Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Woman With A Huge Tumour On Her Face Reveals How Becoming A Makeup Artist Has He - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman With A Huge Tumour On Her Face Reveals How Becoming A Makeup Artist Has He (389 Views)

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman / 'Now I Can Expose My Face'; Lady Says After Removal Of Head Tumour. Graphic Pics / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman With A Huge Tumour On Her Face Reveals How Becoming A Makeup Artist Has He by stellapatu: 2:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
A woman who was told by doctors they couldn't remove a tumor growing on her face as a child has revealed how makeup has helped her to embrace her condition.

Rhonda Manring, 27, from Virginia, was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis, a genetic condition that causes benign tumors to grow along the nerves, when she was two and was told by doctors that surgery could do more harm than good due to her age. Her tumors grew larger as she grew older and she began experimenting with colorful makeup, before starting an Instagram page which quickly amassed thousands of followers.

The confident 27-year-old now believes her followers have helped her to embrace her condition, revealing: 'I'm glad I have the life I have. I wouldn't trade it for anything.'

Rhonda was first diagnosed with neurofibromatosis after her sister pointed it out when they were children.

She said: 'My older sister noticed my neurofibromatosis and pointed it out to our mother. She immediately took me to the doctors.

'When I was diagnosed there wasn't much they could do that would help; it would have done more harm than good doing surgery back then.

'I went through a lot when I was little; from breaking my legs a total of five times each and wearing a halo to try and make my right leg grow.'

Walking out among the public has often been a negative experience for her, with parents pulling their children away from her to avoid them 'catching' her condition.

She explained: 'I kept to myself throughout my years in school; I had a few good friends who are still by my side today and have loved and supported me.

More details; [url]https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/woman-with-a-huge-tumour-on-her-face-reveals-how-becoming-a-makeup-artist-has-helped-her-embrace-her-looks-and-says-she-wouldn-t-trade-her-life-for-anything [/url]

Re: Woman With A Huge Tumour On Her Face Reveals How Becoming A Makeup Artist Has He by greatmarshall(m): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus: FG Doles Out RMB 200,000 To Nigerian Students, Others In China / How To Eat That Fat Off? / How To Contain The Corona Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.