Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post (272 Views)

Abdulrazak Habib: I Was Treated Of Coronavirus With Black Seed, Clove Oil / Idayat Gbadamosi: Ways Of Fighting Coronavirus With Herbs By Boosting Immunity / Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post by naijapower(m): 4:12am On Feb 04, 2020
The first Briton believed to have been diagnosed with coronavirus reckons he cured himself with “hot whisky and honey.”

Teacher Connor Reed, 25, told the Sun that he thought he was “going to die” when he was hospitalized two months ago in Wuhan, the Chinese city at the center of the outbreak that has killed more than 360 people.

Yet he claims he refused to take antibiotics — and instead used an inhaler and “drank a hot whisky with honey until that ran out.”

“It’s an old-fashioned remedy but it seemed to do the trick,” he told the UK paper. “I am proof coronavirus can be beaten.”

Reed, who moved to Wuhan last summer to teach English, went to a hospital after a bad cough left him struggling to breathe, he said.

After two weeks in the hospital, he was finally discharged — and only later learned that he had been diagnosed with the virus that has sickened more than 17,000 people around the world.

SEE ALSO

US coronavirus cases rise to 11, including husband and wife in California
“I was stunned when the doctors told me I was suffering from the virus,” he told the Sun. “I thought I was going to die but I managed to beat it.”

Reed’s cat, however, wasn’t able to beat the virus after also apparently falling ill.

“My kitten caught the feline coronavirus and developed pneumonia and died, but I don’t think I caught it from her,” Reed told North Wales Live. “I think that was just coincidence.”

It’s unclear whether the cat was suffering from the same strain of the coronavirus since there have been no reported cases of pets contracting the illness currently gripping China.

“No particular event has been reported in any species,” the World Health Organization said.

Meanwhile, Wuhan is “becoming a real ghost town,” Reed told the paper, adding, “The authorities are really worried about how to contain this and stop it spreading.”

He claims Britain’s Foreign Office was “disinterested” when he called to say he had been diagnosed.

“They kept asking if I wanted a place on a flight out but I said no. I’ll stick it out here,” he told the paper.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/03/uk-teacher-claims-he-beat-coronavirus-with-hot-whisky-and-honey/
Re: UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post by naijapower(m): 4:13am On Feb 04, 2020
Old remey is most time the key to our problem.
Re: UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post by budaatum: 5:16am On Feb 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post by Davash222(m): 5:37am On Feb 04, 2020
Alcohol be saving lives since 1435!!

Shame on Hisbah police!
Re: UK Teacher Claims He Beat Coronavirus With ‘hot Whisky And Honey’.new York Post by samyxcel: 9:54am On Feb 04, 2020
BLOOM NATURAL HONEY is pure natural honey with no adulteration, additives and preservatives.

It is available in different sizes: (35CL, 50CL, 1L/100CL, 5L, etc)

Place your order today!!!
Calls - 07056549786
WhatsApp - 07032676693

Our Collection Centers in Lagos: Alatunse-Ibeju, Addo- Ajah, Ikoyi-Eti-Osa. We do deliveries too!

OUR QUALITY GUARANTEE: If what you purchase is not pure natural honey, we’re happy to return your money, but with over 100 happy customers we are sure you will be satisfied.

(1) (Reply)

If You Are A Lady And You Want To Satify Your Man,come In Here / Cause Of Sag Ball And Sag Breast / COVID-19: LASG Takes Hand Washing Advocacy To Primary Schools (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.