Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Us Stocks Pick Alert - Investment (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Us Stocks Pick Alert (609608 Views)

MTN Shares Pick Alert / My Stock Plays in US Stocks Market / Buying US Stocks From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (430) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by lavylilly: 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
1kinggy:

Their system is overwhelmed and they have backlog registration to sort. Some people here are yet to finalise their verifications too.
They should be fast they have more stocks than Passfolio, bamboo ,trove & Chaka combined.

Commission and exchange rate is VERY low compared to the mentioned apps.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
1kinggy:
I'd suggest people exercise caution with the way they dump information here. Especially copying from other platforms. The effect on the short term may create an image of a guru but on the long term, many fingers will be burnt and images battered.

If you don't to "show your workings", use the bikini � approach, show some and keep some. Let the trader/investor complete the last lap of due diligence.
thank you! ,I see a lot of copy and paste from telegram groups and Twitter here and I just shake my head.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by QuinModah(f): 9:35am On Feb 13, 2021
Invest what you can afford to loose don't follow the crowd, due diligence is advise, smart Investors enter the market when it's quiet and make profit when there is an upward trend.

If you ain't ready to invest your time, money and resources to researching LEAVE the market immediately

Good morning!

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by QuinModah(f): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2021
1kinggy:
I'd suggest people exercise caution with the way they dump information here. Especially copying from other platforms. The effect on the short term may create an image of a guru but on the long term, many fingers will be burnt and images battered.

If you don't to "show your workings", use the bikini � approach, show some and keep some. Let the trader/investor complete the last lap of due diligence.
There will always be looser and winners that how the market works.The market needs new fresh of looser, let them dump more

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 10:02am On Feb 13, 2021
1kinggy:

Their system is overwhelmed and they have backlog registration to sort. Some people here are yet to finalise their verifications too.

Like yours truly. Just did mine anyways since last year.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2021
QuinModah:
There will always be looser and winners that how the market works.The market needs new fresh of looser, let them dump more

The purpose of the thread is to help people WIN, subject to them doing their due diligence.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Coolcash1: 10:43am On Feb 13, 2021
I know we have a lot of newbies joining the forum now to trade in US stock market and it cannot be overemphasized, the need to always go extra mile before investing in any stocks. Same goes for the useless reddit stock alert disguised under fighting HFs (hedge funds) in shorting under performing stocks. People should not blindly follow alerts or stock picks or copy trading thinking they could make fast money from it because more often than not it always end in premium tears! The truth is, 99% of the time, the person/analyst giving the alert has already taken position in the stock and needs to push the price up.

So that people don't get me wrong and those who have taken it upon themselves as a service to this forum by posting stock alerts don't get discouraged, their selfless spirit is appreciated but there is need for users of such information to carry out due diligence on their own before committing your hard earned funds.

Where you are deficient in skill and knowledge to carryout such exercise, follow the steps below;

1. Is the stock trending or consolidating?
2. What is causing the stock to behave or move in such manner?
3. Look for news catalysts; launching of new products, FDA approval, strategic alliances (GSAT and Qualcomm) etc
4. Find out the nature and performance of the company's product?
5. Is it a single or multiple product company?
6. Does the product give the company competitive edge over its competitors?
7. Is the company growing demand for its product or shrinking.
8. Is there any government policy which may likely impact or boost revenue performance of the company
9. Is revenue growing or declining? If declining, ask why?
10. Is operating income (profit before tax) growing at expected rate?
11. If the company is at development stage (most bio-tech companies fall under this category), what is their cash burn rate?
12. Check the liquidity condition. What is the size of cash at bank? Is receivable decreasing or increasing viz-a-viz short term payable. How is operating cashflow utilized.
13. Does the company have debt in their capital structure or solely equity financed? Note that too much debt exposes shareholders to huge financial risk?
14. Is the debt performing or not.
15. Look out for any going concern threat e.g hertz cab, AMC, etc
16. Insider trading
17. Resignation or employment of key management staff e.g. managing director, chief finance officer etc
18... Any other relevant information.

My one cent.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by QuinModah(f): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2021
tot:

The purpose of the thread is to help people WIN, subject to them doing their due diligence.
Ma'am the US stock market is not like the NSE. From the little I have read here just a handful are doing DD. Many are just following the crowd and will get hurt in no time.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2021
QuinModah:
Ma'am the US stock market is not like the NSE. From the little I have read here just a handful are doing DD. Many are just following the crowd and will get hurt in no time.

I never said the 2 markets are the same, was simply responding to your comment that the market needs more losers so the dumping can continue.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by QuinModah(f): 11:18am On Feb 13, 2021
Coolcash1:
I know we have a lot of newbies joining the forum now to trade in US stock market and it cannot be overemphasized, the need to always go extra mile before investing in any stocks. Same goes for the useless reddit stock alert disguised under fighting HFs (hedge funds) in shorting under performing stocks. People should not blindly follow alerts or stock picks or copy trading thinking they could make fast money from it because more often than not it always end in premium tears! The truth is, 99% of the time, the person/analyst giving the alert has already taken position in the stock and needs to push the price up.

So that people don't get me wrong and those who have taken it upon themselves as a service to this forum by posting stock alerts don't get discouraged, their selfless spirit is appreciated but there is need for users of such information to carry out due diligence on their own before committing your hard earned funds.

Where you are deficient in skill and knowledge to carryout such exercise, follow the steps below;

1. Is the stock trending or consolidating?
2. What is causing the stock to behave or move in such manner?
3. Look for news catalysts; launching of new products, FDA approval, strategic alliances (GSAT and Qualcomm) etc
4. Find out the nature and performance of the company's product?
5. Is it a single or multiple product company?
6. Does the product give the company competitive edge over its competitors?
7. Is the company growing demand for its product or shrinking.
8. Is there any government policy which may likely impact or boost revenue performance of the company
9. Is revenue growing or declining? If declining, ask why?
10. Is operating income (profit before tax) growing at expected rate?
11. If the company is at development stage (most bio-tech companies fall under this category), what is their cash burn rate?
12. Check the liquidity condition. What is the size of cash at bank? Is receivable decreasing or increasing viz-a-viz short term payable. How is operating cashflow utilized.
13. Does the company have debt in their capital structure or solely equity financed? Note that too much debt exposes shareholders to huge financial risk?
14. Is the debt performing or not.
15. Look out for any going concern threat e.g hertz cab, AMC, etc
16. Insider trading
17. Resignation or employment of key management staff e.g. managing director, chief finance officer etc
18... Any other relevant information.

My one cent.
The bolded is what sub/Reddit group did the group onwer made $11m after taking position, has been verified by Twitter, has a Telegram group, Instagram page and a Facebook group, many that joined THE CROWD are in premium tears, other sold at a loss, other are hoping the price will trend soon.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by QuinModah(f): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2021
tot:

I never said the 2 markets are the same, was simply responding to your comment that the market needs more losers so the dumping can continue.
Yes they do, the market need more looser/amateur who are not ready to take the time and pain to read, research and DD.

People will loose money, many will quit and some will make great returns

Let them take the position I call "Monkey see, monkey do".

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by tot(f): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
QuinModah:
Yes they do, the market need more looser/amateur who are not ready to take the time and pain to read, research and DD.

People will loose money, many will quit and some will make great returns

Let them take the position I call "Monkey see, monkey do".

My point is the aim of this thread is not to create or add to those losers.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EarlyCareer: 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2021
Thanks kings, coolcash, quinmodah and other contributors.

I agree. The intention to share is good, but the copy pasting is too much o! Especially not even crediting the source of the copy/paste even when it is so obvious! - we all know you didn't write that shit

Let's have engaging discussions as it used to be before. You could share what you got from your telegram group and ask for people to comment, but continuous bombarding of telegram posts sha....

EDIT: to add to what others have said, wallstreetbets and some of these telegram groups are not very good places to learn about US stocks and investing. Stick to level headed good ones.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2021
It been a crazy journey so far, there has been ups and downs in this market.

I started out with as little as $10 and today I am @ $125. Thank you OakPearl for your input.

As a young investor, be SMART and not GREEDY, 15%-20% is a good PROFIT but if your fundamentals & DD are good, you can hold for as long as you wish.

In addition, I have been learning and still learning, here are few I learnt
- The success or failure of a trader depends on EMOTIONS
- You are RESPONSIBLE for every trade the market invokes
- Plan a trade and trade a plan
- Know your entry and exit plan & reason for such trade
- Do not make a decision or trade in the spur of the moment because your sense of judgement is beclouded
- Impulsive trade are very dangerous
- Have a limit to the amount you can risk in a trade i.e. avoid risking more than a certain percentage on your capital e.g. if you started out with $1000, do not risk more than a certain percentage determined by YOU on a trade
- Learn as much as you can, ask questions
- Do not get GREEDY to trade
- Design a trade system that will trade less often
- Develop a method for analysing the market e.g if A should happen B should be in profit
-Develop a money management plan e.g how much you will invest monthly, quarterly and annually
- if you are not sure of a trade, air on the side of caution
- Do not deal with brokers with high commission, shop for the one with the lowest commission
- Traders LOOSE because of lack of DISCIPLINE or IGNORANCE.
- MULTIPLE STREAMS of income is the key to your financial break-through.

Further more, Bamboo, Passfolio, Trove dont have all stocks but take out time go through the stocks in your app. An Investor once said, "invest in your girls friend" they love to wear shoes, bags, clothes, wigs, makeup, lipsticks find the fashion company in your app.

I am trying to olayt into the NSE because with the rising insecurity, health challenges and protest will trigge higher risk in a year married by global pandemic.

Allocate 2% to 8% of your liquid assets to sensible speculative assets or Investments.

Finally, a trader/investor is the weakest link in any trade- Alexander Elder.

Thank you.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Karleb(m): 2:13pm On Feb 13, 2021
EarlyCareer:
Thanks kings, coolcash, quinmodah and other contributors.

I agree. The intention to share is good, but the copy pasting is too much o! Especially not even crediting the source of the copy/paste even when it is so obvious! - we all know you didn't write that shit

Let's have engaging discussions as it used to be before. You could share what you got from your telegram group and ask for people to comment, but continuous bombarding of telegram posts sha....

EDIT: to add to what others have said, wallstreetbets and some of these telegram groups are not very good places to learn about US stocks and investing. Stick to level headed good ones.

I noticed this too.

So many traders forming pro based on copy paste without reference.

From my experience, there intention is not always good.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2021
Don’t spend all your income because it’s not enough. I’ve been there. The 5% or 10% you keep changes you and gives you a little control over the future. Nature teaches us to keep seeds from our harvest. Besides, many went broke few days into the lockdown because of no savings -Sam Adeyemi

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2021
lavylilly:
US Stock Market Pick Alert (USMPA) on TELEGRAM
Karleb and earlycareer great input but this group in particular are for newbies, I was once there but left
Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 2:29pm On Feb 13, 2021
lavylilly:
Your parents are not your emergency FUND

Your children are not your retirement FUND

CREATE WEALTH ON YOUR OWN

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by EarlyCareer: 2:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
Karleb:

I noticed this too.

So many traders forming pro based on copy paste without reference.

From my experience, there intention is not always good.

Sure. I honestly cannot say. It is not a crime to admit to being a learner. Many of them are newbies in investing but treat it as ponzi. On observing, you will notice a trend.

Whether to give off a better opinion of themselves or not, one cannot say. Because one does not want to be misunderstood as a person discouraging others, you are most times tempted to keep quiet and keep observing.

I can never know why a person will pretend to give information he or she cannot defend. This copy paste habit discourages good conversation here. Sometimes they will even modify the post a bit, sometimes over dramatic motivational posts are included..that's one of the reasons the thread is loosing it's value slowly, in my opinion.

Well, I hope things improve. I don't day trade but a lot of us like the learnings here.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Bulletproof: 2:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
What trading platform can I use for day trading aside from Trading 212.

I've been trying to open an account with T212 and its taking forever. Sent them a mail and they replied that they are not taking new customers at the moment.

NB: I currently use bamboo btw.

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by DextrousDavid(m): 2:59pm On Feb 13, 2021
Leezah:
It been a crazy journey so far, there has been up and downs in this market.

I started out with as little as $10 and today I am @ $125. Thank you OakPearl for your input.

As a young investor, be SMART and not GREEDY, 15%-20% is a good PROFIT but if your fundamentals & DD are good, you can hold for as long as you wish.

In addition, I have been learning and still learning, here are few I learnt
- The success or failure of a trader depends on EMOTIONS
- You are RESPONSIBLE for every trade the market invokes
- Plan a trade and trade a plan
- Know your entry and exit plan & reason for such trade
- Do not make a decision or trade in the spur of the moment because your sense of judgement is beclouded
- Impulsive trade are very dangerous
- Have a limit to the amount you can risk in a trade i.e. avoid risking more than a certain percentage on your capital e.g. if you started out with $1000, do not risk more than a certain percentage determined by YOU on a trade
- Learn as much as you can, ask questions
- Do not get GREEDY to trade
- Design a trade system that will trade less often
- Develop a method for analysing the market e.g if A should happen B should be in profit
-Develop a money management plan e.g how much you will invest monthly, quarterly and annually
- if you are not sure of a trade, air on the side of caution
- Do not deal with brokers with high commission, shop for the one with the lowest commission
- Traders LOOSE because of lack of DISCIPLINE or IGNORANCE.
- MULTIPLE STREAMS of income is the key to your financial break-through.

Further more, Bamboo, Passfolio, Trove dont have all stocks but take out time go through the stocks in your app. An Investor once said, "invest in your girls friend" they love to wear shoes, bags, clothes, wigs, makeup, lipsticks find the fashion company in your app.

I am trying to olayt into the NSE because with the rising insecurity, health challenges and protest will trigge higher risk in a year married by global pandemic.

Allocate 2% to 8% of your liquid assets to sensible speculative assets or Investments.

Finally, a trader/investor is the weakest link in any trade- Alexander Elder.

Thank you.

Thanks for this ma'am

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2021
abeg who dey follow Zack Morris and pj patlock for Twitter? those guys are mad pumpers.

edit: especially their SPAC stocks ,they leave their followers with bag and I meant that negatively

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by Leezah(f): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
posty56:
abeg who dey follow Zack Morris and pj patlock for Twitter? those guys are mad pumpers.

edit: especially their SPAC stocks ,they leave their followers with bag.
True but make sure you have a strategy

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by QuinModah(f): 5:39pm On Feb 13, 2021
tot:

My point is the aim of this thread is not to create or add to those losers.
World markets attract speculative capital like moths to a flame; most people throw money at securities without understanding why prices move higher or lower. Instead, they chase hot tips, make binary bets, and sit at the feet of gurus, letting them make buy-and-sell decisions that make no sense.

A better path is to learn how to trade the markets with skill and authority.

They should start with a self-examination that takes a close look at their relationship with money.

Dothey view life as a struggle, with a hard effort required to earn each dollar?
Do they believe personal magnetism will attract market wealth to them in the same way it does in other life pursuits? More ominously, have they lost money on a regular basis through other activities and hope the financial markets will treat you more kindly?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by posty56: 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2021
Leezah:
True but make sure you have a strategy
lol I don't follow their calls I just follow them for fun thanks, by the way your portfolio is looking great .

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 7:22pm On Feb 13, 2021
suzzyrims:

Join wealth hackers on telegram
hmmmm, they advertise their Mentorship class a lot and it expensive in my own opinion

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
US Stock Market Pick Alert (USMPA) is on telegram
Na wa o, why are Telegram group

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 7:35pm On Feb 13, 2021
hakeem4:
Does anyone follow paul ngumah on YouTube stock predictions.

I just started stock trading
Yes

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by IyaTola: 7:36pm On Feb 13, 2021
klabi:
Hello good evening here , please I’m a newbie to stock trading I’ve setup a bamboo account already , any mentors here please help a newbie
can you answer these question?
1. what do you know about stock market?

2. differentiate between bull & bear

3. what's is bid price and ask price?

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by layzie86(m): 9:00pm On Feb 13, 2021
Has anyone tried using the stop loss order on Trove?

While I was in profit on a demo, I tried using it to set stop loss. I got alerted that the stop order only works for whole shares and not fractional shares. So I had to set the stop loss to exit partial (whole) shares at a loss should in case the market reversed.

Only for me to observe that my current shares holdings was reduced by the amount of whole shares set in the stop loss order without the price reversing to test the stop level. I was even charged a fee for the transaction.

This got me confused why that was the case as my believe was that price needs to reverse and hit the stop loss level before taking any closing action on my position.

I just want to know if there is something that I'm doing wrong.

I hope I was explicit enough �

Re: Us Stocks Pick Alert by 1kinggy(m): 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2021
QuinModah:
The bolded is what sub/Reddit group did the group onwer made $11m after taking position, has been verified by Twitter, has a Telegram group, Instagram page and a Facebook group, many that joined THE CROWD are in premium tears, other sold at a loss, other are hoping the price will trend soon.

There'd be a dead cat bounce before the cremation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (430) (Reply)

Stock Market Tips For Nigerians / Mutual Funds / MBA Investors Forum

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82