Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative (25513 Views)

Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case Whereabouts Unknown, As State Closes Motor Parks / Coronavirus: Wike Reveals Identity Of Rivers Index Case, Close Down Markets / Coronavirus: Dr. Amarachukwu Karen Allison Who Suspected Index Case In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Grumpyy: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2020
•COVID-19: Anambra alleged index case, Marcel Eze, claims being abandoned without food
Says his positive test is a scam, set up, an attempt to tarnish his image
• Patient not in a good frame of mind to talk — Anambra govt
• Index case in Anambra State poorly handled — Obi

By Vincent Ujumadu & Chimaobi Nwaiwu

The Anambra State alleged COVID-19 Index case victim, Chief Marcel Eze, yesterday described all the stories being peddled about him testing positive to Coronavirus as all false and fabrications to tarnish his image.

Speaking with Vanguard yesterday in a telephone interview, Chief Eze, who said he deals on Pharmaceuticals, challenged the Anambra State government, particularly the state Commissioner for Health to show him and the world the alleged lab test result that confirmed him positive.

The angry Chief Eze said that he has been abandoned without any care, food or any medical attention since Friday he was taken to General Hospital Onitsha after a call from the State Commissioner for Health.

Chief Eze also called on Governor Willie Obiano to thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding his alleged current travail in General Hospital Onitsha, just as he challenged the governor to visit the hospital to hear his story, claiming that the state is being deceived over the claim that he tested positive to Coronavirus.

Chief Ezeh also said that he has not visited Lagos State since January, contrary to the claim in some quarters that he visited Lagos where he allegedly contacted the virus, saying that “the last time I visited Lagos State was in December and I have been in Anambra State since January.”

According to Eze, “I was admitted for a heart problem at Prof. Nwilo Heart Foundation, St Joseph Hospital Adazi Nnukwu, and was discharged after being confirmed okay by the doctors.

“While I was in the hospital, three people came and introduced themselves that they are from government and are conducting test on Coronavirus that they will take my sample like others in the hospital, and I said no problem.

“They brought something like cotton bud but very long with both ends having cottons, and inserted it into my mouth and nose and later collected it and left. That was before I was discharged from St Joseph Hospital Adazi Nnukwu.

“For three days before I left the hospital, I did not see them again. I was discharged on Tuesday and I went to one of my doctor friends in Awka who advised me to take bed rest in his hospital to avoid disturbance because of the type of person I am and I agreed.

“While I was there, on Wednesday by 11pm, a call came into my phone and on picking the call, a man identified himself as the Commissioner for Health in Anambra State, and he told me they have been looking for me and I asked him for what, and he did not say any reasonable thing to me and because it was late, I told him to come to the hospital the next day.

“On Thursday, the Commissioner came with some of his officials to the hospital and told me that the test conducted on me was positive for Coronavirus and I told him that St Joseph Hospital from where I was discharged on Tuesday did not take any sample from me. They brought a stretcher and asked me to enter. That was the way I found myself in General Hospital Onitsha where they currently dumped me without food, water or any medical care since Friday they brought me from Awka to Onitsha, on this their fraudulent claim of me testing positive to Coronavirus.

Anambra govt reacts

Reacting yesterday to the allegation of the coronavirus index case, Anambra State government said the man does not possess a good frame of mind to discuss his condition.

The commissioner for information and public enlightenment, Mr. Don Adinuba told Vanguard that the man’s problem was that his people were tormenting him psychologically and emotionally in the social media, advising him to stop granting media interviews that would not help him in any way.

Adinuba said: “I wonder why he is saying that he was dumped. I will advise him to stop granting interviews since he doesn’t have the state of mind to speak on this matter.

” I know that he is dispirited. We understand his situation because for someone to be isolated in a very large compound with only two family members, that person will not feel good.

“What he needs is peace of mind especially when his people are tormenting him psychologically and emotionally.”

According to the commissioner, the index case is not in a position to know if he is positive for coronavirus or not. He added that it was NCDC that brought the result of his test.

“We heard the result just like other people and it is wrong for him to be blaming anybody in the state for his situation,” the commissioner said.

Index case poorly handled — Obi

Reacting to the development, the Vice-Presidential candidate of the PDP in the last presidential election, Mr. Peter Obi frowned at the manner Anambrarians handled the index case of COVID-19 in Anambra State, even when he singled out St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu for commendation for their professionalism.

In a statement made available by Obi’s Media Office, he thanked St. Joseph Hospital for being pro-active, going by the measures they took in handling the case, but described the stigmatisation of the index case by the people through videos and publications in various media platforms and the accompanying psychological trauma, as against the basic principle of collective fight against the pandemic.

Expressing confidence in St Joseph Hospital, Obi said it remained one of the best health facilities in this part of the country and that its Dr. Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre remained the best of its kind in Nigeria, manned by the globally-acclaimed cardiologist, Dr. Joe Nwilo, one of the most patriotic Nigerians who, though based in the USA, comes in from time to time at his own cost to perform free heart operations.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/covid-19-anambra-alleged-index-case-marcel-eze-claims-being-abandoned-without-food/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Grumpyy: 11:54am On Apr 13, 2020
Obiwam wan spend some sinzu money grin grin

All in all, nothing spoil. At least now, Anambra is in full lockdown so we can be safest.

On this case, the hospital initially weren't supposed to release/discharge the patient until his status was confirmed. Also, Obiwam and his cronies asking the man not to grant interviews as per he's not in the right state of mind grin

When is one of the symptoms of coro, kolo abeg?
Those guys should stop clowning themselves abeg

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Native101: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2020
I am positive that most of the people taken to isolation centres will go through hell for the duration of their stays there. Is it not Nigeria again?

If even the state house owned clinic is unusable, how do you expect the facilities for common men to be better?

These last two weeks, I have concluded that I'd have failed my kids if I let them be brought into this kind of life when even the basic needs of man are out of reach.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2020
So, why is the man in denial

1.Having a positive diagnosis of COVID19 can lead to stigmatization.

2.It isn't easy to be in hospital, especially when you feel all right...

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by chiemmanuel(m): 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2020
Things are not adding up
Why was he tested, was he showing symptoms
Why did it take 3days to produce a result
What is his travel history
Why haven't any other person been identified especially those who tended to him at the hospital

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by kalufelix(m): 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
Covi419 ... Further Exposed !! ..We are watching...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
NCDC should be blame if anything goes side ways, its their job to detect and analyse any sample sent to them and if dey gv out false info, it will affect both the victim and the govt because govt is reacting to info giving to them and as for bn dump without food and water, please commissioner for health should address such ASAP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
I heard same rumour.....

Serious scam about to take place. Information even showed the man has no preliminary sign of covid-19 but was tagged same.

NCDC should be open on this particular issues unless someone is trying to loot the money donated to patch up loopholes..

There should be a re-test.....and the state government dare not dent her image just to cash out... because people will surely get to the root of this particular case..

NCDC should be more open before the thing turns to perceived scam..

“We heard the result just like other people and it is wrong for him to be blaming anybody in the state for his situation,” the commissioner said.

A whole state commissioner Making this statement. You heard not that you confirmed from NCDC how true the test result is.......

Something is wrong somewhere.

lalasticlala

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by adadike(f): 12:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
Obiano, ejim chineke Ayo gi, stop embarrassing yourself further. The man in question does not have covid 19. Stop making my people suffer for nothing. I personally know the man in question. He have a heart problem for over two years now. I trust my people. They will surely want to get to the root of the matter. Cunning man die, na cunning man go bury am.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Emmanuelhector(m): 12:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
Willie wan cash out

5 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by ambu2: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
The reason why this man might be in denial is that, first, he doesn't have the usual symptoms. However, many people including Gov. Makinde and Chioma Davido tasted positive without exhibiting symptoms but had to isolate.

Second, any attempt not to deny his travel history will come with far reaching consequences including extensive contact tracing. He will also be required to explain how he left Lagos and arrived Anambra State inspite of lockdown and the people he encountered from in Lagos, in vehicles, etc.

The man is trying to be clever by half to avoid imminent interrogation wahala.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Niggmatic: 12:56pm On Apr 13, 2020
I don't know what they are talking about, but all I knew was that ncdc confirmed a case in Anambra.and the state ministry of health know the person.

Judging from most comments made by people from that side, even if they start dying in their thousands they will still call Coronavirus a scam.

Nigerians need compulsory education irrespective of any ones age. The level of ignorance is heart breaking.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Miracle1991: 1:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Just imagine say na federal government ordered for his quarantine,hmmn ..... Children of hate for don abuse Buhari tire. they'll tell the whole world how Buhari hate igbos that he is trying to kill Igbo business.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by PureGoldh(m): 2:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
Anambra state government just wan cash out on top the guy head.NCDC dey do us ojoro

Just incase you need Raw Original Honey... Kindly contact 081 01 66 6771 let's talk about it...Stay Safe Family... No handshake or hug for now
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by emmabest2000(m): 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
I begins to think that all those testing and tested news in Nigeria are Audios

God is our only hope

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by sotall(m): 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
Every state wants to cashout

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
Plz help a soul from dying from hunger, nothing is too small, work has been closed since and hunger is Killing man
0248842313..Gtb
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by GeneralPula: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nah everything no dey straight for that confused region sad
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
State Governor's are running scams with this pandemic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by BlackBigBlog: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
grin

CHIEF EZE ..... KORRRRRR ..... ANAMBRA NIIIII

Biko his real name is Okwuchukwu Oduagu

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Iblak: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
Wow, so who's lying
The patient could be or the government but it will be too bad if this is just a scam to embezzle money
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by pennywys(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
grin
To ease this COVID-19 drama and politics

They must share this 10b to all states in this federation

Same way Wike deliberately pushing in Rivers State

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by StarUp: 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2020
One of the new symptoms of Corona Virus is "not being in a good state of mind"...Anambra State grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Fragility6: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
'[/b]Patient not in right frame of mind 2 talk'[b] Corona hol e mouth?
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Babatunde40(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
Truth is that the guy is negative. The hospital they claimed to admit the guy said they do not have any covid 19 patient

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by koxyz: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
Deady bodi get accident,yeepa

Confusion ,brake bonu,yeepa

Double wahala for deady bodi

And the owner of deady bodi,,,,,

Drama will never exit from Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by mrofficial240(m): 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
This corona virus just spoil things for everybody

Na WA o

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Nine2Five: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
SHARE YOUR #STAYHOME EXPERIENCE

I have added so much, learnt some new skills, i learnt that we will have plenty babies in December and January because of #stayhome order...

How has the experience been.

Watch, share yours in the comment section

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJB1mgk2ckc
Re: Coronavirus: Anambra Index Case, Marcel Eze, Claims He's Negative by Confirmedzombie: 2:47pm On Apr 13, 2020
I know that any Index case case from the SE must be a scam.

I wonder who laid this bad curse on this particular set of people.

They turn everything to fraud.

Tufiakwa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

543 New COVID-19 Cases, 138 Discharged And 8 Deaths On July 22 - (4068 Tested) / Waiting For Hiv Result? Please Share Your Experience / Man Regains Sight After 21 Years Of Blindness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.