Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

I Need Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Advice (704 Views)

My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice / Please I Need Advice Nairalanders... I Just Discovered I'm Pregnant. / I Need Advice Before Taking The Huge Step Into Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice by seanWetchen: 2:44pm On Feb 04, 2020
Am 29 and i finish school december and will soon be going for service. I like this girl but she already thru with with long before me cause her parents are rich but we love each other. Last we talk was that her parent are putting pressure on her to get married but am just finishing school kinda hard for me. But i went and made research and meet couple of people both friends and foe and i came with an idea of business which can make me nothing less than 100k monthly. Now i dont know if thats enough for me to start thinking of starting a family with her. Most one do government work or have certain certificate before you go into marriage or i should just slow down but the truth is that i really love her. I cant bare to lose her.

Please i need advice.
Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 2:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
Please o. Let's not lose a good girl because of doubts. I take God beg you.

First of all identify all forms of doubt and weed it out to it's root, then focus your energy and mental resources on finding a pathway towards your Union should you both go ahead.

Look away from her family's financial resources and put heads together on how you both can attain a couple financial goal and then put it to action immediately.

Tend it a few months and see how attainable your blueprint and financial aspirations are. If you bring this and she brings that, the marriage of both your bits can give you both bigger and better leverage to make the bits much more.

To begin with, I recommend making a draft first of engage a professional financial counselor to create a financial blueprint for your marriage. The draft should include what you can bring in, when, and she as well and then avenues the resources can be channelled into, your monthly expense, the expected R.O.I on the venture.

The thing is if you nurture a little but bright financial blueprint like this and maintain a positive mental posture,chances would improved as you'll begin to see your future more brightly and becomes less anxious and worries that mere speculations without proactiveness brings. It's like the dates would say, sometimes you build the road as you walk on it.

Add inputs elders pansophist franchasng crackhaus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 2:52pm On Feb 04, 2020
Can we push this to front page for more contributions to help young lovers in the same situationship please. To also attract many more positive and great ideas please

Royalroy

Lalasticlala

Dominique

Mynd44

Farano

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by Sanchez01: 2:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
You're clearly not ready and it is only ideal to let her go, lest she pushes you so hard into desperation.

Knowing that you're just about going for service will make things difficult. Not only will you have to save a lot just to tick the bride price list, you must be financially stable and should have an apartment and some basic things in that apartment. And add a steady job to the mix to be able to sustain the union.

Love shouldn't be the only motivation for marriage. It constitutes a tiny fraction of the whole marriage equation while money and maturity takes the larger chunk.

Don't put pressure on yourself unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 3:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
I can prove to you that you're ready. It will require sitting down together for hours to create the financial blueprint I mentioned. If mental barricades are lifted, you'll discover that much blocks in life are more psychological than realistic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice by ahnie: 3:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
Are sure are you that the business will fetch you nothing less than #100k monthly
Just asking?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by donstan18: 3:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:
Please o. Let's not lose a good girl because of doubts. I take God beg you.
kunleweb:
I can prove to you that you're ready. It will require sitting down together for hours to create the financial blueprint I mentioned. If mental barricades are lifted, you'll discover that much blocks in life are more psychological than realistic.
kunleweb:
Can we push this to front page for more contributions to help young lovers in the same situationship please. To also attract many more positive and great ideas
Why are you so restless?

Are you the person behind OP.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by seanWetchen: 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
ahnie:
Are sure are you that the business will fetch you nothing less than #100k monthly
Just asking?

Yes!

100% sure!
Re: I Need Advice by thorpido(m): 3:11pm On Feb 04, 2020
Hmmm,we've been there.

In all honesty and for the sake of your sanity,let her go.She could go through with you as it has happened in some cases but it's a hard thing for you as a man.It will keep you under tremendous pressure.
There's no pressure like when her parents want her to settle and you as a man is just trying to find your feet.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 3:22pm On Feb 04, 2020
donstan18:
Why are you so restless?

Are you the person behind OP.

Better go prepare for post utme and avail yourself the opportunity not to miss another year.
Re: I Need Advice by donstan18: 3:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:

Better go prepare for post utme and avail yourself the opportunity not to miss another year.
The word "Post utme" sounds amusing coming from you, a notorious feed and yam supplier.

It's a pity after all the promises you made to your loved ones to be reasonable, successful and to make them proud, you ended up as an e-Aboki that sells yam on Nairaland.

Mumu cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:30pm On Feb 04, 2020
Why should you think of letting her go? Would you be the first or last low income earner to marry a lady from a rich background? If your lady loves you enough, she will stand by you. From your write-up, this year will probably make you 30yrs old, age wise, you are mature enough. Start the business asap, sit your lady down and talk to her, isn't she supposed to be employed as well? I don't see anything bad about both of you putting heads together. If her mother sees the seriousness on your part, she may be patient for you and her daughter to get ready.

However If you are not sure of the business, and you do not have a source of income, then you may lose her.
seanWetchen:
Am 29 and i finish school december and will soon be going for service. I like this girl but she already thru with with long before me cause her parents are rich but we love each other. Last we talk was that her parent are putting pressure on her to get married but am just finishing school kinda hard for me. But i went and made research and meet couple of people both friends and foe and i came with an idea of business which can make me nothing less than 100k monthly. Now i dont know if thats enough for me to start thinking of starting a family with her. Most one do government work or have certain certificate before you go into marriage or i should just slow down but the truth is that i really love her. I cant bare to lose her.

Please i need advice.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2020
donstan18:

The word "Post utme" sounds amusing coming from you, a notorious feed and yam supplier.

It's a pity after all the promises you made to your loved ones to be reasonable, successful and to make them proud, you ended up as an e-Aboki that sells yam on Nairaland.

Mumu cheesy

Trust me I won't play in the mud. Have a nice day

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice by donstan18: 3:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:

Trust me I won't play in the mud. Have a nice day
Failed Victim player

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by franchasng: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2020
seanWetchen:

Please i need advice.
If she is okay with your current situation then you have little to worry about, and I hope she is working and earning her own money not money given to her by her parents

If she is working, understanding, humble and not stingy with her income, then you have no issue as you guys can pull resources together to achieve your set goals.

Don't wait on that business, start it immediately whether you are going to marry her or not, don't wait okay Starting and growing a business can be challenging in Nigeria to be honest with you, it may not go as easy and promising as you have been told by friends, so don't bank on that but nevertheless you must start a business that you are comfortable with, have passion for to an extent and ready not to quit when it isn't going as smooth as you desired or wished.

I am saying this because becoming successful in business requires perseverance and most importantly consistency, don't quit when you aren't succeeding, keep adding new ideas and innovation as you move around, watch out for ideas to add to your business, watch out for services you can add to your business portfolio.

After you have started, you can discuss with her on the possibility of lending you some money to add up, but don't ask her for money to startup what you are not certain and grounded in, only seek for her financial assistance after you have started and seeing positive signs to avoid ruining your relationship.

Don't hurry and marry her though, you can engage her and give her a timeline that you guys will tie the knot in December or around that time and then start to work on your business plans while you apply for specific paid jobs (not all jobs, specific jobs only).

Marrying her may help you in so many ways, so don't quit, convince her to an engagement to be married soonest.

But make sure she is working, don't bank on her parent's money pls, I dated some ladies from rich family backgrounds when I was single and I can tell you, there are no benefits, most times they end up depleting your little income trying to ensure you meet up to the standard of their dream boyfriend of class lol

The only time a girl's rich family background can be helpful to her husband is if the family have political connections to help you win government or organizational contracts without stress or lobbying, which will help you become financially successful or if they have the strong connection to secure a sustainable lucrative job for you, aside these areas, marrying a girl from a rich family is as useless as the 'P' in psychology angry

Cc: Kunleweb

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
franchasng:
If she is okay with your current situation then you have little to worry about, and I hope she is working and earning her own money not money given to her by her parents

If she is working, understanding, humble and not stingy with her income, then you have no issue as you guys can pull resources together to achieve your set goals.

Don't wait on that business, start it immediately whether you are going to marry her or not, don't wait okay Starting and growing a business can be challenging in Nigeria to be honest with you, it may not go as easy and promising as you have been told by friends, so don't bank on that but nevertheless you must start a business that you are comfortable with, have passion for to an extent and ready not to quit when it isn't going as smooth as you desired or wished.

I am saying this because becoming successful in business requires perseverance and most importantly consistency, don't quit when you aren't succeeding, keep adding new ideas and innovation as you move around, watch out for ideas to add to your business, watch out for services you can add to your business portfolio.

After you have started, you can discuss with her on the possibility of lending you some money to add up, but don't ask her for money to startup what you are not certain and grounded in, only seek for her financial assistance after you have started and seeing positive signs to avoid ruining your relationship.

Don't hurry and marry her though, you can engage her and give her a timeline that you guys will tie the knot in December or around that time and then start to work on your business plans while you apply for specific paid jobs (not all jobs, specific jobs only).

Marrying her may help you in so many ways, so don't quit, convince her to an engagement to be married soonest.

But make sure she is working, don't bank on her parent's money pls, I dated some ladies from rich family backgrounds when I was single and I can tell you, there are no benefits, most times they end up depleting your little income trying to ensure you meet up to the standard of their dream boyfriend of class lol

The only time a girl's rich family background can be helpful to her husband is if the family have political connections to help you win contracts without stress or lobbying, which will help you become financially successful or if they have the strong connection to secure a sustainable lucrative job for you, aside these areas, marrying a girl from a rich family is as useless as the 'P' is psychology angry

We are together. I know I can always trust the forum to your care in my absence cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice by franchasng: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:

We are together. I know I can always trust the forum to your care in my absence cheesy
Don't be too sure oh, I can ruin things when in Buhari mood shocked
Re: I Need Advice by kunleweb: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2020
franchasng:
Don't be too sure oh, I can ruin things when in Buhari mood shocked

Is that so. How family today
Re: I Need Advice by franchasng: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:

Is that so. How family today
very well bro, thanks man
Re: I Need Advice by project4OO: 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2020
Ideas won't pay the bills. Start the business, manage it for at least 6 months, ascertain the sustainability then proceed to marriage talks.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice by seanWetchen: 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
franchasng:

The only time a girl's rich family background can be helpful to her husband is if the family have political connections to help you win government or organizational contracts without stress or lobbying, which will help you become financially successful or if they have the strong connection to secure a sustainable lucrative job for you, aside these areas, marrying a girl from a rich family is as useless as the 'P' in psychology angry

Thanks for this!

This was what i needed to hear, i really appreciate it!

Thank you! God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Your Uncles? / Private School Teachers / Roadmap To Living And Working In The US As A Qualified Nurse Or Midwife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.