Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:29 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (235) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (597509 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (425) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MaziHarri: 2:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
Can you please share the names of the telegram group
posty56:
is going fine ever since I joined some telegram groups thanks for caring will update you.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
MaziHarri:
Can you please share the names of the telegram group
wealth hackers.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 4:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
posty56:
wealth hackers.
Check stock market Academy (Advisory 1)

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
Phraences:

In this life you need money to make better money. Imagine a stock doing 100% and you only have $50 in that stock. Joy and sadness at the same time.

That's why the rule is "go big or go home".

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
So many new names this January. Every bull season attracts new faces.
Una welcome oo

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2021
Phraences:

In this life you need money to make better money. Imagine a stock doing 100% and you only have $50 in that stock. Joy and sadness at the same time.
Why dont you ask for startegies/parameters/metrics he uses to select stocks so that you can improve on your own? angry

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 6:47pm On Jan 24, 2021
yazga:
Check stock market Academy (Advisory 1)
will do

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MaziHarri: 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
Please if you have any strategy/parameters, please share. I really need to know how to source for stocks
afroxyz:

Why dont you ask for startegies/parameters/metrics he uses to select stocks so that you can improve on your own? angry

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Primrose9ja: 7:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
Please I'm new and doing lots of research which brought me here. How do one go about ABML, I can't find it on passfolio.... I need opinions on fractional shares too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by afroxyz: 8:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
MaziHarri:
Please if you have any strategy/parameters, please share. I really need to know how to source for stocks

Its not an easy question because there are many things to consider. One man's stock may be another mans poison.

What is your investime horizon? What is your risk appetite?

If you are long term: macroeconomy (renewable energy), givernment policies (cannabis, online gambling), balance sheet (FAANG), quartely reports (Peloton), society needs (microchips),
guidance, P/E ratio, debt equity ratio,

If you are short term, then you would use technical tools (RSI, MACD, SMA or Fibonacci) or gauge market sentiment.

You may also want to speculate as in bet on the future possibilities of the comoany eg Tesla, Plug .
Stay updated with the news but also fall in love with tickers and do your own research. Choose a sector you like and try and read about the less popular comoanies in that sector that the market may not have noticed. e.g if you like fintech, even though the market knows sauqre and paypal, look into companies such as fiserv. If you like renewables look into compnies like GE.

Try to look for rekated industries too. For example if you like EVs, then you may want to look into battery storage companies.

Above all, try and read as much as you can.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 8:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Leezah:
23yrs!!! you are suppose to mentor people here ooo

Small boy like me?
I started investing early that's why oh.
I no sabi anything. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
OakPearl:

Small boy like me? I started investing early that's why oh. I no sabi anything. grin
You are Odogwu

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Workflow: 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
Boss, your wealth of experience and knowledge has been a blessing to us. Thank you sir.

Pls can you give the names of telegram groups you participate in so that we can also be part of the community. Thank you.
OakPearl:

Small boy like me?
I started investing early that's why oh.
I no sabi anything. grin

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by OakPearl(m): 9:07pm On Jan 24, 2021
Workflow:
Boss, your wealth of experience and knowledge has been a blessing to us. Thank you sir.

Pls can you give the names of telegram groups you participate in so that we can also be part of the community. Thank you.

None my brother.
Just personal study and following market activities on various media fronts.
And believe me, its hard work.

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 9:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
$THCB (Tuscan Holdings Corp.)
(This will also be my )
‘hope I am not late?

WHY DO I THINK THCB WILL RALLY THIS WEEK OR NEXT?
I believe the only thing holding this SPAC to go to the moon is Definite Agreement (DA). With DA and a good PR, I see this SPAC doing a $QS or something similar in terms of price action.

I believe $THCB already got an extension in Dec 2020 to 30th of April 2021. Letter of intent ("LOI"wink with Microvast Inc. was confirmed 13th of Nov 2020. For SPACs that signed LOI the average time b/w LOI and DA is roughly 68 days, hence I am optimistic that DA will be out this week or the next. In addition, Microvast, though headquarter in NY, operates in China (they also have operations in Germany, Europe), I believe they will make this announcement before the Chinese New year which is the 11th of Feb.

CAVEAT: It is important you do your DD before getting into this if you don’t have it already. There is nervousness out there because people think they are taking there time to come up with a DA. Personally, I am optimistic, I think the management of this will be slightly challenged due to travel restrictions, negotiations & meeting with three different continents, language barrier and topped with Christmas holidays that added to the time.

For info on intend to combine: https://www.webull.com/news/25098161

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MaziHarri: 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thanks a lot, I appreciate. One love [Qquote author=afroxyz post=98405670]

Its not an easy question because there are many things to consider. One man's stock may be another mans poison.

If you are long term: macroeconomy (renewable energy), givernment policies (cannabis, online gambling), balance sheet (FAANG), quartely reports (Peloton), society needs (microchips),

If you are short term, then you would use technical tools (RSI, MACD, SMA or Fibonacci) or gauge market sentiment.

You may also want to speculate as in bet on the future possibilities of the comoany eg Tesla, Plug .
Stay updated with the news but also fall in love with tickers and do your own research. Choose a sector you like and try and read about the less popular comoanies in that sector that the market may not have noticed. e.g if you like fintech, even though the market knows sauqre and paypal, look into companies such as fiserv. If you like renewables look into compnies like GE.

Try to look for rekated industries too. For example if you like EVs, then you may want to look into battery storage companies.

Above all, try and read as much as you can. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MaziHarri: 10:06pm On Jan 24, 2021
Thanks a lot. I appreciate.
afroxyz:

Above all, try and read as much as you can.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by MaziHarri: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
Check Trading212 or Bamboo or Trove
Primrose9ja:
Please I'm new and doing lots of research which brought me here. How do one go about ABML, I can't find it on passfolio.... I need opinions on fractional shares too. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Kennyking1234: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin basically me

7 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by kwende(m): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
When I sell stocks in Passfolio, are taxes deducted from the sales?

Thanks

passfolio:

Hi Hattbricker,

This is David the founder of Passfolio - thank you for using Passfolio! I want to reassure you that if you submitted a withdrawal it is being processed. All withdrawals have been processed on time except for three. Two withdrawals had an error saying the bank was unavailable at the time of the request. When this happens we resubmit the withdrawal periodically until it processes. One of these happened maybe 1-2 weeks ago and was completed and there is another one right now we are working on processing.

One additional problem has come up with a misconfiguration in Flutterwave that we are working to fix ASAP that is impacting one withdrawal (I'm guessing yours). We only recently launched the Nigeria forex support so this bug is new but Flutterwave should fix the issue Wednesday Nigeria time. You did select instant so it should have processed by now - if you're the user that emailed support we already replied and gave a reward for the amount of the fees because of the issue. Sorry for the delay and we are working to get it distributed ASAP. If you have any other questions you can email support@passfolio.us or me at david at passfolio.us

Sincerely,
David Gobaud
Passfolio CEO & Founder

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:10am On Jan 25, 2021
Traders usually go for low to mid cap companies that would give them quick returns, while investors prepared well established, top companies with capital protection and gradual growth in mind. We should always remember "trading" is different from "investing" in stock business.

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 7:13am On Jan 25, 2021
You have to build "oh damn it" into your portfolio.

Always keeping a 10-15% contingency(untouchable cash) and 10% working capital(touchable cash) will help cover you on the day of reckoning or special needs.

On a $100k cap portfolio, that's $25k to make sure the portfolio stays up and going or at least has something to stand on, no matter what the market throws at you.

Good morning

6 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EarlyCareer: 8:18am On Jan 25, 2021
House, there are rumours that a strong correction might happen this year. I think we should bear this in mind, and also keep some cash for buying the dips when it happens.

8 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by yazga: 8:23am On Jan 25, 2021
Financial Literacy

Heard of Portfolio Diversification?

In investments, not putting your eggs in one basket is called "Portfolio Diversification."

Portfolio diversification is the process of investing your money in different asset classes.

It's basically having a blend of investments.
Diversification is key to keeping your portfolio balance healthy – especially in periods of economic downturn.

Why Is It Important to diversify?

It’s simple! To minimise the overall risk.

In the event of you carrying all your eggs in one basket, there's a greater risk of you losing all of them if something bad happens.

However, if you place your eggs in different baskets, you still have some eggs left if anything happens to one of the baskets. This can also be likened to your investments.

When you effectively diversify your portfolio, you minimise risks. So, even if unforeseen market events come up, all your investments will not be uniformly affected.

How Can You Diversify Your Portfolio?

1. Choose A Range of Assets
This means dividing your investment portfolio among different asset categories such as stocks, mutual funds, bonds, etc.

2. Spread Your Investments
After choosing your range of assets, spread your money across them. If you're much younger, you can afford to take more risks and be aggressive with growth.

However, if you are older, you can’t be as aggressive. You should spread your investments more conservatively.

3. Invest In Global Markets
The internet has made it easy and possible to invest in both local market & the global window.

With the help of your mobile phone, you can easily invest in the Nigeria Stock Exchange, US or London Stock Market, etc to mention a few.

When you invest in global markets, you get exposed to investment opportunities that are not present locally and hedge currency risk.

4. Rebalance Your Portfolio Regularly
Portfolio diversification is not a one-off event.
Ensure you keep building your portfolio.

There is a concept called "cost averaging."

Cost averaging helps you to put a fixed amount of money into an investment at regular intervals, thereby cutting down investment risks.

5. Don’t Over-diversify
If you hold too many assets, it can do more harm than good to your portfolio. This means if you over-diversify, you may be holding back your capacity for growth.

This is because if you have little proportions of your money in different or too many investments, your portfolio risk is definitely low, and so is your expected rate of returns.

While portfolio diversification is important, we should not go overboard and spread it too thinly or even invest in assets that we don't require. You’ll also be dedicating time as well as capital, as diversification requires the regular monitoring of the health of your portfolio. Some investors choose to open fully managed portfolios, to pass over this responsibility to a professional.

We should also know that diversification doesn't mean the possiblity of losses getting incurred is eliminated completely.

When you diversify and balance effectively, you lower the risk of losses to the barest minimum. ⁣

10 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 9:27am On Jan 25, 2021
wink
posty56:
is going fine ever since I joined some telegram groups thanks for caring will update you.

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 9:31am On Jan 25, 2021
$CLII

* EV power charging
* Solid company
* SPAC merger with EVgo
* did 65% on Friday. Could do more this week

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Primrose9ja: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2021
MaziHarri:
Check Trading212 or Bamboo or Trove
I've checked out Bamboo & Trove. Not there either. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:30am On Jan 25, 2021
Being glued to your phone, always checking where your trades and PnL are at... it’s junkie behavior.

I don't say this in a demeaning way.

I was that junkie. It's not fun. Nor is it profitable.

One way or another, you gotta change that.

Hard-working traders:

• Chase trades
• Are glued to their screens all-day
• Trade everything that moves

Smart-working traders:

• Chill and let trades come to them
• Limit their screen time
• Specialize–develop a 'feel' for a few select names and only trade them

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:36am On Jan 25, 2021
BREAKING:

*GAMESTOP SHARES SOAR 70% IN PREMARKET TRADE AS EPIC
' SHORT-SQUEEZE RALLY CONTINUES

4 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2021
Apple sets an all time high pre-market. The company will announce its Q4 results on Wednesday. The results will give us a glimpse into iPhone 12 numbers and the recently launched subscription bundles.

3 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 11:51am On Jan 25, 2021
My top stock picks this week:
$SOLO - 14.8%
$FEYE - 7.0%
$FUBO - 14.5%
$LAZR - 13.1%
$GP - 12.8%

My top watchlist this week:
$PEIX - 9.2%
$TSLA - 7.3%
$AMD - 6.0%
$PFE - 2.7%
$COTY - 12.7%

5 Likes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by SMA50: 11:56am On Jan 25, 2021
Leezah:
My top stock picks this week:
$SOLO - 14.8%
$FEYE - 7.0%
$FUBO - 14.5%
$LAZR - 13.1%
$GP - 12.8%

My top watchlist this week:
$PEIX - 9.2%
$TSLA - 7.3%
$AMD - 6.0%
$PFE - 2.7%
$COTY - 12.7%

Well done. $COUV, $ATOS, $NNDM, $PLTR are good to keep an eye on and plan near-perfect entry positions for this week

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) ... (425) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.