Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

Is Revenge Un-godly? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Revenge Un-godly? (563 Views)

Revenge: Are You For Or Against? / How Do We Handle Sexual Urge In A Godly Relationship? / 7 Values To Teach Our Children To Make Them Grow Into Godly Men And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Revenge Un-godly? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2010
Is it ever ok to get even? I consider myself a God - fearing young lady however ever since I was a child I had an issue with my anger. Over the years I have found that I were able to tame it more but one thing that has not left me is my need to get even. As a child and even now, I am easily perplexed and bothered and have always felt the need to retaliate on those who cause me to feel either way. My mother is deeply insinc with her spirituality and with the Creator. She prays for me morning, noon and night and tells me it is through him and my willing to try, that I can be cured of these horrible thoughts. I do not doubt her but it is VERY difficult. Sometimes when agry I can get devious and if I am not given the chance to act on my emotions, I can literally feel heat coming from my diaphram and then bad thoughts, very horrid in nature enter my mind. It sounds rediculous but its is very real. I need to know how can I truly rid myself of this feeling and become more closer to the Creator?
Re: Is Revenge Un-godly? by Odunnu: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Is it ever ok to get even? I consider myself a God - fearing young lady however ever since I was a child I had an issue with my anger. Over the years I have found that I were able to tame it more but one thing that has not left me is my need to get even. As a child and even now, I am easily perplexed and bothered and have always felt the need to retaliate on those who cause me to feel either way. My mother is deeply insinc with her spirituality and with the Creator. She prays for me morning, noon and night and tells me it is through him and my willing to try, that I can be cured of these horrible thoughts. I do not doubt her but it is VERY difficult. Sometimes when agry I can get devious and if I am not given the chance to act on my emotions, I can literally feel heat coming from my diaphram and then bad thoughts, very horrid in nature enter my mind. It sounds rediculous but its is very real. I need to know how can I truly rid myself of this feeling and become more closer to the Creator?
Accepting the fact that you have a problem and need a solution to it is a major step towards solving it.
I'll advice you to talk to a professional, your case aint peculiar to other people but you see, i'm so scared of people who get violent when angry, they can kill
Re: Is Revenge Un-godly? by manmustwac(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2010
Of course revenge is ungodly. What happened to turn the other cheek?
Re: Is Revenge Un-godly? by mabell: 11:18pm On Dec 12, 2010
You may need some demons to be cast out
Re: Is Revenge Un-godly? by Joagbaje(m): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2010
It's important for us to know if you are born again and spirit filled. And if you are , have you talked with your pastor? What did he say? What mabel said may not be overrulled. Some levels of anger, hatred and unforgiveness are demonic. You can't manage it with psychology. You got to cast them out . They can be very destructive if you don't deal with it fast. You can reach me by mail in my profile.

(1) (Reply)

A Good Summary Of Arguments With Religious People / Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? / Would You Kindly Pray With Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.