Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,690 members, 7,831,139 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Insight Created By God Chapter 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Insight Created By God Chapter 1 (153 Views)

Women Were Not Created By God For Men - Seun Kuti / Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insight Created By God Chapter 1 by elijahkayode(m): 9:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Insight Created By God Chapter 1

1.) Scripture
Psalms 139:13‭-‬16
You created every part of me; you put me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because you are to be feared; all you do is strange and wonderful. I know it with all my heart. When my bones were being formed, carefully put together in my mother's womb, when I was growing there in secret, you knew that I was there — you saw me before I was born. The days allotted to me had all been recorded in your book, before any of them ever began.
Psalms 119:73
You created me, and you keep me safe; give me understanding, so that I may learn your laws.
Fashioned By God
God loves you because you’re his. He had as much to do with your creation as your parents—even more so because he decided which of their genes you would inherit. You are not some random arrangement of DNA. You were designed intentionally and with a purpose. In Jeremiah 1:5, God tells Jeremiah that he knew and planned for Jeremiah’s life work before he was even conceived. Jeremiah was no more special to God than you are. God’s love for you is just as strong, and his plans for you are even better.
God selected your nose, eyes, hair, and basic figure. He chose your height and shoe size. Our good God decided whether you’d be a creative free spirit or a logical thinker. He placed love in you for the pursuits he designed you to follow. And he put an empty space in your heart that only he could fill, so you would seek him every day of your life. 
If you’re like most people, you have at least one physical feature you’re not crazy about. Does it change your thinking when you realize how intentional God was about creating you? Rest in the knowledge that you were created to be who you are. Some things we can work to change, but some things we cannot.
If your eyes are blue, embrace colors in your wardrobe. If they’re brown, opt for more neutrals. And if you want to look taller or thinner than you are, add a long chain necklace and drop earrings. You can control your image.
Spend a few minutes now thanking God for the way he made you. Ask him to give you peace about it and remain open to change as God leads you in the days ahead.

2.) Scripture
Romans 12:2
Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God — what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.
Colossians 1:26‭-‬27
which is the secret he hid through all past ages from all the human race but has now revealed to his people. God's plan is to make known his secret to his people, this rich and glorious secret which he has for all peoples. And the secret is that Christ is in you, which means that you will share in the glory of God.
Your Mind Was Fashioned In God's Image
My mind is a personal thing. Nobody can read it. My private thoughts remain private unless I decide to share them. With one exception: God can—and does—read my mind. This can be a startling revelation. But God created my mind and wants to help me control my thoughts.
Our choice to follow Christ was made with our minds. The Holy Spirit, “Christ in you,” dwells there. Yes, our hearts and emotions are involved, but as scientists tell us, emotions are seated in our brains. 
God gave you the brain capacity you have, and he enters this space with his very presence to help you live your life. As a believer, you have a built-in app to help you navigate every day. There is even a speaker option for voice commands. (I’m writing figuratively here but hang with me.) When we read and study the Bible, we “hear” God speaking to us in our heads. It is the transformation of our minds by the spirit of Jesus Christ that allows us to hear him and the desire to obey him. The amount of time we spend reading the Bible and listening for God’s instruction determines the volume of his voice.
How much of your thought content would you willingly share with Jesus? How much of it might you be embarrassed or afraid for him to know? Since he already knows it all, now might be a good time to come clean and get it all out there with him. When we agree with God about our sin, it is called repentance. Once we’ve told him all the stuff he knew and patiently waited for us to tell him, then we can move forward. The air becomes quiet, and we can hear the “still, small voice” that guides our days.
Just like we need to clear the air with God, we need to clean out our closets of clothes, so we can see what’s in there and wear it all. We don’t need old, outdated, or ill-fitting pieces stashed between the current knock-out items. This only creates chaos. Today, choose five items to eliminate from your closet. Repeat this exercise daily, and before long, you’ll see what a refreshing difference a curated closet can make.

3.) Scripture
Galatians 5:22‭-‬23
But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these.
You Were Created In God's Image To Act Like Him
Our son, Phil, is just like his dad, but Phil doesn’t look exactly like him. Phil is blonde, and Bo’s hair is auburn. Phil has blue eyes, and Bo’s are hazel. But if you know one of these guys, you know the other. They have the same outgoing, fun-loving personality, and both are Type A, on-the-go men. Like Phil, we are fashioned in the image of our Father. While we might not look just like God (who can know that?), we are supposed to be like him in the way our personalities interact with those around us. 
So what does God’s personality look like? How is it expressed? We see it the same way we see anyone’s personality—through their actions. The Bible gives us insight on God’s personality in Galatians 5:22–23. This list of traits, known to us as fruit, is on the inside. And it becomes expressed through visible actions and audible words.
Let’s take a few minutes and think through how each of these fruits might show up in actions. In your journal, write the list of nine traits in a column, one under the other. Beside each one, write some actions that would result from that personality trait.
Read Galatians 5:25. Are you keeping in step with God in these nine areas? If not, what might you need to change? Voice a prayer and ask God to help your actions look more like his today.
Walking in step with God doesn’t require shoes, but shoes are a vital part of a wardrobe. We need shoes for their function, but they also make a fun accessory. They project an image and can give life to an otherwise boring outfit. Are yours mostly brown or black? Try adding a pair in a vibrant color. You might be surprised by the smile on your face and spring in your step.

4.) Scripture
John 15:15
I do not call you servants any longer, because servants do not know what their master is doing. Instead, I call you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from my Father.
Acts 2:42‭-‬47
They spent their time in learning from the apostles, taking part in the fellowship, and sharing in the fellowship meals and the prayers. Many miracles and wonders were being done through the apostles, and everyone was filled with awe. All the believers continued together in close fellowship and shared their belongings with one another. They would sell their property and possessions, and distribute the money among all, according to what each one needed. Day after day they met as a group in the Temple, and they had their meals together in their homes, eating with glad and humble hearts, praising God, and enjoying the good will of all the people. And every day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved.

You Were Fashioned For Fellowship With God And Other Believers
Did you have a best friend while growing up? The year I turned seven, Debbie moved into our neighborhood. Our dads worked together, and the two of us hit it off right away. Over the years, we shared secrets and dreams, meals with each other’s families, and participated in all the same activities. We even wrote little stories that we acted out.
Jesus called his followers “friends” in John 15:15. What elements of friendship do you find in your relationship with Jesus? Spending time together, sharing our concerns and hopes, reading his words and writing (or telling) your own to Him are all things we need to include for a vibrant relationship with Jesus.
Friendship with other believers is also vital. While we may not choose to live in community the way the first church did in Acts, the principles still apply. Sharing meals, worshiping together, and praying with each other draw us into close fellowship. Sometimes, friends can get crossways with each other, but maintaining a positive outlook through daily praise helps minimize those occurrences. Are you connected to a like-minded group of believers? Do you participate in activities every week with them? What is one way you can become a more involved member?
Do you have a friend who is honest with you and knows how you think? If you do, take this friend shopping with you when you need to buy the clothes you hate shopping for. A friend can help us make good decisions and lend support on these tough missions. Afterward, stop for coffee or lunch to restore joy and ease any stress that may have built up from the trip. Building a stylish wardrobe is not a do-it-yourself activity. Friends help us make it through the hard parts, just like they do in the rest of our lives.

source
http://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/0e663f8f1b69114014400190e0423130?country=za&language=en&share=1&client=

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:tuesday, February 11th, 2020 / Mark 3 / David Jeremiah Devotional 17th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.