Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (614866 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Penboy:

Apart from DD, Cash is also needed abeg5.
Lolz
Very true bro.
I had to offload something to get in too.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
I do this often. Sometimes, one has to sell a stock(s) to raise funds to buy another potentially more profitable stock(s). Funding ones account to trade at the current Forex rates can be cumbersome and unprofitable at times.

I recall during the Soludo & Ndi-Okereke Onyiuke's days (around 2004-2008) when the Stockbrokers like BGL, Cashcraft and Banks like UBA et al used to give out margin loans of N5m - N10m+ depending on ones salary and if the person's salary account was domiciled in the particular Bank. Some folks made a kill in the NSE trading with these risky borrowed funds, while some unfortunate ones like one Cooperative Society of a multinational company who invested over N4billion margin loan without proper DD, lost a fortune when the NSE went south.

OakPearl:

Very true bro.
I had to offload something to get in too.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
I do this often. Sometimes, one has to sell a stock(s) to raise funds to buy another potentially more profitable stock(s). Funding ones account to trade at the current Forex rates can be cumbersome and unprofitable at times.

I recall during the Soludo & Ndi-Okereke Onyiuke's days (around 2004-2008) when the Stockbrokers like BGL, Cashcraft and Banks like UBA et al used to give out margin loans of N5m - N10m+ depending on ones salary and if the person's salary account was domiciled in the particular Bank. Some folks made a kill in the NSE trading with these risky borrowed funds, while some unfortunate ones like one Cooperative Society of a multinational company who invested over N4billion margin loan without proper DD, lost a fortune when the NSE went south.

I couldn't agree any less with the bolded.
Do you know that since last year, I have not had to fund my trading/investment account maintained with Trove and Chaka since the last time I did when the exchange rate was N360-$1?
As much as there are many times that action in the market may not be necessary, I have had to juggle my short term stocks for maximum returns when the need arises.

Kai, this bro don tey for this business!
Respect bro! grin
Ndi-Okereke Onyuike was the light that illuminated the NSE. I remember her being brought from the NYSE to reform the NSE during those manual trading years on the floor of the exchange.
God bless her brave soul. cool

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 12:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:

BGL later went under because of such

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Teniolasmart: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2020
Can anybody please give me hints on some Penny stocks to buy
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Last night's 1st US 2020 Presidential election debate puts the EV and renewable energy sectors in focus to benefit from both candidates (DT & JB), especially Mr. JB who clearly stated that if elected, he will add 500,000 EV charging stations. Hence, going forward, the market may likely react positively to stocks like Blink Charging ($BLNK), $SBE, $PLUG, $GEVO et al.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
BGL didn't specifically go defunct because of margin trading. Followiing investigation of several clients complaints, the SEC had banned the BGL MD from participating in the NSE for 20years and subsequently charged him and other executives of the coy to court for "alleged criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and cheating through their activities (i.e. insider trading etc) in the capital market".

afroxyz:

BGL later went under because of such

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mamcoker: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Stocks with potential price action this week: $ACOR (got new enhanced $97m contract from the Dept. of Veterans), $JE (good for day trading today before reverse split tomorrow), $PEIX (gaps to fill btw $8 - $10), $BLNK, $NAK and $SRNE.

Not a recommendation to buy. As usual, DD is required before investing in any stock(s).

Disclosure: I currently own $JE, $PEIX, $NAK and $SRNE. Had done several swing trades in the past on both $ACOR and $BLNK. Looking to re-enter both today.

Bonne chance!

JE reverse split is a catastrophy, I bought at 0.55. when they did the reverse split. at 33:1. each share cost $18 and its now less than $6. lots of people are down.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yok: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
DIVIDEND FOR 30 UNITS OF FRO JUST LANDED

Very happy this morning that dividend for FRO just hit my wallet. The most interesting this is that there was no tax deduction (Midstream Company), dividend was treated as if paid by a Reit.

Hello Oakpeal, I will send you a DM for you phone contact, I owe U a small recharge card ASAP for being the "Onyenmecha Uzoh 1" of this forum.

Going forward the dividend will either be withdrawn or use to buy OPK. Bought OPK at 3.62

Let us all continue to support the form and assist ourselves both as individuals and as group. Also, the market is more for trading, we should avoid this buy and hold mentality (except for the blue chips: Apple , Tesla, Altria etc) the market is a risky place especially at a time like this. But equally, the opportunities in the market are so versed that people like us cannot do without the market.

Caution: This is for information purpose only. Data used are assumed to be correct. However, you may want to verify the data from an appropriate source. Also, Institutions can afford to suffer big losses without going burst compared with an individual, you cannot follow them blindly (you need to at least have some knowledge/your own plan). This document remains the personal property of Target technical analysis https://twitter.com/AnalysisTarget

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2020
Sad that you bought at a relatively high pre-split price. Before the reverse-split, $JE was good for any type of trading...day trade, short term, long term etc.

$JE reverse split amongst other recapitalization plans, was actually made by the Company to enhance long term profitability, which would likely increase the share price once earnings (EPS etc) improve due to reduced post-split shares currently being traded.

If you didn't invest for only short term gains/profit and not under pressure to sell at a loss, then you may have to hold a little until the run-up to $JE's next Quarterly earnings report. With Winter coming when consumers typically use more energy, earnings should be good enough to drive the price much higher than what it is now. Besides, $JE's 52weeks share price high is over $90 before the company ran into murky waters.

mamcoker:

JE reverse split is a catastrophy, I bought at 0.55. when they did the reverse split. at 33:1. each share cost $18 and its now less than $6. lots of people are down.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by mamcoker: 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Sad that you bought at a relatively high pre-split price. Before the reverse-split, $JE was good for any type of trading...day trade, short term, long term etc.

$JE reverse split amongst other recapitalization plans, was actually made by the Company to enhance long term profitability, which would likely increase the share price once earnings (EPS etc) improve due to reduced post-split shares currently being traded.

If you didn't invest for only short term gains/profit and . not under pressure to sell at a loss, then you may have to

hold a little until the run-up to $JE's next Quarterly earnings report. With Winter coming when consumers typically use more energy, earnings should be good enough to drive the price much higher than what it is now. Besides, $JE's 52weeks share price high is over $90 before the company ran into murky waters.

thank you very much bro. I am not ready to sell at loss. the annoying part is that I hate penny stocks. I decided to give it a try and dat happened to me.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
BGL didn't specifically go defunct because of margin trading. Followiing investigation of several clients complaints, the SEC had banned the BGL MD from participating in the NSE for 20years and subsequently charged him and other executives of the coy to court for "alleged criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and cheating through their activities (i.e. insider trading etc) in the capital market".

Nah. I meant loans issued to staff. Smokescreen for insider trading
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
Datadog in explosive mood today

They announced a partnership with Microsoft Azure, the stock just skyrocketed, currently 15% daily uplift , honestly, I never expected it.

I understand why insider trading is frowned upon, lol.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2020
New stock Alert

1. Asana incorporated

2. Palantir technologies

Both listed today, trading has commenced on both Asana palantir

Worth checking out for short term gains.

2 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IYGEAL(m): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
I'm out of SHLL, because I can grin grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by civilserva: 8:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
Honestyy:
GOOD NEWS FOR ALL INVESTORS

Falcon-golden is fast paying
Here is the link:

https://falcon-golden.com/?ref=Golden1

100% safe

Instant withdrawal
See withdrawal proof below:

Number of days online 1

I can't see this stock in Bamboo or chaka??
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
ebuka1997:

Pton is definitely breaking $100

Pton broke $100, May retest it soon

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebuka1997: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
BLAQBOYFLY:
Short term Buy but a lot of new players would enter the indoor workout scene over the next 6 months & would def take some market share.

The selling point of pton is the community and luxury, they’re multiple electric vehicles but tesla still leads.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Teniolasmart: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2020
civilserva:

I can't see this stock in Bamboo or chaka??
lol that isn't a stock bro
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2020
The US President DT has signed an executive order aimed at expanding domestic production of rare-earth minerals that are vital to many critical manufacturing sectors, thereby reducing dependence on China.

$NAK share price has gone parabolic with over 40% gain at premarket trading. This was coming as stated in my previous post on this stock and the post below on Monday, 28th Sept. Lets see how far this beauty would run.

Jayjaycee18:
Stocks with potential price action this week: $ACOR (got new enhanced $97m contract from the Dept. of Veterans), $JE (good for day trading today before reverse split tomorrow), $PEIX (gaps to fill btw $8 - $10), $BLNK, $NAK and $SRNE.

Not a recommendation to buy. As usual, DD is required before investing in any stock(s).

Disclosure: I currently own $JE, $PEIX, $NAK and $SRNE. Had done several swing trades in the past on both $ACOR and $BLNK. Looking to re-enter both today.

Bonne chance!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 9:53am On Oct 01, 2020
What do we think of ASAN here guys, is it too early to jump in? grin
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lafuria1(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2020
Tobex4realTobex234:

Too early to jump in, let it pull back to get idea of how the stock will behave
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jayjaycee18: 10:33am On Oct 01, 2020
Asana ($ASAN) is a good workplace software set up by a co-founder of Facebook ($FB). You can look to either "day trade" for now to make quick gains based on its current IPO hype or buy to hold for mid/long term gains. The actual financial print shows the coy is not yet profitable but should be on the long run.

Asana's last quarterly report as at July 31 showed revenue of $52million (up YOY by 57%). However, net loss during the period went up to $41.1 million, in comparison to a $15.6 million loss for the same period last year.

Tobex4realTobex234:
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2020
Chinese Tesla "Xpeng" available on NYSE...
Good buy right?
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
Thanks Jaycee, that was very objective!
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kunlef1: 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2020
mamcoker:

JE reverse split is a catastrophy, I bought at 0.55. when they did the reverse split. at 33:1. each share cost $18 and its now less tjhan $6. lots of people are down.

Agreed. I sold my previous stock but got in again at 0.30, which is about $9:00 at reverse split. I am down more than 50% as of 1hr ago. I eould not have bought if I knew reverse split was imminent. It always seems to be negative. Had same experience with $SALT. Dropped from $20 after reverse split to less than $12 since June.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:44am On Oct 02, 2020
ebuka1997:

Pton is definitely breaking $100

Mehn, I bought before earnings and sold at $95 for a nice profit. The stock is unstoppable, even renowned short seller Andrew Left has thrown in the towel and he's now regretting why he didn't go long.
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by YerYer: 12:58am On Oct 02, 2020
Look who's back into Overstock (OSTK) after losing a nice chunk. I bought the November 20th $65 call yesterday; played it safe by picking an In-the-money strike price and an expiration date 7 weeks away. Bed Bath & Beyond reported a surprise profit yesterday and the stock shot up over 30% today! All the home decor retailers like Overstock (OSTK) Wayfair(W) and At Home Inc (HOME) shot up nicely inresponse. I'm Currently up 40% on the call option.

If another stimulus package is approved, the home decor retailers will benefit big time. Once they approve the stimulus, I will add to my position immediately, if its not approved, I will sell and run.

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Ochosteve08: 5:38am On Oct 02, 2020
Jayjaycee18:
Last night's 1st US 2020 Presidential election debate puts the EV and renewable energy sectors in focus to benefit from both candidates (DT & JB), especially Mr. JB who clearly stated that if elected, he will add 500,000 EV charging stations. Hence, going forward, the market may likely react positively to stocks like Blink Charging ($BLNK), $SBE, $PLUG, $GEVO et al.
Please which app do you use for trading? I can't find some of these names on chaka
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2020
YerYer:
Look who's back into Overstock (OSTK) after losing a nice chunk. I bought the November 20th $65 call yesterday; played it safe by picking an In-the-money strike price and an expiration date 7 weeks away. Bed Bath & Beyond reported a surprise profit yesterday and the stock shot up over 30% today! All the home decor retailers like Overstock (OSTK) Wayfair(W) and At Home Inc (HOME) shot up nicely inresponse. I'm Currently up 40% on the call option.

If another stimulus package is approved, the home decor retailers will benefit big time. Once they approve the stimulus, I will add to my position immediately, if its not approved, I will sell and run.

Like Robert Schuller will say, "tough times don't last, tough people do"!
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2020
President Trump has announced that he contracted covid-19!
This will send the stock market on a downward slide today.

With hindsight, this could be another opportunity to buy that once elusive premium stock at a reasonably low price.

Ultimately, you may do as occasionally pleases you.
Happy Independence great people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (431) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.