Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium (1457 Views)

Regina Daniels And Ned Nwoko At The Stadium Cheering Super Eagles (Video) / Osinbajo Goes To Buy Ice Cream After Shettima Said He Should Sell Ice Cream / Greater Akwa Ibom > Akwa Cross: Akwa Ibom should annex parts of Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 9:08pm On Feb 03, 2020
Akwa Ibom has been squandering a good opportunity to get corprate sponsorship. Governor udom Emanuel changed the name of the stadium in 2015 to Godswill Akpabio stadium to honor the former governor. This name change was met online with mixed reactions. A better financial move would have been selling the naming rights to the stadium. The change would be a win win opportunity for the buyer and the state.

Naming rights are a financial transaction and form of advertising whereby a corporation or other entity purchases the right to name a facility or event, typically for a defined period of time. Corporations purchase naming rights to increase brand awareness and brand loyalty. One example is the American Airlines Arena in Dallas Texas which host the Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars. The company pays 5 million dollars a year. Akwa Ibom could use the corporate cash to maintain the stadium. This is revenue outside of ticket sales, concession stands and merchandise.

Naming rights deals valuations are dependent on many factors such average attendance, media coverage of the games, number of teams in the venue etc. There's plenty of consumer brands that might be interested in advertising. Akwa Ibom state should solict offers.

Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2020
Ibom International stadium was a better name honestly. If Udom has business sense he'd sell the name instead of just naming state infrastructure after former governors. If they're paying I'd prefer it be Glo Stadium, Access Bank stadium, Innoson motors stadium, Mobil Nigeria stadium, Dangote stadium etc. 2 million dollars a year would be nice.

Front page: Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 9:48am On Feb 04, 2020
I dont think Akwa Ibom has any real competition yet. It's better to get a deal like this done asap since the eagles will play in Abuja if it's available. The stadium is bigger even if it's older.
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
I added the budgeted maintenance cost for the stadium.

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/ebudget2019/eBudget/mobile/025300100100CH.html
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 3:06am On Feb 15, 2020
If you agree this proposals contact the state at your leisure. I recommend sending message to governor, Deputy Governor and ministry of housing. Thank in advance links are below.

https://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/get-in-touch/

Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by ChoCho54(f): 6:12am On Feb 15, 2020
You are making sense OP. But you know Nigerians like titles
and entitlements more than anything else. That's the reason most would abadon projects from previous administration to start a new one of same in order to have their names imprinted on it.
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by helinues: 6:14am On Feb 15, 2020
And you think Nigeria politicians are smart enough to know all this ?

BTW, the stadium is not their personal property not they are using their personal money to maintain the stadium. Africa politicians mentality

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by ChoCho54(f): 6:23am On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

BTW, the stadium is not their personal property not they are using their personal money to maintain the stadium. Africa politicians mentality
Did the OP ever say they were using their personal money to maintain the property or that the property belonged to a single individual?
Dang! You missed your drugs again.
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by helinues: 6:26am On Feb 15, 2020
ChoCho54:
Did the OP ever say they were using their personal money to maintain the property or that the property belonged to a single individual?
Dang! You missed your drugs again.

That's the problem when someone has comprehension problems and also when people already made up their minds to see whatever you comments as nonsense .

This is not artificial but inborn/inbreed hatred.

Now go back to my comments .. read and read over again to get my points..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by ChoCho54(f): 6:32am On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

That's the problem when someone has comprehension problems and also when people already made up their minds to see whatever you comments as nonsense .

This is not artificial but inborn/inbreed hatred.

Now go back to my comments .. read and read over again to get my points..
Oga face the topic!

If you don't see anything good in others, your problem not mine.

This is a public forum and whatever you write would elicit a reaction.
Writting offpoint is against the rule and my mistake was in not using the report button instead

Comprehension gbuo gi dia.
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by helinues: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2020
ChoCho54:
Oga face the topic!

If you don't see anything good in others, your problem not mine.

This is a public forum and whatever you write would elicit a reaction.
Writting offpoint is against the rule and my mistake was in not using the report button instead

Comprehension gbuo gi dia.

Why not mind your business instead of be doing Cho Cho online. You should rather get banned for derailing this thread . Cos my initial comments was still about the topics. A governor that can not maintain a stadium simply means no plans of generating income from that stadium. How on Earth is that derailing?

Even though I know the banning means nothing to you ( I am 100% sure of at least 5 monikers of yours, no be to switch).

So now, kindly go back to your shell and try as much as possible to always mind your business . It will always be good for your health
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by ChoCho54(f): 6:43am On Feb 15, 2020
helinues:

Why not mind your business instead of be doing Cho Cho online. You should rather get banned for derailing this thread . Cos my initial comments was still about the topics. A governor that can not maintain a stadium simply means no plans of generating income from that stadium. How on Earth is that derailing?

Even though I know the banning means nothing to you ( I am 100% sure of at least 5 monikers of yours, no be to switch).

So now, kindly go back to your shell and try as much as possible to always mind your business . It will always be good for your health
Only 5 monikers? You are not a good detective.

Cry baby grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Thazard(m): 11:20am On Feb 15, 2020
Our sport needs revival.
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
ChoCho54:
You are making sense OP. But you know Nigerians like titles and entitlements more than anything else.

Yeah The governor is especially weird about that. He also renamed the airport after former governor victor attah. I personally like the Ibom everything pattern. If you want to honor these people just add a bronze plaque outside.

helinues:

The bigger concern is do they care. The information is easy to understand. Besides they travel often enough to see notice thess things. The stadium maintenance isnt their personal money but reducing the cost gets the stadium closer to being a profitable venture.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bump dead thread.
Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
Oh the budget for stadium maintenance increased. For 2019. Its the same for 2020.

Re: Akwa Ibom Should Sell the Naming Rights To The Stadium by Blue3k(m): 5:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Bump

(1) (Reply)

Update On Nnamdi kanu Arrival For His parents Burial / New York Post - Islamists In Nigeria Are Destroying Christian Communities / Boko-haram War: Nigerian Army Suspends Voluntary Retirement Of Soldiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.