Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,238 members, 7,839,261 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

OZIRA MAGNUS (main Market Detective) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / OZIRA MAGNUS (main Market Detective) (292 Views)

First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / WEB...Travails of a detective. / No More Crime Thrillers Detective Mafia Stories Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OZIRA MAGNUS (main Market Detective) by Oziword2: 12:34am On Feb 04, 2020
Hello everyone, I've been reading lots of nice stories here so I decided to post one too Criticism is fully allowed.

ONE

It was lunch break. I strolled lazily through the staff canteen while my stomach growled unceasingly from the aroma of Mama Nkechi's 'ofe akwu', a reminder that I have skipped my usual morning breakfast of 'okpa and pap'. Nevertheless, I had to play the smart detective so as to help my friend. Scratch that. My best friend. Well, let me start the story from the beginning.

I was a simple Innocent girl who sold groundnuts in Onitsha Main Market. I had little education. Infact, in my area, you don't need education, as long as you can count money and bargain for profit, you are good to go after all the certificate holders also hustled with us.
It happened that one one cool evening, after a bountiful sale, I was roaming happily through the streets of Onitsha, swaying my hips with my tray expertly balanced on my head, I heard a birdie whistle and turned.
I knew that sound. It was Ekene the traunt. I and Ekene used to be very good friends until he started keeping bad company. Those good days, I had dreamt of marrying him, having fourteen children and living happy ever after. But all those were in the past.

"What is it?" I asked irritated.

"Ozii"... He said weakly.

"Don't call me that!" I snapped.

"Bene"..

" Don't call me that too!" I looked away.

"What should I call you then?" He Implored.

"I am Ozed to you!" I sneered.
He smiled,a sad smile. Everyone in Onitsha Main Market apart from my family call me Ozed. My mother (whom I call 'aunty' because she does not like me calling her mother) calls me Bene except when she was angry then she shouts my full name OZIRA MAGNUS.
My father as aunty told me, was a man named Magnus who abandoned her when he found out that she was pregnant. While rumours had it that aunty had seduced a rich contractor with the hope of getting married to without knowing he was already married. Well, I don't care. As long as I liked people and they liked me too I'm okay..

"You have changed." Ekene's voice brought me back to the present.

"So have you". I retorted.

"You didn't ask me.."

" Don't ..Stop..!" I raised my left palm as he attempted to draw closer and he he suddenly stepped back. Ekene's nearness disturbed me. It still does. just a step more and he will have me doing his bids. I saw different emtions flashed accross his face.

" I need your help" he breathed out finally.

" Go and ask your friends Ekene don't disturb me I'm going home".

(1) (Reply)

Raising A Monster (part 10) / Everyone Can Be / I Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.