Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport (46359 Views)

Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds / US Customs Seizes $15,860 Undeclared Cash From Nigerian Couple / Customs Seizes Truckload Of Weapons, Codeine, Tramadol In Imo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by wink2015(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
Nigeria government keep borrowing money every now and then yet we have plenty of this cash back home.

NIGERIA POLITICAL CLASS AND THEIR ANTICS !
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by solmus: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
osuofia2:

PLS WHO WAS THE OWNER OF THE MONEY?

Nigerian Intelligence Agency , Nigerian version of CIA, KGB or Mi6, it was stuffed in by Ayo Oke the then DG NIA through his wife, the money was released by the Jonathan Government to finance covert opreations, similar to payment of ransome of Dapchi school girls to Boko Haram,, Internatonal lobbying and other Secuirity Activities that the Government keeps private... during the regime change, the procedural standard was for Oke to declare the money either to the NSA or the President directly, but he decided to move it to his wife's private apartment hence why he was suspended and ultimately sacked and the money forfeited to the CBN vaults
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Dshocker(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
Drug money
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by WarriAproko: 4:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
The person wen get this money nor get sense
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2020
They are getting ready to frame someone
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Dtruth5901(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
Mad ohh
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by SniperSmurf(m): 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
Unazi71:
Chei .....see as custom officers de swallow saliva on top of US dollars .
grin
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Lorenzop: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
helinues:
$8m ? That's almost N3bn

Definitely money laundering

[/b]Tah, when you could move more than that without a trace with E-currency
[b]

as in eh, effortlessly without breaking a sweat, just with a touch of a button.....some people dull sha
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by ZooOga: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2020
osuofia2:
AUDIO, WHAT OF THE OSBORNE TOWER CASH, NIGERIANS ARE GULLIBLE FALLING FOR SAME SCRIPT DIFFERENT ACTORS KIND OF MOVIES,

i remember reading the whistleblower had to hire a lawyer to get his fee. sorry i don't have FP NL link.

IKOYI CASH: Whistleblower gets N421m, jets out of Nigeria

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/ikoyi-cash-whistleblower-gets-n421m-jets-nigeria/

Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by frog12: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
how much they don take from the money ??
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by frog12: 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
Tah ko, tom tom ni.

definitely a civil servant. na 3billion dey dey steal nowadays!!!

helinues:
$8m ? That's almost N3bn

Tah, when you could move more than that without a trace with E-currency
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by DaBullIT(m): 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
Dem dan know

grin
helinues:
$8m ? That's almost N3bn

In reality there'd still be paper trail , you can't just make 8M disappear one day

also , 8M won't be 8M anymore due to exchange / charges

We should follow each other , i like your reasoning
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by BlackTrice: 6:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
Olukat:
Trying all they could to distract Nigerians!
It's seems the cracker abi bomb story didn't get the traction they needed shocked shocked shocked
Who are the owners of the dollars seized at Kaduna airport, the one at Ikoyi apartment etc.
A nation with very short memory #Getoutofhere!

Very annoying

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Elvis2kay: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
A big lie! Trying to fool the gullible Nigerians that the customs are really working.
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Fisher007: 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
Why package dollars in brown papers.

Nigerians at time dey amaze me. Simple.
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Legendguru: 8:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
It will be a senator or reps member
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Oshokalo: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
Am very sure dats not even the real amount them don corner one big wrap

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
I go suffer make money, some mofo go come dey count my money, undecided
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by ultiabaz36(m): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
Why am I not working in custom and this department in particular?...

God whyyyyyyyhh sad sad
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by TheBoy1740: 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2020
helinues:
$8m ? That's almost N3bn

That's roughly 872 BTC. It'll even cost much less time and money to transfer it anonymously.
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by chijokz(m): 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2020
Commentor:

Nigeria doesn't have money.

The little we make as a country is oftentimes cornered by a select few, giving the illusion of wealth.
I've a different perspective about your assertion.
Here's a list of looters released by the WB.
http://jaguda.com/social-issues/news/news-world-bank-releases-list-of-nigerian-looters-with-billions-in-foreign-banks/
Combined looting of this magnitude from a country shows its only a tip of the iceberg on the country's revenue potential.
Currently, 60% of Nigeria's revenue is being used to repay our foreign debt which means we still need to keep borrowing to make sure 100% of the annual budgets are funded..So I'm assuming when you mentioned 'little', that refers to the 40% left after servicing our foreign debt.
I stand corrected.
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by bizzibodi(m): 8:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
That money belong to me. cry cry cry
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by Ferdinandu(m): 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
The new face of looting and money laundering in Buhari's regime
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by AnthonyAk(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
Dem don share the money by now
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by megama: 4:55am On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=otokx post=86369581]Nigeria has money.[/quote .This Groupage money. Thousands of traders money on trap. Illegal money transfer. C B N needs to make money transfer easy for importers
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by speed99: 5:08am On Feb 05, 2020
Why not buy gold and travel in peace?
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by knowhowk: 6:33am On Feb 05, 2020
The Amount is Huge , However ,let proper Investigation be done ,at the end of the day if cash is Forfeited hopefully it's used properly .
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by one4GOD(f): 8:45am On Feb 05, 2020
Beyuponpin:
Cash or goods worth the amount?
CASH!
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by alphaNomega: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2020
helinues:
$8m ? That's almost N3bn

I like how the CIA has made you niggers believe e-currency is untraceable. The true form of untraceable digital money has been taken down years ago.
Re: Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport by meum: 10:04am On Feb 05, 2020
The money is fragile grin they used fragile tape for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Houseboy Poisons Naval Officer And Kills His Girlfriend In Port Harcourt. Photos / Family Seeks Justice As Soldiers Reportedly Kill Their 25yr Old Daughter (Video) / Nigerian Man Jumps To His Death During Police Chase In Malaysia: Graphic Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.