Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum (11334 Views)

Protest: Police Warn Against Violence As Labour Gives Fresh Condions / N35000 Wage Award: Labour Gives Govs Ultimatum, 61 Million Nigerians To Get N1tn / Video: Soludo Finally Gives Anambra A Standard Govt House And Governor’s Lodge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by BlackBigBlog: 8:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
THE organized labour in Anambra State on Monday gave the state government a 14- day ultimatum to implement the new minimum wage or be prepared to face industrial action.

At an emergency meeting of the state executive council of the organized labour in Awka, the unionists expressed dissatisfaction with the implementation of the January 24 agreement with the government on the issue.

The state chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, (NLC), Jerry Nnubia said what is being implemented fell short of what the labour negotiated with the government.

He said: “The SEC decided to meet on the issue and took the necessary decision. We are dissatisfied and we frown at the decision of the government to renege on the agreement.

“We hereby give the government a 14- day ultimatum from today, after which the organized labour would not guarantee industrial harmony in the state.

“The state government did not follow the agreed chart with the organized labour in the state and as far as we are concerned, the difference we saw in the salaries of workers in January was just a bonus which government decided to give to workers.”

Source ; https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/minimum-wage-labour-gives-anambra-14-day-ultimatum/

Am From Anambra State , So let me tell the world what happened !!!

The Anambra State Government Increased the Salary of the workers ... the never paid the minimum wage !!!

When you hear increament now you will think adding big money to their salary !!!

The Junior workers who normally earn estimate of 36k Per month is now receiving between 36k - 38k (extra 2k added)

While the senior workers (Level 16 Officers) Former salary 141k ... New Salary 147k (Extra 6k added)

So the Highest of amount added to workers in Anambra State is 6k ... This is very Bad !!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Flyingngel(m): 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2020
Some politicians by the time they leave office, they will use the ill gotten wealth to battle different kind of sickness.
how can people be so heartless!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by BlackBigBlog: 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2020
Flyingngel:
Some politicians by the time they leave office, they will use the I'll gotten wealth to battle divide kind of sickness.
how can people be so heatless!

Dear the HEAT too much

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Flyingngel(m): 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2020
BlackBigBlog post:

Dear the HEAT too much.

Na you sabi.
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by BlackBigBlog: 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2020
Flyingngel:
BlackBigBlog post:

Dear the HEAT too much.

Na you sabi.

You Need Fan

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Dikegodspower(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
BlackBigBlog:

Source ; https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/02/minimum-wage-labour-gives-anambra-14-day-ultimatum/

Am From Anambra State , So let me tell the world what happened !!!

The Anambra State Government Increased the Salary of the workers ... the never paid the minimum wage !!!

When you hear increament now you will think adding big money to their salary !!!

The Junior workers who normally earn estimate of 36k Per month is now receiving between 36k - 38k (extra 2k added)

While the senior workers (Level 16 Officers) Former salary 141k ... New Salary 147k (Extra 6k added)

So the Highest of amount added to workers in Anambra State is 6k ... This is very Bad !!!

cc; lalasticlala

bro
you are right
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Dikegodspower(m): 8:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
until ebere obinna approved it,
if not labour's ultimatum will yield no result.
imagine a mugu that praise himself, that he is working *Willie is working* imagine

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Simplyleo: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2020
Very funny pipu. grin grin grin

When other states start paying, they start screaming trying to explain how 30k is less than $100.

But here they are, even the "less than $100", they can't afford to pay.

I repeat, very funny pipu. cheesy cheesy

Keep deceiving yourselves. cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Zico5(m): 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
Another set of misguided elements given ultimatum. I don't know who is better between labour leaders and APC government. No wonder this country is not moving forward.
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2020
Noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by SCORPION1902: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
14 days is too much

AUDIO NLC

unam ikot

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2020
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Good development.
These stealing governors know how to steal and loot, but the little benefits the citizens should enjoy, they are being forced to do it.
While some states with much bigger population and less revenue are paying already.

God bless our darling Daddy for signing this bill into law, the bills that the wards of wailers are praying daily for the president about.
Our once battered and raped nation will work again in our lifetime.

Anambra state : Pay Up.
God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by DropsMic(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Anambra fall my hand

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by kellight(m): 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Wait Obiano is still busy working grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by GEOANDSONS: 9:06pm On Feb 03, 2020
Obiano do something

Meanwhile, Home and Office Furnitures available

We deliver Nationwide

1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 03, 2020
38k salary under this Buhari's govt gives me bad chill.
Chai cry
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Kkings11: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Labour congress have lost its fear factor due to to their leader's dalliance with the government.
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Victory2222: 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Anambra of all people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by money121(m): 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Slawormir: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Even federal never start to dey pay
Especially tertiary institutions workers

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Simplyleo: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2020
So does it mean Anambra cannot afford "the less than $100"? grin

But I thought it is a state inhabited by the richest and most hardworking people contributing to national development while the abokki states contributing nothing are already paying. cheesy

Lol.

One jobless muppet is permanently on the site working very hard seriously tormenting simplyleo. grin grin

As soon as simplyleo makes comment, kpakam, e don cancel am. He is very hardworking. grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by b3llo(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
They are lucky their Gov approved 6k increment for everyone. What will Abia State people do now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Moventist: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2020
It's clear that the Jihadist Regime wanted to distract Christians from the Protest yesterday by :

. Sponsoring a Bomber

.The unsuccessful operations should be tagged a 'Christian' Bomber

.The implication aims to reduce the effect of the protest and give differing effects of not only Islamist portrayal of being terrorist

.However, Christians have passed it message and the church bomber in Kaduna is a Muslim

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Ivimilly: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2020
post=86352641:
Good development.
These stealing governors know how to steal and loot, but the little benefits the citizens should enjoy, they are being forced to do it.
While some states with much bigger population and less revenue are paying already.

God bless our darling Daddy for signing this bill into law, the bills that the wards of wailers are praying daily for the president about.

God bless Nigeria.
You have no shame suya man none at all
Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by Nickymezor(f): 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hmmm, this is serious undecided Obi4 do the needful as ASAP biko

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by ursullalinda(f): 9:18pm On Feb 03, 2020
Was thinking Anambra will be among the first to accept the minimum wage......this Obiano no follow

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by BabangidaHamza(m): 9:20pm On Feb 03, 2020
Dikegodspower:

bro
you are right
Haba now, I was fuming at ganduje when he increased my junior's brother salary from 31k to 39k. He's just a Secondary school teacher who has less than 3months of experience.. Some governors no get mind at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Labour Gives Anambra 14-Day Ultimatum by uchennaq(m): 9:23pm On Feb 03, 2020
Simplyleo:
Very funny pipu. grin grin grin

When other states start paying, they start screaming trying to explain how 30k is less than $100.

But here they are, even the "less than $100", they can't afford to pay.

I repeat, very funny pipu. cheesy cheesy

Keep deceiving yourselves. cheesy
post=86352641:
Good development.

God bless Nigeria.
I think you started well, but messed up at the end. My point is the $100 is not much considering the economic situation. Why don't you walk into big shops an example is shorite to make a purchase, so that you will see what your 7.5% VAT has caused. As for me, I haven't benefited anything from this govt. I just hope you're not fooling yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Election 2023: Ogun NNPP To Sue INEC For Omitting Party’s Name / Fix Federal Roads In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Beg Buhari / Fela Durotoye Is A.n.n Presidential Candidate Not Olawepo Gbenga Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.