Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! (1901 Views)

Congolese Fans Attack Super Eagles / Woman Defrauds Osaze Of £70000 / Osaze Warns Keshi To Watch His Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by smile4kenn(m): 3:37am On Sep 08, 2009
The angry mob hauled broken bottles, sachet water and stones at the vehicle, which was conveying the players back to their hotel. The players quickly buried their heads in the seats of the Mercedes Benz Marcopolo bus to avoid being hit by the objects.

The Police had a hectic time dispersing the angry fans at the Nicon Lxury Hotel, Abuja where the Eagles were lodged. The fans came out in their numbers to attack the players, but it took the intervention of the police, who threw several tear-gas canisters as they tried to rescue the players from the attack. The Police, however arrested six of the irate fans.

One of the arrested fans, was shouting on top of his voice screaming “Sir! Don’t take me away, these Eagles disappointed us, some of us travelled from far and wide just to come and cheer these shameless players, but they ended up disappointing us. We didn’t come here to see them disgrace the country.”

One of the fans also screamed: “We don’t want this set of Super Eagles again, they are a disgrace, they disappointed us. Even if they eventually qualify for the World Cup, they will be disgraced.”

It took the combined team of regular and the anti-riot policemen to calm frayed nerves. Several fans still waited at the team’s camp till late in the night, perhaps to see if they could get one of the players and use him as a scapegoat.

The fans were particularly angry that the team’s skipper, Kanu Nwankwo was not introduced into the team in good time. They, however, hailed Osaze Odemwingie for getting the curtain raiser via a solo effort. And for the first time, they showered encomiums on Hull City of England’s Seyi Olofinjana for doing a yeoman’s job in the Eagles’ midfield.

Earlier before the attack, the two players, who scored Nigeria’s goals against Tunisia, Lokomotiv Moscow of Russia’s Osaze Odemwingie and Esperance Sportiv of Tunisia’s captain, Michael Eneramo wept bitterly inside their dressing room. Eagles’ skipper and vice captain, Kanu Nwankwo and Joseph Yobo as well as the Uche brothers, Ikechukwu and Kalu tried to console both players but they were adamant as they sobbed like kids.

Odemwingie said: “It is a pity that the goals that we scored were not enough to earn us victory. It is quite unfortunate that after scoring, I thought we were already in South Africa only for the Tunisians to score. Why did we work so hard only to allow this golden opportunity to slip away from us?”

Eneramo on his part was in the dark as he does not know what would be waiting for him on arrival in Tunisia. The player, who had been asked to come and play for the Tunisians but refused said: “The Tunisians would persecute me. They have asked me to come and play for them but I refused. It is also quite worrisome that after scoring the second goal for Nigeria, the defenders let in another goal. The Eagles’ defenders didn’t complement our efforts. It is quite unfortunate that we would have to wait till 2014 before we could get another opportunity to go to the World Cup. Some of us would have got older than we are today.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/09/07/fans-attack-eagles-osaze-eneramo-in-tears
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by mystikal(m): 4:26am On Sep 08, 2009
i feel sad for osaze tho', dude worked his socks off that day.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by FBS: 8:04am On Sep 08, 2009
mystikal:

i feel sad for osaze tho', dude worked his socks off that day.
Yep. You can say that again.
But eh, it ain't over yet. wink
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by ayusman16(m): 8:57am On Sep 08, 2009
It is over man!
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by FBS: 9:00am On Sep 08, 2009
No it ain't over yet. Believe it.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by ayusman16(m): 9:03am On Sep 08, 2009
You believe in permutations?
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by FBS: 9:06am On Sep 08, 2009
Thats not the issue. There are games left to play or do you think Tunisia cannot stumble? undecided
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by naso2(m): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2009
FBS:

Thats not the issue. There are games left to play or do you think Tunisia cannot stumble? undecided

That will be difficult my broda, except if Fifa and MTN decide to pull a fast one on Tunisia becuase of MTN's massive business interest in Nigeria.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by FBS: 10:01am On Sep 08, 2009
na_so:

That will be difficult my broda, except if Fifa and MTN decide to pull a fast one on Tunisia becuase of MTN's massive business interest in Nigeria.
Whatever the case, it ain't over yet. do you agree to that?
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by eyonigger(m): 10:14am On Sep 08, 2009
My men, it is over, it is better off being disgraced on our soil than to be disgraced internationally there. Leave the shame aside that Nigeria (The giant of Africa wont be partaking in this first African hosted world cup. I pray they dnt even qualify, me i go go south and make money on my own. Useless bunch of super chickens.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by naso2(m): 10:26am On Sep 08, 2009
FBS:

Whatever the case, it ain't over yet. do you agree to that?

Arithmetically even Kenya still has a chance of winning the group and going to the world cup.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by FBS: 11:14am On Sep 08, 2009
na_so:

Arithmetically even Kenya still has a chance of winning the group and going to the world cup.
exactly and that means that it ain't over. wink
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by savesoul(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2009
i pity Osaze and enaramo, they worked thier socks off and eventually got dissapointed. embarassed

I hope FIFA and MTN knows the consequences of Nigeria not going to the world cup. They will lose Big time, it better for them to perform thier PDP grin and let nigeria go to the world cup.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by Biliamin(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2009
@ savesoul
what is the consequence of Nigeria not going to W/C.

They WE are the one losing not FIFA.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by naso2(m): 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2009
Biliamin:

@ savesoul
what is the consequence of Nigeria not going to W/C.

They WE are the one losing not FIFA.

MTN will definitely be affected if Nigeria fails to qualify. We are talking about the biggest market for the main sponsor of the WC not having a team at the mundial.

It is however shameful that Amodu put us in this situation where everybody is now a mathematician.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by sley4life(m): 3:20pm On Sep 08, 2009
i hope they killed some
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by yousouph(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2009
Its over. Anybody who get his hope up can end up like Osaze and Enamaro. Martins did same at Abuja in 2005. Tunisia will get 4 points at least.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by Olayinkaoj(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
savesoul:

i pity Osaze and enaramo, they worked thier socks off and eventually got dissapointed. embarassed

I hope FIFA and MTN knows the consequences of Nigeria not going to the world cup. They will lose Big time, it better for them to perform thier PDP grin and let nigeria go to the world cup.

Please what is the meaning of doing it in PDP way?
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by proudly9ja(m): 8:58pm On Sep 08, 2009
yousouph:

Its over. Anybody who get his hope up can end up like Osaze and Enamaro. Martins did same at Abuja in 2005. Tunisia will get 4 points at least.
If Tunisia gets 4 points and we get six, we will still qualify. I think the key is in the last games for both sides ie Tunisia going away to Mozambiqe and Nigeria away to Kenya. Ofcourse that is if the Eagles dont falter again against Mozambique in Abuja.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by DrKitaun(m): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2009
Olayinkaoj:

Please what is the meaning of doing it in PDP way?

are u not a Nigerian ? grin
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by Cristalz(f): 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2009
LOL. . .make una nor corrupt the guy. Ignorance is bliss. grin
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by DrKitaun(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2009
its bliss only when u dont land in troubled waters . . .

if anyone at this stage in our national lifes dont know what doing things the PDP way entails . . .then I pity such person cheesy
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by boy1(m): 10:07pm On Sep 08, 2009
D match pain me nor be small.i almost smashed my expensive t.v.
i sure say most of the players don fuk ashewo tire b4 d game---they lack energy,too slow,lack mental toughness ---in fact i tire----------
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by 3kay945(m): 10:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
before all else, ,be armed! our superless eagle werent armed. to me, it over! cos i cnt wish the tunisia bad, d eagle is a duplicate of 9ja as a SYSTEM, FAILED!!!, i no beg u 2read my post o. grin
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:32am On Sep 09, 2009
How I wish those irate fans had gotten hold of the players with the exception of osaze and eneramo of course.
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by galatico(m): 10:27am On Sep 09, 2009
It's over for the Super Chickens of Nigeria, even if Tunisia slips, the Nigerian team cannot beat the Kenya's in Nairobi as they are very useless, my heartfelt simparty goes to Osaze Odemwingie and Michael Eneramo,

That stupid boy Mikel Obi should be barned from playing for the Nigerian team!!!
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by aieromon(m): 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2009
Permutations didn't work against Angola.
These stupid chickens only bring out the mathematicians in us.
Weep not,i've turned my support to CIV since '05.i havent watched a single Nigerian qualifier and i thank God for that.
If i can support Man Utd over Eyimba,nothin' can stop me supportin' CIV over NGA.
Patriotism has to be two sided - why should the chickens make me suffer from being $$$paid£££ to play for their country?
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by IYANGBALI: 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2009
eyaaaaaaaaaa,osaze dooooooooo,do omo mi daadaa grin grin
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by jalether(m): 5:54pm On Sep 09, 2009
aieromon:

Permutations didn't work against Angola.
These stupid chickens only bring out the mathematicians in us.
Weep not,i've turned my support to CIV since '05.i havent watched a single Nigerian qualifier and i thank God for that.
If i can support Man Utd over Eyimba,nothin' can stop me supportin' CIV over NGA.
Patriotism has to be two sided - why should the chickens make me suffer from being $$$paid£££ to play for their country?

grin grin grin cheesy
na wa o
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by jalether(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
Nigeria's chance of qualification is as good as a torrential rain fall coupled with heavy snow in sahara desert grin grin grin

dont deceive yourself all in the purpose of keeping your hopes high, God helps does who help themselves, i'm sure luck

is wiser than allowing the SE to quaify despite their disgraceful perfomances
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by tkb417(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2009
i was wondering why we didnt bribe the REF after they equalized?
or better still, disallow the goal, when FIFA bans him, we'll just give him a million dollars lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

now, we are crying. Yaradua and NFF dey crase sef
Re: Fans Attack Eagles; Osaze, Eneramo Cried! by 190: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
i cried too not just osaze!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Makes Jose Mourinho Such A Brilliant Manager / All 1960bet Members Most Log In Or Register Through This Link / Messi Is Overated Whats Your Take On This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.