Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages (1906 Views)

FIFA Announces New Rule, Racists Will Now Get Automatic 10-game Ban / Mohamed Salah In Tears After Egypt AFCON 2019 Exit (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by emjayyoungwiz12: 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2020
Trabzonspor midfielder John Obi Mikel breaks down in tears while speaking about the racist abuse he and his family received on social media.

According to Midfielder, the racist messages were targeted at his wife and children which he described as scary.

"A lot has been said about this - the issue of racism but since I've been here, my team and colleagues at Trabzonspor have been very nice to me, there's not been any issue." he told Turkish TV.

"After the game on Saturday I started getting messages on my Instagram, even my girlfriend getting instant messages of racism and hatred.
"Very scary messages towards me and my family and kids. There's no place for this.

"I don't think this should be happening and I think these people should be held responsible. They shouldn't be allowed to come to games.

"I'm very disappointed with this - especially CONTINUE READING HERE

Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by chival(f): 11:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
I can actually feel his pain. This is highly unfair. Unfortunately, not much can be done about it. He needs to take steps to protect his girlfriend and daughters.
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by doggedfighter(f): 12:20am On Feb 06, 2020
Is there nothing his club can do?
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by hstar: 1:47am On Feb 06, 2020
Wow, seeing the second image which shows his feeling sad, I was shocked. Ha, I don't just know what to say, but obi, u just have to be man and stop being emotional about it as that would be giving them more edge on you, I really feel sad cos I couldn't imagine the like of Mikel shedding tears.
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by movingclouds(m): 10:13am On Feb 06, 2020
Come to Enyimba....
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by TangoPredict(f): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2020
Cry cry baby, them force you go there?

Come back home and enjoy the suffering with us.

We experience racism daily here too
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by bedfordking: 8:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
hstar:
Wow, seeing the second image which shows his feeling sad, I was shocked. Ha, I don't just know what to say, but obi, u just have to be man and stop being emotional about it as that would be giving them more edge on you, I really feel sad cos I couldn't imagine the like of Mikel shedding tears.

ignorance is a diseases
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by hstar: 9:05pm On Feb 06, 2020
bedfordking:

ignorance is a diseases
How am I an ignorant?
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by Realtalk20: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2020
This is terrible
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by hstar: 9:28pm On Feb 06, 2020
bedfordking:

ignorance is a diseases
You better answer me before I give it to you back in a negative manner, you know say Na dey I dey on my own and you come look for trouble, now I ask you again, how am I an ignorant?
Re: Mikel Breaks Down In Tears After Receiving Scary Racists Messages by hstar: 10:08am On Feb 07, 2020
bedfordking:

ignorance is a diseases
U are a big fool for quoting and not answering me! Just see what you type yourself, who is the ignorant here, oloshi somebody

(1) (Reply)

Motorsport - Join Nigeria's Car Racing Club! / Photo: Lukaku Confirms Victor Moses Joined Inter Milan / Sporty Trading And Make Minimum Of 150% Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.