Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,629 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report (35924 Views)

Lagos Airport Scandal: Sanwo-Olu Suspends Staff Collecting COVID-19 Test Fee / Kaduna: Atiku Wins Kaura LG - Thisday / Tinubu Settles For Ambode, Despite Aregbesola’s Plot - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by landmark86: 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
why suspension and not SACK?
After many of ur papers have been sold for that day.

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by madridsta007(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
HigherEd:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/thisday-suspends-editors-over-oyedepo-us-visa-report/

They needed the clicks.
Wont be surprised if they are APC BMC members.

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by BarrElChapo(m): 3:59pm On Feb 04, 2020
Witchersunited:
Lie against a pastor suspension angry

Lie against the president, you are promoted shocked

All these feeds into the ego of oyedepo, last last his time will come and he will die, chapter closed, history wouldn't remember him, given the way his church is, there will be crises to choose a new leader, church will end up like church of God mission.

You are a bastard !

3 Likes

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by madridsta007(m): 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
HigherEd:

When Vanguard cooked up the story of Oyedepo opening the gate of hell which was later refuted and retracted, I doubt they even punished the person responsible for it.

That was how Mfonobong carried a story of how Oyedepo owns 4 jets and Forbes carried it. I don't know how any Nigerian should belief a person would buy 4 jets lol. Even the wealthiest people on Earth don't use four jets.

I know Ibeyeomie wouldn't take this kind of rubbish.

That is why you do not see any nonsense published about Ibeyeomie.

People would have been rightly sued and arrested. That is how to deal with irresponsibility.
They can delete the news off their page, what about the screenshots people have in their phones and devices?
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by adem30: 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2020
edo3:
Oyedepo should go and beg on his behalf cos even Jesus our lord forgives.. ..

Oyedepo no dey forgive pls. So forget about it

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by sexiestharam(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2020
HigherEd:

When Vanguard cooked up the story of Oyedepo opening the gate of hell which was later refuted and retracted, I doubt they even punished the person responsible for it.

That was how Mfonobong carried a story of how Oyedepo owns 4 jets and Forbes carried it. I don't know how any Nigerian should belief a person would buy 4 jets lol. Even the wealthiest people on Earth don't use four jets.

What are you saying?? I was attending the church before I left. I heard Oyedepo say with his mouth that the ministry had four jets! It wasn't a lie! He has sold most of them now anyway.

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
edo3:

Wetin consign.bishop Oyedepo.with.the sack of This.Day newspaper.editor?
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by davidque: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2020
edo3:
You did not think before typing, did you?

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by EdiskyHarry: 4:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:
Suspended. What a joke. Look at what leniency causes. If you've been hit a billion quid legal suit and your offices shut down, senses would have hit you that much more should be done than mere suspension. Yeye editors. More like BMC candidates

This goes out to people who employ falsehood to dent other people's character ad reputation just in a bid to achieve a selfish motive or being the first person that breaks the news. Falsehoods does severe damage. Les be guided in how we're quick to sensationalize anything that passes through our ears without subjecting it to confirmation
I will pardon your ignorance, you this Islamic terrorist
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by kunleweb: 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
EdiskyHarry:

I will pardon your ignorance, you this Islamic terrorist

Can you read? Smh
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 4:08pm On Feb 04, 2020
He has him self to blame. Papa is a man of God
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by eagleu: 4:13pm On Feb 04, 2020
Yoruba muslims know no boundaries.
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Osidazz19: 4:14pm On Feb 04, 2020
Pure intimidating of journalists. These are the same fools that will be crying and wailing if this had happened on a Buhari related story.

#SHAMLESSHYPOCRITES

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by careytommy37(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2020
HigherEd:

Lmao the Living Faith Church would outlast you. It would only grow stronger after Oyedepo's departure.

And don't be sore, if Oyedepo were to depart for any reason now(God Forbid), you would see the fastest transition ever seen in Church leadership as it would happen within 24 hours.

Instead of you to work hard to attain some relevance in life you are busy wishing another man would die and go into oblivion.

Sir that right there are demons speaking through you. You need real help I hope you get it.

You sef, why are giving attention to a self professed witch

2 Likes

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Them don dey exaggerate this thing.....ki lo sele gangan undecided
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Maromark(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
Witchersunited:

All these feeds into the ego of oyedepo, last last his time will come and he will die, chapter closed, history wouldn't remember him, given the way his church is, there will be crises to choose a new leader, church will end up like church of God mission.

Evil minds. The desire of the wicked shall perish.
You will soon loose your tongue.
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2020
If it's a report about Buhari now and this person was suspended, I wonder what oyedepo would say.

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by RusselChu: 4:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
[s]
post=86373155:
Next time Mr YEMI Ajayi will get his facts right before rushing to publish fake news.

Na blogger blogger him go turn to at last.

The Church is marching on and the gates of hell cannot prevail.

We Rise!
[/s]
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Adewale623(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2020
The media contributed more than 60% to Nigeria problems. They lack professionalism.
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by ruffDiamond: 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2020
RELIGION don fu*ck this shiithole too deep in the a$$!damn !who be oyedepo for crying out?did he invent something ?even the amartphone in his pocket,he hasn't the faintest idea how that technology came about,but in the street of any developed country,he simply just another niggar walking on the street, nobody would pay him any mind! or even so much has a glance ..and he dare not break any of their law,cos they would show him this ain't YOUR SHIITHOLE..now two brothers will lose their job all cos the insignificant d1ckhead ,*spit*
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by mechanics(m): 4:45pm On Feb 04, 2020
They should have verified the facts before taking it to the public.
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by MurphyTheory99(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Whoever approved the story to be on the papers should be suspended too.

This won't happen if there are penalties or the law works.
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by klas(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Daviddson:
I don't even seem to understand how the story found its way into their website with such details. Are they saying the correspondent sat down to concoct that story and an editor gave a green light to have it published or a hacker logged in to their website and planted the story there?

Not necessarily concocted.

They could have been given as exclusive story by an insider either in the embassy or in Winners.

They would think they had caught a big fish especially if previous stories from the same source were genuine, not knowing they were sold fake this time around.

1 Like

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by obazie(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2020
Why is the media always looking for ways to sell stories even at the detriment of peoples image?
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Amarshal: 4:48pm On Feb 04, 2020
kunleweb:
Suspended. What a joke. Look at what leniency causes. If you've been hit a billion quid legal suit and your offices shut down, senses would have hit you that much more should be done than mere suspension. Yeye editors. More like BMC candidates

This goes out to people who employ falsehood to dent other people's character ad reputation just in a bid to achieve a selfish motive or being the first person that breaks the news. Falsehoods does severe damage. Les be guided in how we're quick to sensationalize anything that passes through our ears without subjecting it to confirmation
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Keiyadosh: 4:51pm On Feb 04, 2020
Witchersunited:

and then u will be happy and more money will enter your account and then because of his death and Winners going down,,ur children will pay their school fees right??U stand to benefit a lot sir...I love the way u think
Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by Keiyadosh: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
HigherEd:

Ibiyeomie that would have arrested them...But if someone should do that now and teach em a lesson,,it is the same retards that will be screaming "And he calls himself a man of God"

4 Likes

Re: ThisDay Suspends Staff Over Oyedepo US Visa Report by akenzua74: 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2020
Serve them well. They take delight in ridiculing Christians leaders.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#EndSARS: No Amount Of Attacks Can Deny Tinubu Right To Contest In 2023 –Junaid / Cultists Kill Nine On Valentine’s Day In Rivers / Yoruba Nation Rally Will Hold On June 12 - Olayomi Koiki (Igboho’s Spokesman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.