Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive (1614 Views)

Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace / Six Times Governor Yahaya Bello Showed He Leads Security In Kogi / 10 Times Governor Sanwo-Olu Was Pointing His Fingers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by uche87(m): 11:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu's decision to restrict the commercial operation of motorcycles and tricycles has irked Lagosians and many people have been slagging him off on social media.

The All Progressives Congress chieftain has been initially described as a man of 'many firsts' - helping set up the Lagos State Security Trust Fund, started LAGBUS and being the first to pay workers the N18,000 minimum wage in his ministry even before the Federal Government. Despite this impressive record, he also appears to be a man of 'many lies' just like many Nigerian politicians.

Below is a short list of the lies he told Lagosians when he was seeking election into office:

(1) Governor Sanwo-Olu once promised to regulate the Okada system and not ban:

Governor Sanwo-olu while speaking as a guest at The Platform in October, 2019 promised to develop a "regulation system that can account for every Okada rider in Lagos state'. Fast-forward to January 2020 when he got elected, he didn't only place a partial ban on Okada riders, he added the tricycle riders to the list.

(2) Governor Sanwo-Olu once said he will end the intractable Apapa gridlock within his first 60 days in office:

One of the richest men in Nigeria, Aliko Dangote once revealed he has lost a whopping sum of N25 billion to the perpetual gridlock at the Apapa area of Lagos State. Sanwo-olu jumped on the issue claiming he could clear the trailers within his first 60 days in office. After the 60 days, Sanwo-olu was reminded of his promise and he denied ever saying such.

(3) Governor Sanwo-Olu once claimed Lagos is the only Nigerian State that publishes its budget on a yearly basis:

While debating with political opponents on The Platform, Sanwo-Olu responded to a question on budget transparency and he said Lagos State is the only state that publishes its budget. The claim was later found to be false and misleading as Lagos only publishes summaries of its budget and does not provide details of government spending plans. Aside from this, Kaduna State under Governor Nasir el Rufai has been publishing its budget in a more robust manner.

By Osayimwen Osahon George

Source: http://www.villagetowncrier.com/2020/02/3-major-times-governor-sanwo-olu-lied.html

CC Lalasticlala Seun Ishilove Mynd44 Dominique MissyB3 Fynestboi

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by Simplyleo: 12:04am On Feb 04, 2020
Meanwhile, a village somewhere is begging for salvation but the interest is deeply on Lagos. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by Nehe007(m): 12:09am On Feb 04, 2020
All liers are liable to die young...

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by JubrinElSudan: 12:27am On Feb 04, 2020
No.4 After Ambode accused him of being a former "yabaleft patient", he LIED and denied it grin

4 Likes

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by internationalman(m): 12:55am On Feb 04, 2020
Lagos is too densely populated for okada and keke to be banned..

USA is banning them internationally they are taking it out on us citizens locally...

Ordinary Sudan, Chad, Niger, Mali etc we cannot ban...

Useless God forsaken country..

I just received a letter of commencement of procession of my application for USA visa a day before the ban.

I don't even know where I stand now as I write..

Buhari, Buhari, Buhari I hope the travel ban affects Yusuf as well. If not, someone will plant a bomb in his bag to set him up as soon as he lands in USA..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by Passionate888: 2:49am On Feb 04, 2020
Buhari sef
Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by KevMitnick: 3:42am On Feb 04, 2020
The government always lies

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by donpapa(m): 5:15am On Feb 04, 2020
Na naija politician nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by Sonnyboom: 5:16am On Feb 04, 2020
My brother this foolish Igbos no de tire. It's like there's a deliberate ploy sponsored by the likes of foolish Abaribe Kanu n Ekeremadu to tarnish anything Lagos or Yoruba.

This fools claim Tinubu is a failure and over 20 years now no single state have surpassed the achievement of Lagos yet them want him crucified. Tinubu they claim is a thief not fit for the presidency but Atiku that looted all BPE had to sell under OBJ is worthy.

The foolish Peter Obi that was segregating catholics from others, sacking other Igbos not indigenous to Anambra n using Anambra fund to further his personal biz gains with his tiny voice like that of a church rat is worthy.

I am tired of this foolish people, small time the extremely foolish ones among will tell me to leave what am doing n go n fight for their freedom n then I wonder if foolishness is load unto their brain from the womb or they inherited from their bigoted parents.

I wonder if I was the one that went to fight for South Sudan, East Timore, Cambodia, Kosovo independence b4 they were granted. Abia state as been run aground that if given a trillion year with no singular development in Lagos it can never met up. Ebonyi is the eternally condemned till eternity yet it is the best n most developed state in Nigeria that this fools will disparage daily.

Simplyleo:
Meanwhile, a village somewhere is begging for salvation but the interest is deeply on Lagos. grin grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by TheStarsAlign: 7:50am On Feb 04, 2020
Based on the soundness of logic and answers proffered during the governorship debate, I believe the ADC candidate would have been a better option but partisanship/dumb politics has so much clouded a lot of people sense of reasoning (especially the youths - they are the ones with the real power). They'd rather settle for mediocrity, lies or both.

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by uche87(m): 7:52am On Feb 04, 2020
I quite agree with you boss. Gbadamosi carried the day.
TheStarsAlign:
Based on the soundness of logic and answers proffered during the governorship debate, I believe the ADC candidate would have been a better option but partisanship/dumb politics has so much clouded a lot of people sense of reasoning (especially the youths - they are the ones with the real power). They'd rather settle for mediocrity, lies or both.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by Sonoyom(m): 7:56am On Feb 04, 2020
That's what you get when you vote dumb people

1 Like

Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by helinues: 7:58am On Feb 04, 2020
Why are this people not minding their business..

Is it a must for you guys to live in a city like Lagos?

Why not relocate back to your village if you cant abuse with Lagos laws?

Osayimwen is now a spokesperson for Lagosians? Rubbish
Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by ChoCho54(f): 8:07am On Feb 04, 2020
Simplyleo:
Omenka please do you have the details of the benue corper that declared for Boko Haram? I'm asking for a friend pls.
Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by JubrinElSudan: 8:14am On Feb 04, 2020
Sonnyboom:
My brother this foolish Igbos no de tire. It's like there's a deliberate ploy sponsored by the likes of foolish Abaribe Kanu n Ekeremadu to tarnish anything Lagos or Yoruba.

This fools claim Tinubu is a failure and over 20 years now no single state have surpassed the achievement of Lagos yet them want him crucified. Tinubu they claim is a thief not fit for the presidency but Atiku that looted all BPE had to sell under OBJ is worthy.

The foolish Peter Obi that was segregating catholics from others, sacking other Igbos not indigenous to Anambra n using Anambra fund to further his personal biz gains with his tiny voice like that of a church rat is worthy.

I am tired of this foolish people, small time the extremely foolish ones among will tell me to leave what am doing n go n fight for their freedom n then I wonder if foolishness is load unto their brain from the womb or they inherited from their bigoted parents.

I wonder if I was the one that went to fight for South Sudan, East Timore, Cambodia, Kosovo independence b4 they were granted. Abia state as been run aground that if given a trillion year with no singular development in Lagos it can never met up. Ebonyi is the eternally condemned till eternity yet it is the best n most developed state in Nigeria that this fools will disparage daily.

But the writer bears Edo names, what concerns Igbos with the write up?
Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by Sonnyboom: 9:13am On Feb 04, 2020
Na today I Sabi stinking igbo create fake monikers to troll others ? How many times have you seen Edo people or any other tribe on n offline insult others ?! Only one foolish n cursed true does that n that is your pathetic tribe.

JubrinElSudan:
But the writer bears Edo names, what concerns Igbos with the write up?
Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by ideynl1: 9:31am On Feb 04, 2020
Sonnyboom:
Na today I Sabi stinking igbo create fake monikers to troll others ? How many times have you seen Edo people or any other tribe on n offline insult others ?! Only one foolish n cursed true does that n that is your pathetic tribe.

Your ranting ends here.

It doesn't stop other people from seeing the writer as an Edo, criticizing the LSG

Also, is Jimi Agbaje an Igbo man? You see, you people keep chasing shadows, whereas a lot of things are happening in your domain.

Keke and Okada ban won't affect Igbos much. We know the Owoda people that are becoming hungry because they can't get that usually ticket money. If SanwoOlu likes, he should ban everything. We know the people who are crying and suffering.

Keep living in denial.
Re: 3 Major Times Governor Sanwo-olu Lied To Lagosians, No. 2 Is Massive by BlackfireX: 10:10am On Feb 04, 2020
You all are ordinary peasants.

Go back to your village in Oshogbo, or Nnewi or daura you poor peasants

(1) (Reply)

Amotekun Recruitment. Message To Yoruba Leaders: Enough Of Political Correctness / Nigeria Draws Red Line For China / Obaseki Has Won The Battle, I Care Less About The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.