Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,974 members, 7,848,922 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Can Nass Pay Be Cut? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Nass Pay Be Cut? (495 Views)

NASS: Saraki, Lawan’s Men Close Ranks / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Nass Pay Be Cut? by hassymo5(m): 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2010
Pls NL, Nass salary is disturbing, i want to know who can cut there pay and how it can be done, the RMAFC amendment act 2008 is 12,209.060million/anum for senators against 15.18 million monthly and 10,273.473million/anum for Reps against 10.59 million monthly, because it's like it wont be possible, but if u think it going be possible how are they going to do it and who?
Re: How Can Nass Pay Be Cut? by jamace(m): 4:23pm On Dec 12, 2010
The NLC can pressurize them to cut their pay. But the NLC seems to be looking the other way for now. Whether NLC dem don chop clean mouth, will soon be known to Nigerians.
Re: How Can Nass Pay Be Cut? by KnowAll(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2010
IT IS SIMPLE, JUST RE-CALL ALL 469 MEMBERS OF THE NASS, TO EXERCISE THE POWERS OF A RECALL YOU NEED SIGNATORY AMOUNTING TO 100,000 SIGNATORIES OR MORE THAN 50% OF THE ELECTORATES IN THE AREA CONCERNED.

ALTHOUGH I don't know how the Nigerian Constitution of 1999 treats or spells out the procedure, the clause might not exist in our constituion for all we care. But that would be a shame my assumption is such a powerful democratic tool should not be amiss in a robust and solid constitution, in the West the power to re-call is addressed along if not similar lines as described above.
Re: How Can Nass Pay Be Cut? by violent(m): 4:50pm On Dec 12, 2010
^^

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Is Not Political Party But Looters' Avenue / Nigerian Becomes Poland's First Black Member Of Parliament / Re: What Wikileaks Has Taught Me - Thisday Editor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.