Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:27 AM

Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador (368 Views)

Pictures And Videos Of Daniel Amokachi In An APC Branded Rolls Royce / Amokachi, Peter Rufai, Ikpeba, Aghahowa, Adepoju, Babayaro For Tinubu Campaign / Gara-Gombe: Aisha Buhari Wanted Amokachi As Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by jarawa: 9:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed a retired Nigerian professional footballer, former Super Eagles player and Assistant Coach, Daniel Amokachi, as Nigeria’s Football Ambassador. Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, said this in a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.

Amokachi, a member of the 1994 Super Eagles Team that won the African Nations Cup in Tunisia, was also in the Nigerian Olympic Football Team to the 1996 Atlanta Olympics that won the Gold Medal. In addition to his football exploits in Europe, particularly in England where he won the FA Cup with Everton in 1995, Amokachi after retirement has managed Nasarawa United and Enyimba Football Club of Aba.

“As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador – a largely ceremonial role –Amokachi will assist the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development to scout for talents and be part of processes to revive the country’s football development. “He will also serve as a mentor to young sports men and women,’’ the presidential aide stated.(NAN)

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-appoints-amokachi-as-nigerias-football-ambassador.html
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by kiyosaki1(m): 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2020
Amokachi vigorously campaign for Buhari during the last presidential election in Kaduna. He even donates hi house in Kaduna to be use for the campaign purpose. I guess this is pay back time, as I learnt the guy is broke.
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 04, 2020
Football ambassador to where? To FIFA or to CAF?
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by Citytrend: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2020
It's welcome development. Kudos to the man who recommended him to Buhari
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by tico1212(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2020
Buhari Appoints Amotekun As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador shocked shocked shocked
Is my eyes paining me?
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by alizma: 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2020
Good development
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by Abfinest007(m): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2020
good one i heard buhari is a man u fan
Re: Buhari Appoints Amokachi As Nigeria’s Football Ambassador by Mynd44: 10:21pm On Feb 04, 2020

(1)

Summary Of The Case Of Rt. Hon Emeka Ihedioha Vs. Sen. Hope Uzodinma For Review / Since The Supreme Court Ruling, Please Has David Lyon Issued Any Statement? / Don't Raise Your Hand To Beat A Woman - Okowa's Aide, Ossai Tells Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.