Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,733 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay (2593 Views)

My New Opinion Of China After 1year And 7months / Isaac Odigbo In Finland Offers His Marriott’s Malaga Suite For Free In December / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Explorers(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
Finland's woman-led government has today announced plans to give fathers the same amount of paid parental leave as mothers.

Paternity leave for new fathers is set to be extended to nearly seven months, the same as maternity leave.

The centre-left government led by Sanna Marin, the world's youngest prime minister at 34, says the 'radical reform' is intended to promote equality and boost birth rates.

'This enables better equality between parents and diversity among families,' said health minister Aino-Kaisa Pekonen.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7970077/amp/Finland-offer-fathers-paid-leave-new-mothers.html?__twitter_impression=true

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by JasonScoolari: 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
Lovely country.... Unlike one country were they worship the Queen...

Please, the Finland government should extend this gesture to me as well.... I am a Nursing father.

15 Likes

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Explorers(m): 6:13pm On Feb 05, 2020
Pekonen, the health minister, said a more equal distribution of domestic roles has been shown to reduce the risk of divorce.

'Over a longer term, it also improves equality in working life and in wages by directing fathers to use a larger proportion of parental leaves than before,' she said.

Prime minister Sanna Marin (second right), 34, poses with the Minister of Education Li Andersson (left), 32, Minister of Finance Katri Kulmuni (second left), 32, and Minister of Interior Maria Ohisalo (right), 34, after Finland's new government was formed in December

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Explorers(m): 6:14pm On Feb 05, 2020
Earlier thread.

Finland to introduce a four-day working week and SIX-HOUR per day.

https://www.nairaland.com/5616688/finland-introduce-4-days-per

4 Likes

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by donstan18: 6:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
While women-led government in Finland are practicing equality.

Bitter Feminist wannabes in Nigeria are running away from responsibilities.

26 Likes

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by konkonbilo(m): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2020
Nice one
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by seankafor(m): 6:19pm On Feb 05, 2020
I prefer naija anyday anytime kiss
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Riele(f): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is what happens when women rule a country . Peace and equality becomes the order of the day .

Unlike some country I know with men as rulers .
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Jesus is Lord.
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by mrMeen(m): 7:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
Supported This is the real equality that people like me have been clamoring for.

This woman is amazing reform after reform after reform all to ease up the burden that the citizens bare, really if not that I love Nigeria to the core this is one country that I would consider leaving Nigeria for.
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by domido(m): 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2020
How can someone apply for masters in Finland with scholarship?
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
This is a working country
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Xbee007(m): 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
Meanwhile Prophet Muhammed said any nation that appoints a female as their leader will never prosper. Turned out to be bull crap as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Bibidear(f): 7:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
better country
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by DelTel(m): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Explorers:

Prime minister Sanna Marin (second right), 34, poses with the Minister of Education Li Andersson (left), 32, Minister of Finance Katri Kulmuni (second left), 32, and Minister of Interior Maria Ohisalo (right), 34, after Finland's new government was formed in December

Our Falconets old pass all these ones o chai undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by dynicks(m): 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
R
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by DelTel(m): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Finland - Fatherhood Important for Nation-building.

Nigeria - Niggers In Government.
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by TeflonBlixx: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Unlike the brand of feminism we practise in this part of the world...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Petyprincess(f): 8:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
This what i call sane country!!

1 Like

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by uvalentine2003(m): 8:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Riele:
This is what happens when women rule a country . Peace and equality becomes the order of the day .

Unlike some country I know with men as rulers .
Country like Nigeria
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by michlins(m): 8:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
When I look at the age bracket that makes up this government, I wonder what went wrong in Nigeria. All of them are less than thirty five years

4 Likes

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Kakamorufu(m): 6:04am On Feb 06, 2020
shey i wee not go to Finland Laidis grin

1 Like

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Papanwamaikpe: 10:29am On Feb 06, 2020
donstan18:
While women-led government in Finland are practicing equality.

Bitter Feminist wannabes in Nigeria are running away from responsibilities.
lmfao
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by lilybonny(f): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2020
Wat a nice gesture, this country never ceases to amaze me... Finland rocksssssssssssss
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Flexherbal(m): 10:36am On Feb 06, 2020
Finland's woman-led government has today announced plans to give fathers the same amount of paid parental leave as mothers.

Very good!
It won't make men lazy.
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by judey1992(m): 3:04pm On Feb 06, 2020
How can I get to Finland without visa?
Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by cue64: 2:54am On Feb 07, 2020
A country where the people are Sane

1 Like

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
A country where there are no religious or cultural scams. I'm waiting for the day Nigeria will cease to be. Polluted country.

Tueh!

2 Likes

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Karleb(m): 11:08am On Feb 25, 2020
Tell me why men in this country won't be feminist?

1 Like

Re: Finland To Offer Fathers 7months Paternity Leave With Pay by Karleb(m): 11:09am On Feb 25, 2020
cue64:
A country where the people are Sane

As in?

No mago mago, no manipulation of any sort.

I want to marry from this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

US Embassy And Pregnant Women / Lagos Is Truly A Beautiful City..must See Photos* / Overrated Places To Live In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.