Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos (46727 Views)

Riot At Port Harcourt Prisons Over Inmate’s Death, Scores Wounded / Enugu: Keke, Okada And Tiper Union Leaders Say Hoodlums Responsible For Crimes / Ban On Keke, Okada: Lagos Government Promises Alternative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by kokomilala(m): 1:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
If the Ipaja axis is not on the list, then those police officers trying to enforce a pseudo law have acted irresponsibly and ironically out of order. SanwoOlu should swiftly investigate this and report them to the IG for prosecution.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Godstime234: 1:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
afternoon people, am in need of a car to use for uber/ taxify. I will prefer hp but down payment is what I dont have but we can work something out. I also look forward to rentals that may lead to hp after some months. thank you. 07086382357.(whatsapp)
08098577528. calls
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Adewale623(m): 1:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Miscreants everywhere, no place is safe again.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by lifenajeje(m): 1:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
I don't think it's as a result of Keke/ okada ban because that axis is not on the list ..

The only riot that occurs at that end is the battle for which faction controls the park.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Richimills(m): 1:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
RapistOnBail:
undecided

Ban The bikes and keke. Those idiots should look for a better profession otherwise they should just DIE.
Either u were born with a silver spoon,or you got to make it the easier way....
So unfortunate u can deliberate like this'
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by bestdudes: 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2020
RapistOnBail:
undecided

Ban The bikes and keke. Those idiots should look for a better profession otherwise they should just DIE.
u just want trend undecided
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by ivolt: 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2020
ajalawole:
that's ur own cup of tea. at last he isn't into crime, I just imagine what he will be into after this...

a sensible govt would have know what to do before the ban

1. partner with private firms (GoOkada, Opay and so one)

2. those private partners will profile all it riders and send the data to the state govt (any bike not registered with GoOkada should not allowed to move

3. doing 1 and 2 above, will help the state govt to know the numbers of riders in Lagos and also know number of riders moving into Lagos.

Your friend is not doing anyone any favor by not going into crime.
The reality is that only a tiny percent of criminals are successful while the rest become statistics.
If crime were that easy, you won't be able to leave your house due to a large number of criminals waiting to pounce.

A sensible government upholds the law in its book, not partner with foreign collaborators to break the same law.

Even if Okada were to be legalized, foreign companies shouldn't be allowed to run it neither should the
government institute monopoly.

Finally, some other states have banned Okada with no one screaming end times.
People survived before Gokada and they will after it.

1 Like

Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Iyiataata92: 1:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
akinjojo1234:

Police are rioting too?
that's naija media for you
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by DabuIIIT: 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
When are they protesting/rooting against agberoes?

Phygo:
Cause?

As short as the thread is,you still didn't read?!?!?! shocked shocked
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Tolani1122(m): 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=fatymore post=86395025]
Lol[/quote you must be insane , how could you support this. ,if you think deeply u won't surport it
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by DabuIIIT: 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2020
blaise00700:
For Lagos/Nigeria to be great, tough decisions has to be taken. Unfortunately, this has to be one of them.

We always blame government but we are equally part of the problems in this country.

They can riot all they like, the ban STANDS.

When is the govt gonna ban agberoes?
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by emperorlaqrin: 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
ajalawole:
why not give GoOkada the job then... If the govt can't profile and train riders, let GoOkada do it. imagine my bro wife trekking all the way from kola bus stop to oshodi

Na lie
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Originalsly: 1:40pm On Feb 05, 2020
blaise00700:

For Lagos/Nigeria to be great, tough decisions has to be taken. Unfortunately, this has to be one of them.

We always blame government but we are equally part of the problems in this country.

Although that is not part of the ban route.... Police should stop them? It is people like you that allow Police to abuse their power.... to make up their own laws and carry them out.
We are really part of the problem in this country.... but we. Ever ourselves as such.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by HitSong: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
DryMouth:

Did I inherit being a fool from MY parents or someone in Alaba or Computer Village sold it to ME
The first probably
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Mabelenena(f): 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
RapistOnBail:
undecided

Give them good JOBS if you can.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by blaise00700(m): 1:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
DabuIIIT:

When is the govt gonna ban agberoes?

I hope it follows afterward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by blaise00700(m): 1:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
Neddstark:

May the source of your income be seized away from you. Perhaps then you can be more humane

May the source of your income multiply in Hundredfold. Amen
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by fatymore(f): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
[quote author=Tolani1122 post=86397611][/quote] I don't get... My lol was for the other part of his post...olopa ewotenpe
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by sobastical: 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
RapistOnBail:
undecided

E ponu sir
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by fareed69(m): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2020
blaise00700:

Yes
They are menace
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by AIICO2009(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
RapistOnBail:
undecided

is that the best you can suggest on this development. ..........
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Onarabu: 2:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
ajalawole:
bro, she work at oshodi, they stay at kola, I once trekked from u turn bus stop at abule egba to oshodi. But have relocate to ilorin now, is likely possible she did.
Bro, it's a lie, buses were seen passing and picking passengers even in my presence yesterday, besides buses are not banned
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by wristbangle: 2:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
ajalawole:
why not give GoOkada the job then... If the govt can't profile and train riders, let GoOkada do it. imagine my bro wife trekking all the way from kola bus stop to oshodi

Ah.... from Kola bus stop to Oshodi

Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by omoharry(f): 2:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
blaise00700:

Modified:
To those raining insult at me for my humble opinion, please be reminded that Jesus Christ also drove people away from the temple when they almost turn it to a business center [John 2:15].

Because things are convenient does not always make them right.
The way you dey talk, ee be like sey you get motto..If not you wont be 100% in support of this outright ban on Okada and Keke. I support a strict regulation of keke and the Uber bikes such as the Gokada and Max, at least it will eliminate the possibility of having those Niger/Malian miscreant on our road constituting a nuisance to our society
.I think Sanwo olu should have a rethink about the Uber bike and keke Napep .They can be allowed to operate under govt regulation.With that, it will be a win win for everyone.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by blaise00700(m): 2:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
omoharry:
The way you dey talk, ee be like sey you get motto..If not you wont be 100% in support of this outright ban on Okada and Keke. I support a strict regulation of keke and the Uber bikes such as the Gokada and Max, at least it will eliminate the possibility of having those Niger/Malian miscreant on our road constituting a nuisance to our society
.I think Sanwo olu should have a rethink about the Uber bike and keke Napep .They can be allowed to operate under govt regulation.With that, it will be a win win for everyone.

Good suggestion but motorbikes are disastrous for public transport.

How did our parents commute in their days, certainly not with Okada and Keke.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Horleman(m): 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
RapistOnBail:
undecided

How many of them can you employ? And you saying they should die shows how heartless you are
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by 3kay945(m): 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
Pls, what Is the situation of that road, iyana ipaja to Egbeda now ?
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
ajalawole:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I know Nigerians can exaggerate, but not to this extent. Bros why na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by BeautifulDemon(f): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2020
[s][s]
HitSong:

The first probably
[/s][/s]
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by omoharry(f): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
blaise00700:

Good suggestion but motorbikes are disastrous for public transport.

How did our parents commute in their days, certainly not with Okada and Keke.

Remember our population had not exploded like we have now? then people were not so many as we have now and they were disciplined.Secondly, some facilities were still functional then, such as the train and proper urban taxi system.Now things have changed.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Phygo(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
DabuIIIT:
When are they protesting/rooting against agberoes?

As short as the thread is,you still didn't read?!?!?! shocked shocked

What caused the riot/protest?

Stop forming who read pass.
Re: Riot At Iyana Ipaja Over Keke, Okada Ban In Lagos by Phygo(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2020
lomprico:

seriously ? undecided

Guy wetin cause the riot?

If you are serious, go to hospital, I asked a straight forward question and u are forming "seriously"..

Enyia visit a hospital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Apologize Within 7 Days Or Face Yoruba Gods, OPC Tells Apc’s Spokesperson / Patience Jonathan's Ex-Security Aide Who Was Assassinated (Photo) / Theresa May's Visit To Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.