Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Kingdom Without Borders - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kingdom Without Borders (300 Views)

Emu Kingdom Deserves More Development: Hrh Imasiemhojie Aidenojie / Life In Vene-ah Kingdom / KINGDOM'S FALL * REBOOT IN THE MAKING* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kingdom Without Borders by Sommypan(m): 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2020
The two burly guards carried the short, squat man between them, and I watched with interest as his legs dangled in the air. It was a comic show, the man twisted and writhed, trying to break free from the hold of guards, but he might as well have been trying to move two mountains. The guards didn't as much as twitch in cognisance of his efforts. When they got to the building where I was holding a meeting with my advisors, they tossed him like a rag on the floor.

"Greetings, my king," Achala, the chief border guard of my kingdom said. He was a mountain of a man; well over six feet with arms and calves the size of tree trunks. He had hard, piercing eyes and was the strongest man in all the lands of the Seven Rivers.

"Achala, the great warrior! Who is this man?" I asked. The other chiefs were visibly incensed at the way our deliberations had been interrupted. That was the way of Achala; it was as if the only authority he acknowledged and respected was mine. I had thought of sanctioning him many times, but I would remember his battle exploits and the fact that my kingdom had enjoyed five years without any form of outside trouble. Other kingdoms feared the Lion of Obodoako kingdom.

"My king," he began, "we found this man at the border with Ichere kingdom. We questioned him, but has refused to talk, saying that he would talk to only you. But I have the feeling that he is an Ichere spy."

After his reply, there was a collective murmuring amongst the chiefs. They were instantly agitated, and had every right to be. The people of Ichere have always been our enemies and were looking for ways to infiltrate our kingdom. The recent information we had was that they had accepted the strange men that have landed from the sky; those men whose skin were white, and who spoke through their noses.

Read more ➡️
https://www.thezenpens.com/2020/02/03/kingdom-without-borders/

(1) (Reply)

Recommend A Book / Professional Portrait Drawing Artist Near Me / The Ancestral Arrow (part 17)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.