wins still get mouth

(1) (Reply)

Man U Credits Ighalo’s Account With N29.45M / 2010 Fifa World Cup-get Live Scores Of Your Favourite Teams As An Sms / Photo Speaks....olymprick!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.