Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos (57488 Views)

Paystack Sacks 33 Employees In Dubai & Europe - CEO / 80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Voice Of America Sacks 15 Hausa Employees In A Nigeria Bribery Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2020
sisisioge:
Jisos! See the people you voted! They failed to create jobs, yet they are taking away the few jobs created by private orgs/individuals . God biko pick my call.

I just hope you are coping fine. I think you should be least affected since you live beside your work. Naija go better one day we pray. grin grin
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by project4OO: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2020
SaintHilary:
O'Trek, O'Jug, O'Run, O'Suffer angry

I feel for people without cars.

It's a sin to be poor in this country, and its a greater sin to remain poor after you're born poor.

May we never be broke for too long

A brand new keke cost as much as 600k. Add a few bulks and you would get yourself a fairly used car. There's really no link between keke and poverty. Lagosians use keke because taxis are largely unavailable.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Corroro: 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
This is bike company, with the ban on bikes it's not a surprising thing that they have to lay off most of their staff
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
omoharry:
Opay is not organise. Their drivers, drive their bikes like Aboki.It is only opay that will mount on a pedestrian walk way and chase people out for them to pass through.They take great risk driving on high speed,passing through tight corners of truck/trailers on 3rd mainland bridge and maneuvering their ways through cars with reckless abandon. They are very reckless and do not deserve that name UBER BIKE. If the uber bike( Gokada/Max kada) are to return they should be regulated . The same goes for the keke Napep. (These are the ones we need most).

Finally, I feel sorry for the disabled people that have been managing their lives through driving keke. At least for their sake Gov Sanwo-olu should reconsider his ban and ensure they are well regulated in such a way that any defaulter found wanting would have his bike/keke impounded and destroyed.If few offended are caught and dealt with, the rest will fall inline to obey traffic rules and learn to drive with care.As for the normal bikes, please we do not need them around anymore.They are a nuisance to the society.

Bikes normally maneuver between vehicles and all drivers don’t drive thesame so u can’t generalize. Yes I know sm aren’t keeping to safe/proper driving measure bt that can be corrected. I mean they are organized in terms of their set up tho there’s a lot more organization needed.

Kekes are equal nuisances like informal bikes if not worse. They need Sm type of strict regulations, if at all the need to bring them back.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by sisisioge: 2:04pm On Feb 04, 2020
unicorn79:

I just hope you are coping fine. I think you should be least affected since you live beside your work. Naija go better one day we pray. grin grin

Hmmm...I live hundred naira Maruwa away. There are no busses to there...I'm seriously affected. May God help us.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:12pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sanwoolu's want to manipulate the gains in the transport industry to his advantage. By the time he rolls out buses on the feeder roads, you will understand that all he his concerned about is satisfying some commercial interest

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by calebzy23(m): 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2020
aba u ena want make there dey theif
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by einsteine(m): 2:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
meum:
Mr. Fahim Saleh, if you ever read this, Gokada Logistics (GL) should be next thing on your mind. Mention me let's talk biz n take it up from there instead of sacking people. Take over d logistics biz with those bikes providing last mile delivery with class.

A sack in just a few days of government policy implementation is an indication the company didn't plan for eventuality.

The government had backed them and assured them of a regulatory framework that would accommodate motorcycle ride hailing. So there was really no need to plan for "eventualities" especially when a tough competitor, Opay (,with $100 million) is in the market. They did not have the luxury of being slow with asset purchase.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by craves(m): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ijawwomaninoyo:
Quick question!
What happens to Private Okada and Keke owners who use them solely for transporting their families to school and places of work?
What about Carpenters, mechanics and offices, etc that use them to shop for their materials and quick errands?
What about factory workers who own them and use for transporting themselves for early morning shifts?

my though as well... as if all motorcycle and keke owner are commercial
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Trszxi85: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2020
creolehunt:
I knew that the ban was going to have far-reaching consequences. The masses will bear the brunt in one way or the other.

I insist that there is no excuse for banning Keke, okada I understand.

Samsung J3 Prime for sale. Phone is in perfect working condition.

There is a harmless crack on the screen. Long lasting battery.

Price: 12k
Send a pm.

Whatsapp me via 0811757 6104
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Nobody: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2020
sisisioge:

Hmmm...I live hundred naira Maruwa away. There are no busses to there...I'm seriously affected. May God help us.

Phew!
Really it is time you considered getting a car. grin
You need one even if it is a good low budget car. Abi you get driving phobia? grin
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by sisisioge: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
unicorn79:

Phew!
Really it is time you considered getting a car. grin
You need one even if it is a good low budget car. Abi you get driving phobia? grin

Hmmm...I kuku no get driving phobia...infact my driver's license go soon expire gan. Na money be issue...I've had really bad experience pushing low budget cars in the past so now my phobia is for this kind that require more pushing than driving grin
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by linearity: 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
bikerboy1:
Employee layoff was never mentioned in that tweet up there.
Unless you're referring to another tweet not shown on this thread.

Nevertheless,

Convert those bike to dispatch bike and sell them to logistic companies.

You can as well partner with them

But, the tweet confirmed the write up by saying, everything was accurate except money not in the bank....so if the lay-off was inaccurate, they would have also pointed it out.

Also, it is inconceivable not to lay off staff if the major source of your income is gutted.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Chummynoni(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
this issue should be addressed. this company put a lot of money in this business.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Lush100(m): 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2020
so someone is expecting a CEO of an innovative company to just come out and say we are sacking.
wow. that's a crude expectation.
the tweet inferred it.
This decision of LASG i hoped will be reversed.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Hedonisst: 6:58pm On Feb 04, 2020
Expected.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Contactibro(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
GidifeedNews:

Source: https://techpoint.africa/2020/02/03/gokada-lays-off-staff/
just imagine all dis bike riders in dis pics are now job less Lagos is in big trouble.. fashola and ambode new Wat dey were doing wen they left this guy's alone... this is too bad..
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Legendguru: 9:25pm On Feb 04, 2020
Sanwolu should employ them
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by lebete3000: 10:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
creolehunt:
I knew that the ban was going to have far-reaching consequences. The masses will bear the brunt in one way or the other.

I insist that there is no excuse for banning Keke, okada I understand.

Samsung J3 Prime for sale. Phone is in perfect working condition.

There is a harmless crack on the screen. Long lasting battery.

Price: 12k
Send a pm.

Lovely wallpaper on your phone. Can you pls show me how you did it?
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by creolehunt: 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
lebete3000:

Lovely wallpaper on your phone. Can you pls show me how you did it?

CM Launcher - Gravity Particles theme.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by ajl: 5:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Lexusgs430:
Reason why setting up a business in a shithole, is very unpredictable.........

If they did their homework well, going precedents they ought to know that a ban is possible.
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 6:18am On Feb 05, 2020
ajl:

If they did their homework well, going precedents they ought to know that a ban is possible.

They would have engaged the government prior to setup............

It's the government's place to inform them of a possibility.... But the government are completely clueless, always using fire brigade approach to policies.........
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by lebete3000: 7:34am On Feb 05, 2020
creolehunt:

CM Launcher - Gravity Particles theme.

Can you explain how I can get it on my S8 abeg?
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by emmsana: 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is so unfortunate for the employees, and THIS IS NIGERIA in Fazz voice

you can also quit the rat race if you are smart with this free guide
FREE EBOOK HERE
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Studio247: 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2020
AreaFada2:

Good job you are doing with video stuff. What is a typical quotation for a demo CD and other services you offer? Make ranges available (with caveat) for services you offer to know how affordable they are.
Whatsapp the number on the signature
Lets talk off this platform for more details
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Gift2Love: 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos by Darkmode042: 9:42pm On Feb 07, 2020
EzeNdiAra:
The governor should legalize only this Gokada

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dennis Dooshima, A Beautiful Fire Fighter (Photos) / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman / Kehinde Adeola: Between A Female Barber & A Male Customer (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.