|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,742,699 members, 6,506,116 topics. Date: Friday, 24 September 2021 at 09:55 PM
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jerry59: 8:27am On Jan 30|
Oyindamolah:Let's say you bought 4 shares of amc for $10 and it later falls to $6... To average down you buy another 4 shares at that $6 so that when you add the whole shares and divide by 2 it becomes $8 for the 8 shares at average price. You can decide to still average down again if you want.
The advantage is that when the share price rises you now have more units because you bought when it dipped. This strategy should only be used for a stock you believe in and have done a thorough DD so as not to end of with bags.
Hope this helps, cheers!
14 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Oyindamolah: 8:57am On Jan 30|
Jerry59:is this what you mean?
4 for $10
4 for $6
total shares $16/2= $8
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jerry59: 9:01am On Jan 30|
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ebukason3(m): 9:40am On Jan 30|
This average price
First price = $10
Second price = $6
Average price = ($10 + $6 ) ÷ 2 = $8
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EchoLima262: 1:54pm On Jan 30|
[quote author=ebukason3 post=98574275]
This average price
First price = $10
Second price = $6
Average price = ($10 + $6 ) ÷ 2 = $8[/qu
Your formula will not work in case of multiple purchases! It is better you work it properly as follows:
4units @ $10 = $40
4units @ $6 = $24
Total of 2 transactions = $64
Average price is Total cost divided by number of units
$64/8 = $8
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hamachi: 2:03pm On Jan 30|
I am enjoying the discussion here. Never knew Nigerian were this Intelligent.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hamachi: 2:05pm On Jan 30|
6 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hamachi: 2:12pm On Jan 30|
Look out for this on any trading app for stocks you wish to buy
PE: 15 or lower
PEG: 1 or lower
P/B ratio: 3 or lower
ROA: 5% or higher
Current Ratio: 1:2 or 2
Quick Ratio: 1:1
Bid price are buyers
Ask price are sellers
Use Limit order on all your app if you don't have the liver to trade
In addition, most Nigeria trading app DO NOT have ALL stocks so it best you start looking out for your own portfolio using the above criteria to purchase a stock.
Finally, invest what you can afford to loose.
18 Likes 5 Shares
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by coolangel54(f): 4:06pm On Jan 30|
Thank you sir.
But is there anythingbwrong buying shares at Market price without using limit buy or sell buy or whatever terminology there is
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Hamachi: 5:31pm On Jan 30|
coolangel54:No there is nothing wrong.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EarlyCareer: 6:13pm On Jan 30|
Not been here for a while....
this is not a game of I am right and others are wrong or me trying to act superior to others.
Just passing the information and an admonition for us all to stay safe with our money.
May the markets favour us.
Edit: I follow them but as others have said their stock picks and how they operate is more times very dangerous play.
7 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DaBogu: 12:44am On Jan 31|
NOK is the play. Can't lose.
Nokia highlights ($50+ price target):
1. Most essential 5g patents in the world
2. Fastest 5G speeds recorded
3. Controls over 27% of the 4/5G market
4. First company contracted to set up internet on the moon (NASA)
5. Will receive MULTI BILLION dollar settlements from ongoing litigations with Mercedes Benz and Lenovo
6. Technology provider and main collaborator of the National Security Center of Excellence 5G Cybersecurity Project (Federal 5G project)
7. Selected to be the main collaborator of the Hexa 6G European Union Project
8. Has pending Department of Defense contracts yet to awarded
9. Just sealed a contract with TMOBILE for US 5G roll out.
10. Has and will take market share from Huawei, already has secured multi year deals with important Chinese companies
11. Blackrock increased their position to 333,000,000 shares during 2020, an increase of 21 million shares held from the year before (7% increase)
12. May also be getting back into the phone business as they are manufacturing phones in India (imagine if they became big again)
10 Likes 1 Share
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by traveluk: 11:26am On Jan 31|
Please, how do I go about stop loss? Anyone that has indent knowledge should please come to my rescue and give me the steps on passfolio. Thanks in advance
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by traveluk: 11:31am On Jan 31|
OakPearl:Brother, I use passfolio. How do I go about stop loss? Thanks in advance
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Pojomojo: 12:02pm On Jan 31|
For our stocks most people will focus on $AMC, $GME.
For silver $AG, $SLV, $SIL
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DaBogu: 12:22pm On Jan 31|
I WISH I HAD KNOWN THESE PROFOUND DISTINCTIONS BETWEEN INTELLIGENCE AND WISDOM!!!
1. Intelligence leads to arguments.
Wisdom leads to settlements.
2. Intelligence is power of will.
Wisdom is power OVER will.
3. Intelligence is heat, it burns.
Wisdom is warmth, it comforts.
4. Intelligence is pursuit of knowledge, it tires the seeker.
Wisdom is pursuit of truth, it inspires the seeker.
5. Intelligence is holding on.
Wisdom is letting go.
6. Intelligence leads you.
Wisdom guides you.
7. An intelligent man thinks he knows everything.
A wise man knows that there is still something to learn.
8. An intelligent man always tries to prove his point.
A wise man knows there really is no point.
9. An intelligent man freely gives unsolicited advice.
A wise man keeps his counsel until all options are considered.
10. An intelligent man understands what is being said.
A wise man understands what is left unsaid.
11. An intelligent man speaks when he has to say something.
A wise man speaks when he has something to say.
12. An intelligent man sees everything as relative.
A wise man sees everything as related.
13. An intelligent man tries to control the mass flow.
A wise man navigates the mass flow.
14. An intelligent man preaches.
A wise man reaches.
*Intelligence is good*
*but wisdom achieves better results.*
May we continue to grow in wisdom. � ...
6 Likes 2 Shares
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Pojomojo: 12:34pm On Jan 31|
WHY I THINK AMC WILL GO MUCH HIGHER THAN GME
SO Why AMC?
1. AMC has a smaller market cap than NOK in other words, technically with the same amount money pumping AMC or NOK, AMC is much easier to push the price up (So its improtant to buy and hold)
2. Not for all, but for many, GME is a lot more expensive to invest than AMC. + I'm positive that many people will take profit from GME next week. + these GME investors will also move into AMC.
3. AMC is more heavily shorted than NOK, we just need to push above the resistence, hopefully on monday premarket to fly to the moon. (+ Biden admin might allow hwuawei to work again which would crush 5G market)
4. last point, what RH and other brokers did is pretty bleeped up but the bottom line is that, unfortuantely, for now, our market is not so free for people like us. with having said that, I believe AMC will likely be the last or one of the last few stocks that will get this type of attention, boost, and support + buy.
this is because i think the regulators/hedgefund is coming up with plans rn as we speak to do something about this revolution and will eventually find a way to Bleep us over.
But MOST IMPORTANTLY, I just think these fuckers will simply not have enough time to stop AMC short squeeze or to kick in regulations and therefore will give the free market the benifit of doubt of succeding in our goals to demand free market.
Thus, again going back to my point earlier, I think GME and AMC will most likely be the last stocks where the biggest squeeze can happen in foreseeable future in shorterm.
One day, the time for NOK can come...?
HOWEVER for now, AMC is the play. If you can afford to buy GME, great u do that, but most traders on this chat/reddit/etc will probably can buy more shares of AMC and make more money.
As much as we have nostalgic memory of gamestop, we also have fucking unforgettable memories at AMC.
Harry potter series as a kid to then to lord of the rings and then getting way to fucking high to go see Avatar in IMAX was one of the most epic moments in my life.
So Bleep all the other ticker right now because its AMC and GME.
Get with the fucking program because I really believe AMC can be the next GME to show these manipulating fuckers that our free market is not to be bleeped with anymore.
MR. Paulette Adegoke
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 12:45pm On Jan 31|
In addition, to the current craze
⚜️The pump on #XRP today is due to whales planning to mass buy XRP on Monday, something similar to what we saw with the WSB Reddit group pumping the price of Gamestop.
⚜️We will be monitoring XRP carefully over the next couple of days as this momentum cant be ignored. Getting involved with mass pumps can also lead to mass losses as you don't know who is behind it and when they decide to smash the red button.
⚜️Obviously, PnD price actions are a scam, and a majority of people who get involved (thanks to the social media pressure) lose money, except the few people who got in early.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by horlajide: 4:08pm On Jan 31|
Unfortunately, unlike Trove and T212, Passfolio offers this as a premium/paid service of $10 monthly. Basically, stop loss means you set a specific limit/price below the amount the stock is currently trading. If the price falls to that amount the sell order is automatically triggered to help minimize your loss.
That way you may not need to constantly monitor the price movement. To the best of my knowledge, it is applicable for whole shares not fractional shares.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by traveluk: 4:59pm On Jan 31|
Thanks bro. I will have to move my securities/stocks from Passfolio once T121 open registration afresh. Do you have idea on how to move stocks from one broker to another?
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 5:10pm On Jan 31|
How do you set SL on T212?
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by pauloverdi: 12:18am On Feb 01|
Bros I take this as an insult�. Are Nigerians not the ones managing every company in the private sector in Nigeria? Do u know that it's actually a miracle that Nigerian companies can stay afloat in the ever present harsh economic setting we find ourselves in? I've worked abroad and in Nigeria, and I can tell u that many of the companies abroad will collapse totally if they had to work in the Nigerian environment that we are doing so well in. We get brain. Na bad govt and corruption dey hold us down.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by ggoldmine(f): 12:26am On Feb 01|
Now Biden is promoting 'Made in America', do you think they stand a chance in the US 5G market? How do they compete with companies like Gilat? I'd love your opinion on those.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 2:46am On Feb 01|
Earnings for the week
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DaBogu: 7:04am On Feb 01|
IyaTola:Point 2 spot on.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 10:43am On Feb 01|
Very few brokers offer in-specie transfers i.e. transfer of the actual stocks.
In most cases, you have to sell your positions, move out the cash and then buy the stocks over again at the new broker.
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by whytey: 11:06am On Feb 01|
Hello, Am new here and am using passfolio. How do I pay for the monthly premium and how do I setup the Stop limit whenever am trading?
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by whytey: 11:08am On Feb 01|
Hello, please what do you mean by Earnings for the week?
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Jotrade: 11:57am On Feb 01|
Go to YouTube and watch free videos
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lavylilly: 2:34pm On Feb 01|
Cannabis Stocks Watchlist: Schumer Pushes for Legalization $Spy
|Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lavylilly: 2:35pm On Feb 01|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204